Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Aftershock LE M26 HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 05:59 AM
averagechimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftershock LE M26 HELP!!!!

HELP!

I'm really frustrated with my Losi Aftershock LE. I have had problems with this truck since I opened the box. First I couldn't get the truck started for the life of me. The factory settings were so off that I had to return to the hobby shop to have it adjusted to get it to start. Setting it to factory was not helping.
I'm a relative newb, but I have a Kyosho DBX that I have no real problems with. I understand the basics of tuning and heat cycling.
Then the carb wouldnt slide and I had to head back to the hobby shop to take it apart and see that there was a bur on the slide. The truck came with the wrong linkage. The company sent me new linkage. Then the throttle brake servo went. Then the one way bearing went. I was careful not to give it more than two second bursts with my drill, and I did not think I was in hydro-lock at any point, but I guess I was. BTW the engine was heat cycled through ten tanks, and I put maybe 10 more through it, with all these problems.
Do I have a leg to stand on to have the dealer contact the manufacturer on my behalf, to maybe negotiate getting me a new engine?
Or should I look to find a new compatible engine that wont give me so much trouble?
At this point I have a new throttle servo (Hitec HS-645mg) with the linkage all screwed up and a truck that doesn't run. I am tired of going to the hobby shop and spending more and more money on a truck that I can't keep running.

I think the truck is awesome and I want to enjoy it but I feel like I should have gone with the HPI Savage. Maybe my next truck. But at this point I hve to get this one running. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:02 AM
ImpalaPolicePack

Default RE: Aftershock LE M26 HELP!!!!

factory settings are often too rich, and need to be leaned to run.

burr on the slide = too much pressure from the linkage/servo. adjust it properly
you should always check screws, needles, linkages before starting a new r/c.

wrong linkage ? got a pic ? lst2/xxl linkage is better but the raminator/aftershock/megabaja linkages work properly.

im running rtr servos on my trucks with good success, but i agree some rtr servos fail faster than others.
it should be warrantied since your truck is new.

owb ? it slipped or cracked ? if slipping, cleaning and better fuel/leaner should fix it.
cracked ? hydrolocked.
its not the time you hold the button that break things, its the force it has to turn over the motor when locked...

ask for a new engine ? why ? why would they give you a new engine if you f'ed this one by yourself... and i think the engine is fine, it just needed a owb and tunning skills.
engine swap ? almost all if not all big blocks will fit.

what of all those problems you had a savage would not have in your hands ?
i think thats the question...
Old 07-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Geofiveo

I have an LEwith the m26SSmotor as well. I did have some tuning problems but eventually got it and it's running fine with the original engine. I will atest to the fact that the stock linkage is crap! Everyone should replace it immediately. See if anything in this video helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax8D8rShjiI It's my review of the LE a few months ago. I'm going to do another soon when Iget my New Era Roll bar. Linkage is huge as the other poster stated. Make sure your linkage is adjust correctly and it will save a lot of headaches. My car was compressing to much on brakes, to the point that the engine would bog. Slight adjustment and no more issues. Another question is what kind of fuel are you running? A 20% or 30%? Ipersonally run Trinity Monster Horsepower 20%. Just my two cents.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:16 PM
averagechimp

<xml><o:OfficeDocumentSettings><o:AllowPNG /></o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><xml><w:WordDocument><w:View>Normal</w:View><w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><w:TrackMoves /><w:TrackFormatting /><w:PunctuationKerning /><w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /><w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid><w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent><w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText><woNotPromoteQF /><w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther><w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian><w:LidThemeComplexscript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexscript><w:Compatibility><w:BreakWrappedTables /><w:SnapToGridInCell /><w:WrapTextWithPunct /><w:UseAsianBreakRules /><wontGrowAutofit /><w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark /><w:EnableOpenTypeKerning /><wontFlipMirrorIndents /><w:OverrideTableStyleHps /></w:Compatibility><m:mathPr><m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math" /><m:brkBin m:val="before" /><m:brkBinSub m:val="--" /><m:smallFrac m:val="off" /><m:dispDef /><m:lMargin m:val="0" /><m:rMargin m:val="0" /><m:defJc m:val="centerGroup" /><m:wrapIndent m:val="1440" /><m:intLim m:val="subSup" /><m:naryLim m:val="undOvr" /></m:mathPr></w:WordDocument></xml><xml><w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true"DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99"LatentStyleCount="267"><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading" /></w:LatentStyles></xml><style> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin-top:0in;mso-para-margin-right:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;mso-para-margin-left:0in;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}</style>

Geo thanks for the reply. I appreciate the time. I liked the video. I now have the upgraded linkage and I have adjusted it to work with the new servo. I still cannot get the engine to stay running. I am trying to troubleshoot the problem one step at a time. I have adjusted the settings to factory and now I am attempting to eliminate one possibility at a time.

