Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Losi White Lst Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 03:24 PM
jjaus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi White Lst Springs?

Has anyone out there in lst land tried the lst white springs at the track or for crawling?
i'm thinking of setting up my truck nice and soft for the track and was wondering how they would go.[]
Cheers John
Old 12-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Losi White Lst Springs?

The light weight may soak up too much and bottom on even small jumps (And would contribute to excessive leaning in corners - without the sway bars). I was having mild bottoming issues with the stock weight springs and 35wt oil. Personally, I would rather run a slightly lighter oil and a heavier spring rather than vice/versa. If for no other reason, than it at least makes for less stress on the shock internals.

Now for crawling, those light springs and light oil may work perfect...In that scenario articulation is king. For racing, control and traction are the most important.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:27 AM
jjaus

Default RE: Losi White Lst Springs?

Thanks nitro,
I actually had a bad experiance at the track when i tightened the suspension right up, so i suppose iam trying to go to far the other way. i have actually ordered the white springs but i might just keep them for something else. i have now put stock springs on, thin sway bars (back slightly stiffened up), 35 weight oil in back and 45 up front (my mate and i played around on Grand turismo 4 on ps2 and have set it up (sort of ) to that). i suppose the next step is to got to the track and tune it there. So how do you go against the opposition e.g. Revo's Tnx's Etc. wish i could drive a little better, oh well only practice will cure that.
Cheers John