Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Aftershock wheel nust????

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:41 PM
huey267

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftershock wheel nust????

Im a new owner of a Losi Aftershock...I do have previous experience with T-maxxs but my question is what is going on with the silver and black axles and the silver and black wheel nuts. Is there a difference besides just the color..Im a little confused. Thanks for your help in advance....
Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 AM
Muskokarc

Default RE: Aftershock wheel nust????

Yes huey267 there is a difference between the two colours.  One side is revers thread.  This helps keep the nuts from spinning off while running.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:01 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: Muskokarc

Yes huey267 there is a difference between the two colours. One side is revers thread. This helps keep the nuts from spinning off while running.
Mukokarc hit it on the head. I'll only add this: use blue locktite on your wheel nuts even if they have nylon inserts. I had one of the left-hand wheel nuts fall off my aftershock and had a tire go halfway across the soccer field. The only bad part is the hardware store will stock right-hand nuts easily but left-hand ones I had to go to the LHS for which is way out of the way..

If you upgrade the axles/suspension with the LST2 conversion kit, all 4 wheel hexes will be standard right-hand threads.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:25 PM
huey267

Thanks everyone! This is my first Losi MT and I find this really crazy...ive never owned a rc that had two different wheel nuts and axles to go with it....Ive never had one fall off my past Mts and they all were regular...lol wow ok ..
Old 02-09-2012, 07:59 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: huey267

Thanks everyone! This is my first Losi MT and I find this really crazy...ive never owned a rc that had two different wheel nuts and axles to go with it....Ive never had one fall off my past Mts and they all were regular...lol wow ok ..
Its not as common on RC models, but you'd be really surprised how many commercial trucks (Semi's and dock trucks alike) have reversed wheel lug nuts. Around here, I see several trucks with little plastic arrow dealies that get placed behind the lugnuts to signify which direction they tighten.

I converted my first Aftershock (my first Losi MT as well) with the LST performance kit which alleviated the LH and RH wheel nuts.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:21 PM
huey267

Wow...thanks for the info..did not know it was used on commercial vehicles....What do I know ..Im just an old Marine helicopter mech ...lol...dont think Hueys or Cobras use left handed threads...lol...Thanks sooo much everyday I learn something...
Old 02-11-2012, 07:34 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: huey267

Wow...thanks for the info..did not know it was used on commercial vehicles....What do I know ..Im just an old Marine helicopter mech ...lol...dont think Hueys or Cobras use left handed threads...lol...Thanks sooo much everyday I learn something...
Always willing to help/share.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:16 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

Its not as common on RC models, but you'd be really surprised how many commercial trucks (Semi's and dock trucks alike) have reversed wheel lug nuts. Around here, I see several trucks with little plastic arrow dealies that get placed behind the lugnuts to signify which direction they tighten.

worked for a couple years doing tire service for car/truck, semi, heavy equipment and worked with all kinds of wheels but i dont remember seeing reverse thread nut.

and the plastic arrows are there to let the driver know if a nut is loosening by itself.