Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

new steering servos

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 03:33 AM
thef@st1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new steering servos

just looking for a couple high torque servos that are a direct fit for the lst2. thanks again guys.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:34 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: new steering servos

How much you want to spend?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:55 AM
Geofiveo

The Hitec 645MG were a direct drop in on the HD Chassis. I do know that there are two different chassis servo cut out sizes so you have to make sure what you're going to be putting in. I didn't pay the price on the sticker. If you're on eBay check gonitrohobbies, they have good prices on Hitec servos.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:05 AM
thef@st1

probably around 40 45, not really looking for high end stuff just bashing around. will look on ebay at that store. thanks for fast replies guys.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In that range, the 645 is ideal.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:13 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I use Hitec HS645MG servos in my lst2's. They barely fit but work well. You'll need the servo mount kit which comes with the servo horns that fit the hitec servos.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:06 PM
thef@st1

the servo mount kit, is it from losi or hitec.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:17 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought you needed MGT servo horn adapters or whatever to run Hitec servos.... ??

Back in the day the LST2 came with JR/Spektrum Z590's, and people would upgrade to JR 650's.. Which most people seemed to like. And now those servos are stock in the XXL. Which is why I just buy stock XXL servos and drop them in.. The same servo is the stock steering servo in the RTR Losi buggy and truggy I believe.. Been a while since I bought some, but I think you can get them for $25 or so each...

Changing steering servos in a Losi MT is a royal PIA....
Old 02-11-2012, 05:30 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: thef@st1

the servo mount kit, is it from losi or hitec.
Sorry, its from Losi. LOSB4250 is the part number.

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I thought you needed MGT servo horn adapters or whatever to run Hitec servos.... ??

Back in the day the LST2 came with JR/Spektrum Z590's, and people would upgrade to JR 650's.. Which most people seemed to like. And now those servos are stock in the XXL. Which is why I just buy stock XXL servos and drop them in.. The same servo is the stock steering servo in the RTR Losi buggy and truggy I believe.. Been a while since I bought some, but I think you can get them for $25 or so each...

Changing steering servos in a Losi MT is a royal PIA....
They fit with some every so slight modifications. Yeah, you have to pull the whole front end apart to do this, but its worth it IMO. Some chassis plates have snug servo openings to fit the 645's, so some adjustments with a dremel might be needed (dull tooling from stamping I'd guess). Mine fit the chassis, but one of the bellcranks would hit the top of the servo. I just shaved a little material off the bellcrank and it cleared fine then. I didnt need to take much off to do it, either. If you dont modify the servo openings in the chassis plate (like me), you will probably have to take the top of the servo case off and install it in the truck in two pieces, dropping the "bottom" of the servo into the servo opening and putting the top of the servo case back on the servo. IOW, its not a perfect drop in, but to me its pretty minor. They would drop right in if the servo openings were a little bigger.

I looked at JR 650's before I bought my first set of Hitecs, but my LHS sold them for the same price ($50 ea!) and said the 650 is an outdated servo and I think the 645 puts out a little more torque anyway. I think they're fantastic and a perfect match in an LST2.