Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

New LST

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Atomic LST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LST

I all, I am new here. I purchased a new LST last Monday, serial number 12,035.....no washer. Just finished running three tanks of home brew nitro, 20 percent nitro at 25 percent oil . I have not had any issues as of yet.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:42 PM
ICrashThings

Default RE: New LST

You will. You will slowly start losing fuel. Then you will have none! Then uh oh! another ~25-30 bucks down the drain!!! [&:]

j/k have fun.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Atomic LST

Well ran seven tanks total, then it happend...bang. Throttle-brake servo took a dump. Checked the transmitter settings and it was all good. Thank god I never throw anything away. I have a few servos around so I can fix it without it being a problem! [>:]
Old 04-03-2005, 04:01 PM
mtdriver

Send the servo back for a replacement

Mine also went after 8 tanks through it

may have been a bad batch

but losi replaced it promptly for me or should I say Helgar Racing via my local hs
Old 04-03-2005, 05:26 PM
LST-UK

My throttle servo gave up on me for no reason......[] send it in
Old 04-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Rockman

25% oil content??
Did you mean it when you said 25% oil content. That sounds like it would be to much for motor to handle. Get some White Lightning and make wheelies.
Rockman
Old 04-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Atomic LST

I have always added oil to my nitro. I startred to do that after I bought my 1st gallon of Blue Burner. I only will purchase nitro that states the amount of oil it has in it...if it is less that 16 percent, it gets oil added. Al I can say is, I have yet to blow a motor. Two times I striped my gear with my old Savage, the clutch sliped and it melted the gear. I was like what the hell, I gave the Nitro Star .25 full throttle to blow up the engine...scary sounds like a swarm of bees..it reved out and stoped running.....but would always start back up. I do it to prevent over reaving the engine. I assume the weight of the oil can do this. As far as it not lighting up the tires....it will still pull a wheelie. I am just not into replacing motors often. Top end really does not matter to me. I have the Menace 21, if I want killer speed then I use it. My LST is going to be my show off 600.00 pimp ride. Either way messing around with fuel is fun to me...thats what the hobby is about!!!
Old 04-03-2005, 09:52 PM
MrWills

You got that right Atomic !!!

ORIGINAL: Atomic LST

Either way messing around with fuel is fun to me...thats what the hobby is about!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 01:38 PM
YanBooth

Heh, messing around with fuel fun? Providing you use the shart nitro you have as an explosive to light your field on fire, (parents, and fire dept. where PISSED, lol). Teens get up to some stupid stuff when bored, huh? I wanted to blow up my trainer plane mid air, but the electronic equipment was too expensive to allow that...
Never added oil however...

Yan