Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Just bought a nice LST2!

Old 05-13-2011, 07:02 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a nice LST2!

Hey guys. Well im sure some of you wont believe it, but I just bought a nice looking LST2 off of the marketplace here. HerrSavage, Ntrain42, and some of the others wont believe it because im kind of a savage guy Its all stock and original and in good shape. All it needs is a RX, comes with a traxxas 2.4 TX.

It has the 427, and the high and low range transmission(which i am a fan of). I got the truck for $200 shipped which i think was fair. I have come to like my father in law's LST1 pretty well, so this one is just a beefed up version of that truck.

The only thing i dont like are the stock white rims, and the boddy is a little more truggy looking than i would like. Id love to put XXL wheels on it and either an Aftershock/LST1 body on it, or extend it and put an XXL body on it. Ill worry about that later though. The truck should ship tomorrow. Im ready to try it out. [8D] I have 2 savages, 2 MGT's (one brushless), and now this LST2. Im going to be selling one of the savages to pay for most of this one(got the savage cheap to resell, just havent sold it yet). So ill have one of each of the big name MT's to play with[8D]

Here are the only pictures I have. What do you guys think?

Eric

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37091.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	1608147   Click image for larger version

Name:	So42648.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	1608148   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68710.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1608149  
Old 05-13-2011, 11:01 PM
HerrSavage

Default RE: Just bought a nice LST2!

Looks good.. I'm sure people will chime in and tell you to get a ton of hop-ups, but with an LST2 you really don't need anything.. - especially if you don't want to launch it and get air, etc.. If medium jumping, maybe a Dynamite engine-brace. The LST2 is a good beefy truck out of the box.. My first LST2 is the best all-around RC product I've ever had. The second though is one of the worst... I learned the hard way - forget truggy wheels and making it a racer if you ever want a 2-speed to stay in one piece.. My first LST2 is 3 1/2 years old and never had any issues.. The stock wheels/tires last forever, and are great for jumping..

Where's the gear cover?

Dang - I've been messing with buggies, truggies, my dumb-axx SC8, and now a DM-1 for so long, seeing your pics makes me want to go charge up the LST2 and plow around the park some...

The front end has finally developed some slop - that's why I haven't bothered with it much lately. Need to go give it some TLC, but been too lazy.. Now that I'm retiring the second racer LST2 though, I might just switch out the whole front end from the newer to the older truck.. I'm not the most enthusiastic wrencher ha ha.. (And I have a lot I need to do right now....)
Old 05-13-2011, 11:29 PM
cummins driver

Thanks man. No worries, I normally dont do much in the way of hop ups unless i break something. I dont do a whole lot of jumping either because it is harder on parts, and im kinda more of a hill climber/ rough terrain kind of guy so thats what i normally do. I dont know where the gear cover is. I dont think it has it, but Jenny's RC on ebay has them for $3.99 shipped i believe, so ill pick one up most likely.

Yeah, there wont be any truggy tires for me. It will never be a racer as long as i have it, and I like the looks of the stock tires too. Only thing I would like is the XXL rims, but thats not too big a deal. haha Why do you say the 2 speed has issues with truggy wheels/race setup? Seems like it would be lighter and easier on the driveline?

I know what you mean. For me buying the vehicles isnt a problem, its keeping up on all the maintenance. I enjoy working on them, but at times it can be a little much when you have 6 R/C's. lol

Honestly, I had no real intentions of buying an LST2. My father in law bought his LST1 and I like it pretty well. So I was cruising the classifieds and found this one. I thought it was a pretty good price. My father in law gave a little over 200 for his LST1, so I got this for about the same price, except its got all the nicer beefed up LST2 parts.

Anyways, just another fun basher MT. I have a Monster GT pulling truck, and I may set this one up to pull every once in a while, though I imagine my MGT will stay my dedicated puller. As i have seen on my father in law's lst1, the low range in the transmission on these trucks is perfect for pulling, so its gonna be tempting not to try it out with the sled behind it

How is the Mach 427 for power? Seems I have always heard its a dang good engine in an MT. Also, is this one what is considered the Teal head? Id say ill leave it in the truck and run it like it sits. I have a spare Associated/Thunder Tiger .28 I can throw in if i feel the need, but for what im doing, the 427 should be plenty.