Impala you are right, why should they send me a new engine. I'm just frustrated, and that is the wrong way to look at it. I am the first one to admit when I f**K something up, and believe me I spend a lot on this hobby. I just feel like I followed all the instructions in the manual, read forums on line, and I still wound up with a headache. The reason I mention the Savage is because that is the truck I was originally set to buy, and I have heard that the HPI engines are less finicky.On the recommendation of the hobby shop I went with the Losi.
The reason I was mad about the OWB is because I have the drill torque set low that it slips if I get hydrolocked. Even the hobby shop thought the bearing went prematurely, and that the servo did as well. Losi is sending me a new servo.

I just want to enjoy the truck. But you have to admit there are a million opinions out there, including the advice that my hobby shop gave me. So being a newb is tough. I appreciate you taking the time to reply, I see you post alot and I do give your opinion credence, but being condescending doesn't help.

I hope to have this fixed and be up and running soon. Thanks again.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

The one way bearing/pull start setup on the aftershock is junk. I have been told that by several people. Supposedly, the roto start backplate(without the pull start) is a much better design, although if your OWB was slipping, then the design of the backplate wont fix that. If they had sent me a truck with a defective servo, the wrong linkage, and a burr on the carb slide, I wouldnt be happy either. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to deal with manufacturing problems/quality control issues, but it really shouldnt be like that.

Why wont the engine stay running? Is the idle gap set correctly? Will the engine stay running if you hold the throttle open some? Have you tried a different glow plug? Sometimes small things like this can make the difference. Let us know the specific problem you have with keeping the engine running and maybe we can help.

Im a savage man myself, but I have an LST2 as well and it is a nice truck too. You should be happy with the Aftershock after you get through the first few issues, so just stick with it and we will help the best we can
Old 07-16-2011, 11:52 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: averagechimp

