Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Losi XXL hitec servo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Vinno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi XXL hitec servo upgrade

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting two 7955tg hitec servo's for the steering.

Im just wondering if any of yous had experience with fitting hitecs servos in and what extra horns and pieces I need to replace the stock XXL steering servos with hitecs??

Do the hitecs fit in or will I need to cut out bit more space?

Might move the stock XXL steering servos to the the throttle an forward reverse if that's a good idea.

Thanks all.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:14 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Losi XXL hitec servo upgrade

You can find the answer to this here if you search. 2DMAXX or whatever his name was had Hitecs in his race LST2's... I think you just need MGT servo-horns or something, and yeah, maybe to dremel a bit to get them in..
Old 11-05-2011, 05:10 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: Losi XXL hitec servo upgrade

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

You can find the answer to this here if you search. 2DMAXX or whatever his name was had Hitecs in his race LST2's... I think you just need MGT servo-horns or something, and yeah, maybe to dremel a bit to get them in..
You don't need MGT servo horns to fit Hitec servos in an LST. I have Hitec 645MG's in my .28 LST2 and I found out the Servo saver & mount set comes with different servo horn parts to use with 2 or 3 different size servos. The part number is LOSB4250. I had to file the steering bellcranks a little to clear the larger cased Hitecs, and the losi servo saver set worked great. Watch out though, these servos have a longer throw than the stock ones so you may need to adjust your EPA or Servo travel for your steering so the servo doesnt bottom the steering out. The 645's are a plenty strong enough to turn the tires lock to lock at a dead stop on asphalt or grass. When my Rx pack is freshly charged, the steering is lightning fast. (6.6-7.1v was peak voltage last time it charged. MaxAmps 1600mAh NiMH 5-cell flat packs are what I use and I love 'em)