Anyways, I know a lot of guys really like this platform and I have grown a little more fond of it from seeing the LST1, so figured what better way to try something out than to try it for yourself, right? haha

Eric
Old 05-13-2011, 11:38 PM
HerrSavage

My orange stock LST2 Mach engine was very good - especially on top-end. The teal/silver engine has a bit more power - it was the stock engine in the Muggy/8B/8T(if you ever find one for dirt cheap for some reason, buy it... Great all-round low-hassle engine.. - very close to LRP Spec 3 power, missing a bit of the grunt, but drinking a lot less fuel...)

In a heavy LST2, I found the orange Mach had a great top-end(with a cold OS A5), but not really the grunt down low for wheelies-on-demand.., with the LST2's wheels which weigh approximately 12,000 pounds each..

I have a Big Red 28 in my basher right now.. It's OK and for the price I'm happy with it, but the LRP Spec 3 is better - and IMHO the perfect engine for an LST2... - though it will drink twice the fuel of the orange Mach...

You seem to know how to tune well and set your stuff up, so just get it, run it, and enjoy it..(and post videos, of course....)

Don't forget a tiny dab of threadlock on the wheelnuts... Also, btw, you can find stickers to cover the white rims if you really don't like them..

I would get a gear cover too - same part for all the Losi MT's... Though maybe get the truck first, run it on pavement to see how it goes.. That way, if there's something wrong, you can order whatever else you might need once you've inspected and tested the truck..
Old 05-14-2011, 05:14 AM
Icezman

I Love my After shock. Looks like I'm going to have to upgrade the electrics on it . I dont know what radio would have the longest range . Its easy to drive out of range of the radio. Congratulations have fun with your LOSI .
Old 05-14-2011, 07:21 AM
cummins driver

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

My orange stock LST2 Mach engine was very good - especially on top-end. The teal/silver engine has a bit more power - it was the stock engine in the Muggy/8B/8T(if you ever find one for dirt cheap for some reason, buy it... Great all-round low-hassle engine.. - very close to LRP Spec 3 power, missing a bit of the grunt, but drinking a lot less fuel...)

In a heavy LST2, I found the orange Mach had a great top-end(with a cold OS A5), but not really the grunt down low for wheelies-on-demand.., with the LST2's wheels which weigh approximately 12,000 pounds each..

I have a Big Red 28 in my basher right now.. It's OK and for the price I'm happy with it, but the LRP Spec 3 is better - and IMHO the perfect engine for an LST2... - though it will drink twice the fuel of the orange Mach...

You seem to know how to tune well and set your stuff up, so just get it, run it, and enjoy it..(and post videos, of course....)

Don't forget a tiny dab of threadlock on the wheelnuts... Also, btw, you can find stickers to cover the white rims if you really don't like them..

I would get a gear cover too - same part for all the Losi MT's... Though maybe get the truck first, run it on pavement to see how it goes.. That way, if there's something wrong, you can order whatever else you might need once you've inspected and tested the truck..
I see. I didnt really think it was the teal head, but wasnt sure. Im sure it will be fine. I can always stick something with a little more fire power in it later if needed I heard the LST's wheels/tires are really heavy. Id say that helps make it stable in the air, but im sure it also hurts performance. haha However, im sure it'll suit me fine how it is. Dont imagine ill change much on it. If i just have to have a wheelie out of it, i can put it in low range. lol . Honestly, Im kind of looking forward to having reverse. I took the reverse out of my MGT because it adds a ton of rotating weight, and since im pulling it, it'll free up some power. And my savage never had it. However, Ill be leaving it in this LST2 because it is nice to have reverse at times.

I have seen your video's of the big red. Looks like a pretty strong engine. Thats the only thing i dont like about the LRP's and things is fuel consumption. Really any .28 will suck more than a good .26 though. Ill definately order a gear cover. Dont really care to get any rocks in between the gears anytime soon. lol

Ill post some video once i get the truck and have time to run it a little. [8D]

Eric
Old 05-14-2011, 07:23 AM
cummins driver

ORIGINAL: Icezman

I Love my After shock. Looks like I'm going to have to upgrade the electrics on it . I dont know what radio would have the longest range . Its easy to drive out of range of the radio. Congratulations have fun with your LOSI .
Any decent 2.4 radio will have real good range. Hobbypartz sells a 2 channel flysky 2.4 radio/receiver for about $20 that will go as far as you can see the truck. Hard to beat for the price.

