Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Which one is better to convert

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 AM
trueimport
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Which one is better to convert

Plain and simple I want to hear your opinions on what's a better platform for electric conversions. Either the LST or the Muggy.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:58 AM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which one is better to convert

I would say Losi Muggy,
Most all parts are interchangeable, including the shock towers to give it the stanced look of an lst.
It has the Center diff, This is my first truggy that i converted all others were e-revo's, savages, and everything of the like.
I absolutely love the center diff, I dont race, you can lock the diff if you dont like it or leave it
its steer's better than any other truck that i have had,

Some may argue that the platform is not as good, as it tends to bend for some people, Not all...

Miy chassis is pretty hacked up from the previous idiot.
is also brace with aluminum angle most people dont have a problem once braced.

You can also buy a brushless chassis through Innovative.
[link=http://www.innovative-rc.com/emuggy-chassis-p-603.html] E-muggy chassis[/link]

My reasons for Muggy conversion.
1 Cheap to convert.
2 Accepts most all lst parts including shock towers and diffs.
3 Better layout in my opinion
provides for a very clean factory looking conversion.
4 center diff, leaves the option to leave as a diff or lock if you want transmission style performance.
5 Steers better.
6 Extremely easy to work on, easier than the Lst
I am probably missing a few but this will give you an idea...

Here is a link to my build,
[link=http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30842]4092- E-muggy[/link]

I chose RC-monster as there have been most helpful and informative in conversions.

Vid to my maiden voyage.
[link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOd50U22hIk]E-muggy Maiden voyage.[/link]

if you have any questions please let me know
Old 04-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Muggy gets my vote. The Center Diff itself is a nice option to have, but because of it the layout of everything is much cleaner than the LST. The Muggy can also be raised up to have almost the same ground clearance as a LST but with a lower CG at the same time. I'm a Monster Truck fan and I'm currently revamping my eLST, but I love truggy's and sometimes wish I still had my Muggy.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:37 AM
trueimport
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was torn because i own both bur have yet to complete the stock build on the muggy and have gone through countless hours of friendly racing and bashing with next to zero problems. I absolutely hands down LOVE the lst platform. I really like the muggy for it's simplicity yet utilizes tried and true parts from the lst. I think I'll go ahead and convert the muggy.

Devious1 - I like your build and in the video it looks like she halls balls but you never really give us a good look at she in a wide open sprint. Post up some more videos please.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:59 PM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: trueimport

I was torn because i own both bur have yet to complete the stock build on the muggy and have gone through countless hours of friendly racing and bashing with next to zero problems. I absolutely hands down LOVE the lst platform. I really like the muggy for it's simplicity yet utilizes tried and true parts from the lst. I think I'll go ahead and convert the muggy.

Devious1 - I like your build and in the video it looks like she halls balls but you never really give us a good look at she in a wide open sprint. Post up some more videos please.
Thank you...

Nope i havent had a chance for a flat out run as i keep ungluing tires, [:@] (that will change shortly as i can reglue them myself with some Gorilla.)
another problem that i have is the motor gets a bit warm for my liking with my current gearing.
I am running a leo 2000kv system in it and after about 15 min continuous street running and a little grass i seen a 180* temp show up so i had to shut down.
this was on my most recent gear change running a 17t pinion and factory Mugg spur.
It has enough low end torque on 50% punch to sidestep on throttle.

I want to run my brother-in laws 5b before i change my gearing as he is hovering around 45/50mph...
just have to learn to keep the front end down by then.
My next step will be a 16t as thats my lowest pinion i have.[]

I dont know if i want to go any lower in gearing
as i plan on dumping the current motor in place of a new one, and hope to be able to run one of my current pinions.

You guys may be in luck with a vid, If it doesn't rain this weekend my wife agreed to take a vid of my current setup this weekend.
I should be able to get a flat out run...

Just pay attention to my thread for more info later...
will be posting my current setup info shortly as well...