Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Aftershock one way bearing issue?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Breakstuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftershock one way bearing issue?

Stumped. Guy that comes into the shop regularly has 3 aftershocks. I am the only one who works on them since he got them from us. He brought one in a week ago and the one way bearing was slipping. No big deal. I have the Losi replacement, and the Dynamite replacement on the shelf. Pulled off the Dynamite one, opened the motor (Mach .26), put the new bearing in. Went to put the backplate back on and was like (hugh)... It was going on tight.So i pulled the one way out and looked at it compared to the one i pulled out that is bad. The new one way bearing is a little bit thicker making the backplate not fit tight without locking the motor up. I grabbed the losi one off the shelf, and same thing.

Any ideas why the new bearings are thicker, and has anyone else run into this. I am waiting on a reply from a Losi tech. I did notice on their website now when you look up the Aftershock.The Mach .26 is showing a blue head on it instead of the black. So the motor is different now?. Just ordered a new Limited Edition one and sold it at x-mas. It had the black head on it. Makes me wonder if they kept the part numbers the exact same, but the parts are different. I even ordered a new backplate to see if it would work with the thicker bearings with no luck...

So again. Stumped..... Any ideas out there?? Thanks for any feedback

Paul
Old 01-16-2012, 07:08 PM
iexion

Default RE: Aftershock one way bearing issue?

losi changed the back plates from mach 26ss to the "newer version" mach. simply put the pull start is the real issue. if you have the pull start that is the spin/pull start you will need to change out that entire back plate and all the parts from the back of the engine out. even tho they still mack the same "mach 26" the back plates are different from the first aftershock to the more recent version along with the raminator. dont think the baja version had the spin pull start. hope this helps.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:15 PM
iexion

also as for owb (1 way bearings) you do need to clean those out every once in a while. honestly when i had my truck i never needed a replacement. just took it out and used some wd40 to get all the crap out (they do make rc owb cleaner but i dont know who still does). the tranny also uses a owb and that needs cleaning every now and then.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:46 AM
Breakstuff

I dont even have the pullstart on there yet. Just putting the backplate on, it fits too tight to the engine. Locks the motor up. The one way is clearly thicker side by side then the one that came out. Both the Losi part, and the Dynamite part are thicker. Still waiting on Losi to get back to me. They are looking into it.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:21 AM
iexion

I mean even the back plates are different. before you even get to the pull start
Old 01-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Breakstuff

I have ordered the new backplate also. Same issue. Still cant figure it out. No reply yet form Horizon hobby guy. Customer gave up, as did i. We went ahead and did an electric conversion on it.  Much nicer now..