Eric
Old 05-14-2011, 02:43 PM
ntrain42

I'll trade you my a set of my XXL's rims for those LST2 rims(serious, PM me if interested).

If your going to put money into it, then first thing you should do is convert to the XXL chassis. Need chassis rails, main plate and I think longer driveshafts and your there. The longer wheelbase significantly improves handling.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:47 PM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

I see. I didnt really think it was the teal head, but wasnt sure. Im sure it will be fine. I can always stick something with a little more fire power in it later if needed I heard the LST's wheels/tires are really heavy. Id say that helps make it stable in the air, but im sure it also hurts performance. haha However, im sure it'll suit me fine how it is. Dont imagine ill change much on it. If i just have to have a wheelie out of it, i can put it in low range. lol . Honestly, Im kind of looking forward to having reverse. I took the reverse out of my MGT because it adds a ton of rotating weight, and since im pulling it, it'll free up some power. And my savage never had it. However, Ill be leaving it in this LST2 because it is nice to have reverse at times.

I have seen your video's of the big red. Looks like a pretty strong engine. Thats the only thing i dont like about the LRP's and things is fuel consumption. Really any .28 will suck more than a good .26 though. Ill definately order a gear cover. Dont really care to get any rocks in between the gears anytime soon. lol

Eric

If your gonna upgrade the engine and you want a great tuning powerhouse that isnt a complete fuel pig the only choice is the LRP .30x engine with the insulated carb and tuning inserts. 2nd best option is the Picco pullstart .28.

The big red etc. is kind of a waste of money if buying new/retail.........
Old 05-14-2011, 02:54 PM
ntrain42

Thanks man. No worries, I normally dont do much in the way of hop ups unless i break something. I dont do a whole lot of jumping either because it is harder on parts, and im kinda more of a hill climber/ rough terrain kind of guy so thats what i normally do. I dont know where the gear cover is. I dont think it has it, but Jenny's RC on ebay has them for $3.99 shipped i believe, so ill pick one up most likely.

Yeah, there wont be any truggy tires for me. It will never be a racer as long as i have it, and I like the looks of the stock tires too. Only thing I would like is the XXL rims, but thats not too big a deal. haha Why do you say the 2 speed has issues with truggy wheels/race setup? Seems like it would be lighter and easier on the driveline?

I know what you mean. For me buying the vehicles isnt a problem, its keeping up on all the maintenance. I enjoy working on them, but at times it can be a little much when you have 6 R/C's. lol

Honestly, I had no real intentions of buying an LST2. My father in law bought his LST1 and I like it pretty well. So I was cruising the classifieds and found this one. I thought it was a pretty good price. My father in law gave a little over 200 for his LST1, so I got this for about the same price, except its got all the nicer beefed up LST2 parts.

Anyways, just another fun basher MT. I have a Monster GT pulling truck, and I may set this one up to pull every once in a while, though I imagine my MGT will stay my dedicated puller. As i have seen on my father in law's lst1, the low range in the transmission on these trucks is perfect for pulling, so its gonna be tempting not to try it out with the sled behind it

How is the Mach 427 for power? Seems I have always heard its a dang good engine in an MT. Also, is this one what is considered the Teal head? Id say ill leave it in the truck and run it like it sits. I have a spare Associated/Thunder Tiger .28 I can throw in if i feel the need, but for what im doing, the 427 should be plenty.

Anyways, I know a lot of guys really like this platform and I have grown a little more fond of it from seeing the LST1, so figured what better way to try something out than to try it for yourself, right? haha

Eric
Well if u "like" the original LST(which IMO is fragile in a number of areas) then you will really like the LST2. I would again at the very least upgrade to XXL status, the handling is alot better/more stable.

If your going to bash it hard. New Era skids/rollbar/and rpm-a-arms and ur pretty much set. I also prefer the new XXL tranny that eliminates the hi/low feature for a few reasons, but if you prefer it, then whatever floats your boat. QUality steering servos make a huge difference too. This is a truck where a pair of good torque servos makes a big difference. BAC link would round out the steering upgrade.