<xml><o:OfficeDocumentSettings><o:AllowPNG /></o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><xml><w:WordDocument><w:View>Normal</w:View><w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><w:TrackMoves /><w:TrackFormatting /><w:PunctuationKerning /><w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /><w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid><w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent><w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText><woNotPromoteQF /><w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther><w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian><w:LidThemeComplexscript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexscript><w:Compatibility><w:BreakWrappedTables /><w:SnapToGridInCell /><w:WrapTextWithPunct /><w:UseAsianBreakRules /><wontGrowAutofit /><w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark /><w:EnableOpenTypeKerning /><wontFlipMirrorIndents /><w:OverrideTableStyleHps /></w:Compatibility><m:mathPr><m:mathFont m:val=''Cambria Math'' /><m:brkBin m:val=''before'' /><m:brkBinSub m:val='''' /><m:smallFrac m:val=''off'' /><m:dispDef /><m:lMargin m:val=''0'' /><m:rMargin m:val=''0'' /><m:defJc m:val=''centerGroup'' /><m:wrapIndent m:val=''1440'' /><m:intLim m:val=''subSup'' /><m:naryLim m:val=''undOvr'' /></m:mathPr></w:WordDocument></xml><xml><w:LatentStyles DefLockedState=''false'' DefUnhideWhenUsed=''true''DefSemiHidden=''true'' DefQFormat=''false'' DefPriority=''99''LatentStyleCount=''267''><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''0'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''Normal'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''9'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''heading 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''9'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''heading 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''9'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''heading 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''9'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''heading 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''9'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''heading 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''9'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''heading 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''9'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''heading 7'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''9'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''heading 8'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''9'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''heading 9'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''39'' Name=''toc 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''39'' Name=''toc 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''39'' Name=''toc 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''39'' Name=''toc 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''39'' Name=''toc 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''39'' Name=''toc 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''39'' Name=''toc 7'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''39'' Name=''toc 8'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''39'' Name=''toc 9'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''35'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''caption'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''10'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''Title'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''1'' Name=''Default Paragraph Font'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''11'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''Subtitle'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''22'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''Strong'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''20'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''Emphasis'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''59'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Table Grid'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Placeholder Text'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''1'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''No Spacing'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''60'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Shading'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''61'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light List'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''62'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Grid'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''63'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''64'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''65'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''66'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''67'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''68'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''69'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''70'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Dark List'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''71'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Shading'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''72'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful List'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''73'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Grid'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''60'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Shading Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''61'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light List Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''62'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Grid Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''63'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 1 Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''64'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 2 Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''65'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 1 Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Revision'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''34'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''List Paragraph'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''29'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''Quote'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''30'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''Intense Quote'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''66'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 2 Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''67'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 1 Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''68'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 2 Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''69'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 3 Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''70'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Dark List Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''71'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Shading Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''72'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful List Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''73'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Grid Accent 1'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''60'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Shading Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''61'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light List Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''62'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Grid Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''63'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 1 Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''64'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 2 Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''65'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 1 Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''66'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 2 Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''67'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 1 Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''68'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 2 Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''69'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 3 Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''70'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Dark List Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''71'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Shading Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''72'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful List Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''73'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Grid Accent 2'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''60'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Shading Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''61'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light List Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''62'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Grid Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''63'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 1 Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''64'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 2 Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''65'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 1 Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''66'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 2 Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''67'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 1 Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''68'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 2 Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''69'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 3 Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''70'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Dark List Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''71'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Shading Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''72'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful List Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''73'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Grid Accent 3'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''60'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Shading Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''61'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light List Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''62'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Grid Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''63'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 1 Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''64'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 2 Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''65'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 1 Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''66'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 2 Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''67'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 1 Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''68'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 2 Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''69'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 3 Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''70'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Dark List Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''71'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Shading Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''72'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful List Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''73'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Grid Accent 4'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''60'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Shading Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''61'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light List Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''62'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Grid Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''63'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 1 Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''64'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 2 Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''65'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 1 Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''66'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 2 Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''67'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 1 Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''68'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 2 Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''69'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 3 Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''70'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Dark List Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''71'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Shading Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''72'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful List Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''73'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Grid Accent 5'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''60'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Shading Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''61'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light List Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''62'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Light Grid Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''63'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 1 Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''64'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Shading 2 Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''65'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 1 Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''66'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium List 2 Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''67'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 1 Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''68'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 2 Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''69'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Medium Grid 3 Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''70'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Dark List Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''71'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Shading Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''72'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful List Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''73'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' Name=''Colorful Grid Accent 6'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''19'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''Subtle Emphasis'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''21'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''Intense Emphasis'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''31'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''Subtle Reference'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''32'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''Intense Reference'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''33'' SemiHidden=''false''UnhideWhenUsed=''false'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''Book Title'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''37'' Name=''Bibliography'' /><w:LsdException Locked=''false'' Priority=''39'' QFormat=''true'' Name=''TOC Heading'' /></w:LatentStyles></xml><style> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:''Table Normal'';mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-parent:'''';mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin-top:0in;mso-para-margin-right:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;mso-para-margin-left:0in;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:''Calibri'',''sans-serif'';mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:''Times New Roman'';mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}</style>

Geo thanks for the reply. I appreciate the time. I liked the video. I now have the upgraded linkage and I have adjusted it to work with the new servo. I still cannot get the engine to stay running. I am trying to troubleshoot the problem one step at a time. I have adjusted the settings to factory and now I am attempting to eliminate one possibility at a time.

Impala you are right, why should they send me a new engine. I'm just frustrated, and that is the wrong way to look at it. I am the first one to admit when I f**K something up, and believe me I spend a lot on this hobby. I just feel like I followed all the instructions in the manual, read forums on line, and I still wound up with a headache. The reason I mention the Savage is because that is the truck I was originally set to buy, and I have heard that the HPI engines are less finicky. On the recommendation of the hobby shop I went with the Losi.
The reason I was mad about the OWB is because I have the drill torque set low that it slips if I get hydrolocked. Even the hobby shop thought the bearing went prematurely, and that the servo did as well. Losi is sending me a new servo.

I just want to enjoy the truck. But you have to admit there are a million opinions out there, including the advice that my hobby shop gave me. So being a newb is tough. I appreciate you taking the time to reply, I see you post alot and I do give your opinion credence, but being condescending doesn't help.

I hope to have this fixed and be up and running soon. Thanks again.

If the engine will not idle and wants to quit, try leaving the glow driver on it. If it stays running then, but quits when you pull the ignitor, your idle mixture is a bit too rich. I'd suggest leaning your low speed mixture just a touch and see if it runs any better. You want it rich enough that it spools up kinda slow but not to the point it barely moves.