This truck can be as wild or as mild as you want it to be. Link to my 2 XXL builds(first one race/second bash): http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...ter-build.html
Old 05-14-2011, 03:05 PM
HerrSavage

Nice.. This guy's truck isn't worth a damn unless he mods it(to your "my truck is cooler than your truck" bs totem pole of RC "coolness" standards..), and my engine is a waste of money...

This is what RC forums have come to, across the board.. Jeeze.. This whole mentality. It's like cancer. You can't just say, hey, have fun.. No, it's "I know more than you do, I have more RC 'cred' than you, my engine is bigger than your engine, bla bla bla...." It's actually beneath being pathetic.. It's almost embarassing to take the time and point out how pathetic it is that people approach a hobby this way..
Old 05-14-2011, 06:26 PM
ntrain42

Nice.. This guy's truck isn't worth a damn unless he mods it(to your "my truck is cooler than your truck" bs totem pole of RC "coolness" standards..), and my engine is a waste of money...

This is what RC forums have come to, across the board.. Jeeze.. This whole mentality. It's like cancer. You can't just say, hey, have fun.. No, it's "I know more than you do, I have more RC 'cred' than you, my engine is bigger than your engine, bla bla bla...." It's actually beneath being pathetic.. It's almost embarassing to take the time and point out how pathetic it is that people approach a hobby this way..
If this is in reply to my last post, then you need to take a step back from the keyboard there. Your making quite a few assumptions that are completely off base.

YOUR engine isn't necessarily a waste of money(again assuming your referring to my posts), but if someone is going from a 426/427 Mach enginethey are alot better off going with something that tunes and runs stronger for just a few more bucks. A Big Red Mach engine would be going sideways if trying to upgradefor considerably more power and tunability.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:05 PM
cummins driver

Eh, im not that hard on my stuff so i really doubt ill do much upgrading. I may turn it into an XXL, but that would also be down the road. I definately know the high/low tranny isnt going anywhere. If i want to hook it to the sled, I can flip a knob. Then flip it back and go run Im going to build myself a rollbar probably. Thats one thing i cant believe losi didnt put on these trucks.

Anyways, the truck will probably be ran just like it is with only minor changes.. I never got caught up into modding unless it was tires/more power, etc.. or there was just a real need for it.

Let me get the truck here and i may take you up on trading wheels. I like the XXL rims better, so ill shoot ya a PM when i get the truck here.

Eric
Old 05-15-2011, 03:13 AM
ntrain42

Eh, im not that hard on my stuff so i really doubt ill do much upgrading. I may turn it into an XXL, but that would also be down the road. I definately know the high/low tranny isnt going anywhere. If i want to hook it to the sled, I can flip a knob. Then flip it back and go run Im going to build myself a rollbar probably. Thats one thing i cant believe losi didnt put on these trucks.

Anyways, the truck will probably be ran just like it is with only minor changes.. I never got caught up into modding unless it was tires/more power, etc.. or there was just a real need for it.

Let me get the truck here and i may take you up on trading wheels. I like the XXL rims better, so ill shoot ya a PM when i get the truck here.

Eric
My XXL rims are new(take off) since I dont use em. Been looking for the older dish style. So let me know.

As for the XXL upgrade. Since your familiar with Jenny's RC you should be able to do the upgrade/conversion for darn cheap money. I normally see the chassis rails/plates sell for less than 10 bucks. And then 2 LOSB3547 drive shafts($13 each, or you can grab em from Jenny's for about 15-20 each with the diff assembly as well), so the entire XXL chassis conversion can be done for under $50 bucks to your door. Very much worth the investment there. This is a truck that stock runs very well, but with a few mods gets much better even.

Once you learn in detail the ins/outs of this roller will you be really happy and possibly surprisedwith the directions you can take it.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:32 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: ntrain42

Eric

If your gonna upgrade the engine and you want a great tuning powerhouse that isnt a complete fuel pig the only choice is the LRP .30x engine with the insulated carb and tuning inserts. 2nd best option is the Picco pullstart .28.

Please shoot some video of this LRP 30 for me ! I have yet to see a LRP 30 do anything that even remotely impresses me...if yours is good I want to see a video !
Old 05-16-2011, 04:49 AM
HerrSavage

Old 05-16-2011, 05:06 AM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: supertib

Eric

Please shoot some video of this LRP 30 for me ! I have yet to see a LRP 30 do anything that even remotely impresses me...if yours is good I want to see a video !
And I have yet to be completely blown away by the Picco pullstart as well(And I know how to tune). Funny, a few other places that do engine mod services actually Like the LRP .30x and what can be accomplished with it. Maybe they just have a little bit more experience with it than you.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:04 AM
supertib

Eric

And I have yet to be completely blown away by the Picco pullstart as well(And I know how to tune). Funny, a few other places that do engine mod services actually Like the LRP .30x and what can be accomplished with it. Maybe they just have a little bit more experience with it than you.

no need to get saucy ! I just want to see a video of your truck is all !
Old 05-16-2011, 09:51 AM
ntrain42

Eric

I'm not gettin "saucy" at all. Im responding in kind to your last post which seemed to have at the very least a bit of sarcasm in it. Remember my friend, you DID call me out privately once which I believe I quickly disproved on another subjuct privately. Im not here to blow smoke or bull***** people. I've spent alot of time with my .30x and its a hell of a powerful mill for under 200 bucks in stock form.

BTW: Why you trying to get Herrsavage tossed from LSTforums? LOL! People complain about democracy and rights to free speech all the time, but the minute someone else has a differing opinion in a tone another party doesn't like then the "communistic" portion of that person's soul comes out in full force. LOL! Herrsavage doesn't always rub the right way with me, but I never complain about him voicing his posts regardless of how much sarcasmhe tossesin em.I see why alot of people don't waste time over there at the LSTforumsanymore.
Too many twinkie eatin blowhards over there.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 AM
supertib

Eric

I'm not gettin ''saucy'' at all. Im responding in kind to your last post which seemed to have at the very least a bit of sarcasm in it. Remember my friend, you DID call me out privately once which I believe I quickly disproved on another subjuct privately. Im not here to blow smoke or bull***** people. I've spent alot of time with my .30x and its a hell of a powerful mill for under 200 bucks in stock form.

BTW: Why you trying to get Herrsavage tossed from LSTforums? LOL! People complain about democracy and rights to free speech all the time, but the minute someone else has a differing opinion in a tone another party doesn't like then the ''communistic'' portion of that person's soul comes out in full force. LOL! Herrsavage doesn't always rub the right way with me, but I never complain about him voicing his posts regardless of how much sarcasm he tosses in em. I see why alot of people don't waste time over there at the LSTforums anymore.
LOL !

Just stop yammering and shoot some video bro ! its easy .......... maybe you can tune, maybe you can't...maybe your LRP 30 is an animal, maybe it isn't.......... I have my own opinions of the LRP 30 and the fastest way to prove me wrong is by shooting some video showing the engine doing what it does....Show me some videos of crazy bumper dragging wheelies and a blistering high revving top end and I am not going to say anything more....... I don't think there is any need to argue over it either, i mean some good video footage is easy for anyone to shoot, and will show what a properly tuned and setup 30X can do in a LST XXL one way or the other.......hell even cel phones can shoot decent video these days, so I am not asking for anything unachievable here.........personally I am not much of a fan of Taiwanese engines, but there is the rare exception that does decently......if the dollars are near equal I will take a Italian built any day.......
Old 05-16-2011, 11:10 AM
HerrSavage

Here we have what started as a nice thread about a guy getting a new-to-him LST2. And what do we have after guess who chimes in? The same old engine trash-talking BS... - who doesn't even run an LST and has badmouthed MT's for years.. Beneath pathetic..

Just too bad it's such poison to all the forums. But then he'd rather poison a forum than tolerate anybody who doesn't kiss his axx... Even to the point of tattling to other websites - in this case a website devoted to a truck he doesn't even own or like..(but hey, there are suckers there who he can bully into buying his engines.. ) Beyond the pale, really..
Old 05-16-2011, 11:16 AM
ntrain42

Eric

I'm not gettin ''saucy'' at all. Im responding in kind to your last post which seemed to have at the very least a bit of sarcasm in it. Remember my friend, you DID call me out privately once which I believe I quickly disproved on another subjuct privately. Im not here to blow smoke or bull***** people. I've spent alot of time with my .30x and its a hell of a powerful mill for under 200 bucks in stock form.

BTW: Why you trying to get Herrsavage tossed from LSTforums? LOL! People complain about democracy and rights to free speech all the time, but the minute someone else has a differing opinion in a tone another party doesn't like then the ''communistic'' portion of that person's soul comes out in full force. LOL! Herrsavage doesn't always rub the right way with me, but I never complain about him voicing his posts regardless of how much sarcasmhe tossesin em.I see why alot of people don't waste time over there at the LSTforumsanymore.
LOL !

Just stop yammering and shoot some video bro ! its easy .......... maybe you can tune, maybe you can't...maybe your LRP 30 is an animal, maybe it isn't.......... I have my own opinions of the LRP 30 and the fastest way to prove me wrong is by shooting some video showing the engine doing what it does....Show me some videos of crazy bumper dragging wheelies and a blistering high revving top end and I am not going to say anything more....... I don't think there is any need to argue over it either, i mean some good video footage is easy for anyone to shoot, and will show what a properly tuned and setup 30X can do in a LST XXL one way or the other.......hell even cel phones can shoot decent video these days, so I am not asking for anything unachievable here.........personally I am not much of a fan of Taiwanese engines, but there is the rare exception that does decently......if the dollars are near equal I will take a Italian built any day.......
Well if you want to see video footage, it will eventually be available on the tech in the upcoming weeks when I go to the track to race it. Im sure you can and will chime in there.

As for my phone, lol no video, no picture ability. Hell I have to text using the old style numeric keypad on the phone itself. I like keeping my cell bill under $20 a month. No iPhone or blackberry for me. But I do have a nice HD camcorder on the way, it will be taking pics of my XXL racing soon as stated.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:33 AM
supertib

Here we have what started as a nice thread about a guy getting a new-to-him LST2. And what do we have after guess who chimes in? The same old engine trash-talking BS... - who doesn't even run an LST and has badmouthed MT's for years.. Beneath pathetic..

Just too bad it's such poison to all the forums. But then he'd rather poison a forum than tolerate anybody who doesn't kiss his axx... Even to the point of tattling to other websites - in this case a website devoted to a truck he doesn't even own or like..(but hey, there are suckers there who he can bully into buying his engines.. ) Beyond the pale, really..

I am not poison at all.....If anything I am a voice of reason when fanboys start posting a pile of verbal diarrhea on a sublect they have no business commenting on.......... unlike you, Ntrain actually owns a Picco 28, so I take his opinions a little more seriously...You however have trashed on the Picco 28 since the days you ran a Axial 28.....yet over all these years of trash talking the Picco 28 you have yet to run one yourself, or even see one run for yourself.........Yet based off all your posts in the engine topics over the years you must consider yourself some sort of expert on the subject.... Maybe you have been staying in the Holiday Inn or something ......... You say engines don't matter, yet you have made it an obsession of yours to always be posting in engine threads..... Always with he same old routine about how the SH is the ideal engine, and the Picco's are too much hassle etc. etc........Yet the funny thing is you have not even owned a Picco 28, but have made hundreds of posts steering people away from it.....

You say I should steer clear of the MT forums as I don't run a MT, however you never see me posting about anything but nitro engines, I don't pretend to be an expert with he details of these trucks..But I am a expert with nitro engines, and as long as MT's run Nitro engines I have every right to post and offer advice...as it doesn't matter what the engine goes into, the same rules apply.......
Old 05-16-2011, 11:43 AM
HerrSavage

I rest my case..

Happy RC-ing everybody..
Old 05-16-2011, 12:48 PM
cummins driver

Regardless of anything, no one in this thread is asking for advice on an engine and even if i were looking I wouldnt be asking because i have enough info on all the good engines out there to make a decision myself anyways.

With that said, this truck is for FUN and FUN only. Im not gonna spend a fortune on it and it doesent have to be a bullet. The 427 will suit it just fine and it will be plenty fast enough for bashing around until i either decide to buy something else, or wear the engine out. I may do a little pulling with it, and even if i do, im going to run the 427 just to see how it does. The associated .28 im running now has been pretty consistantly beating an 8 port Novarossi .28 on the track so setup means more to me than how much $$ you can put into an engine. And man is it fun to beat a $300 engine with a $120 engine

Now, can we please keep this LST2 related guys?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.