Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Mach 26 Temp...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 04:38 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mach 26 Temp...

So, my neighbor 3 houses down just got an LST... He needs help tuning it... so I offered (since I have had quite a bit of experience tuning)... what is a good temp to be running it at? I don't tune my Revo by temp anymore... I tune by feel and performance... When I did tune by temp, I liked to run my Revo right around 260... what's a good temp for the Mach 26?
Old 01-09-2006, 04:57 PM
jjaus

Default RE: Mach 26 Temp...

You probably, in fact would have more experiance than myself at tuning but anyway here goes,
From day one i have tuned my mach by temp (being new it was the safest way for me)
At temps of 240 and under it starts to lack power, i run at between 250 and 265 depending on the ambient air temp (gets hot here) and the mach really puts out good power. I have found that when i tune doing wide open throttle runs at the park i have to richen it up quite a bit to keep the temps down (this sort of running puts a lot of stress on these engines) and the when i take it to the track it needs to be leaned out as the motor vary rarely stays at full noise for long periods.
This is my opinion only and no doubt other people have different ideas as to there perfect state of tune.
cheers john
Old 01-09-2006, 05:26 PM
RenegadeRevo

That was kinda what I was looking for... so, if I run it in the 240-260 range... should be good? If I tune mine wrong... it's my money... I don't want to screw up his brand new LST... LOL
Old 01-09-2006, 05:38 PM
jjaus

I think those temps will be fine, i can actually here and feel a difference when the temp is a bit low say 230 (low for mine). I run a venom temp sensor (Did, it died) and it can be set in either celcius or farenheight and unbeknowing to me i had it in celcius once and i was trying to get the damn temps up (thinking it was farenheight)and i was leaning and leaning and when i noticed it was on the wrong setting i changed it back to find my temp had been running at 310F (tad bit hot/lean i think) anyway it survived and is still running strong (but i now use a temp gun)
Cheers john
Old 01-09-2006, 06:18 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

The record temp for one of my engines was a whooping 376 degree! that was a sportwerks 26, which is almost identical to the mach
Old 01-09-2006, 07:31 PM
jjaus

wow, i thought 310 was high, its amazing what they will put up with.
Although theres probably a lot of ware going on at those temps
john
Old 01-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Revo, the Mach typically likes to run cooler. In 70's-80's you should look for temps to top out in the 230 range. The highest that I have had mine is 255 or so. Temps in the summer ranged from 215-235 for the most part.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:14 PM
RenegadeRevo

Well, his temps were in the 217 range... and he wasn't hitting second gear... and LSN is quite rich... he bogs quite a bit off the line.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:27 PM
bentgear

If its still new and breaking in lean the low speed needle a bit till it starts getting crisp and it should start catching second. I try not to go over 210 to 220 for the first 5 tanks or so only pulling full throttle for short bursts. During a normal heat race mine will run 220 to 250 depending on how hard I have to pull the trigger.

Ed M.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:34 PM
RenegadeRevo

He already has run at least 7 break-in tanks... and 3 or 4 that I witnessed... it's seeming a little more peppy... but, still not where it should be... but, I haven't really tuned it for him... I decided to take out my Revo and tune it... while he was running... He started to second guess his choice after seeing my TM323-powered Revo... but I reassured him the LST is a great truck.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:47 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've been running mine(mach427) pretty hard on the track and temp's are about 247 after a hard run. that's with the lsn still stock(pretty rich).

hey mayhem a guy at our track i think has the record for temp's get ready for this (503) yes i said 503 and the motor was still running!!!. we said no way!!. he shut it down and we went over to check and it was still like 460 we couldn't beleive it. he let it cool and the thing fired right up (i can't remember what motor it was but i'll ask him this weekend) we now call him 503 that's his screen name on our thread(charlottesville racers) in regional racers trhead.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:48 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

I'll try to beat that.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:10 PM
2DMaxLST!!

When that Mach starts hitting 240 in your LST, I mean your neighbors will give that Revo all it can handle.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:31 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

When that Mach starts hitting 240 in your LST, I mean your neighbors will give that Revo all it can handle.
LOL... I'll admit it when I get one... 'cause they're freaking cool... I was sitting in my house... and I heard a Nitro R/C outside... I thought to myself... "I swear, I'm the only one with a Nitro R/C on my street" sure enough... I saw a naked LST running down the street... so I went to talk to him (his wife is friends with my wife... and we had our kids 5 days apart)... and he had the LST.... of course, 2DMax, I've re-geared my Revo... and your LST couldn't handle it (straight line)... it's now a LOT faster... LOL... I put it back to semi-stock gearing... (stock clutchbell, 2t smaller spur) Now, my top speed has probably dropped to about 45 or so... but I get there QUICK. Anyways, so... we're talkin around 240-250 range for good runnin'?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:36 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I would say that 240 would be ideal using just the HSN and 5 sec wide open runs then lean a bit on the low side till you can let it idle for ~5-10 seconds and then take off without hesitation. The gearing on mine had my topspeed at only 24mph when I can put there to visit.

Edit: It doesn't have to be exactly 240 of course as long as it is clearing good on the topside and you have good smoke. I've had Mach's that liked 220 and others that liked 250. Just start with the HSN before going to the LSN.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:05 PM
RenegadeRevo

right... just wanted a baseline to work with....

Edit:

P.S. So, your LST was setup for accelleration... and mine was setup for top speed... but you couldn't beat me in a short 0-75' race. [8D] Now, I'm setup more for accelleration... so I would be accellerating MUCH faster.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:05 AM
SublimeJason
Banned

My Mach Always runs around 220 to 240, I use 30% Nitro ( Sidewinder Pro Race)and OS#8 plugs
Old 01-10-2006, 12:50 AM
RenegadeRevo

OH... one more thing... when he brakes, the truck clicks... is that normal or is there something wrong? My Revo has never clicked (except for when I blew my diff) so... I am wondering... is that the slipper or something? Seemed quite odd to me.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:53 AM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

Edit:

P.S. So, your LST was setup for accelleration... and mine was setup for top speed... but you couldn't beat me in a short 0-75' race. [8D] Now, I'm setup more for accelleration... so I would be accellerating MUCH faster.
If it is clicking and he still has the plastic diff covers, I would install the LOSI alum covers.

You should not hang you hat on beating a stock engine in a LST when you have a RB 323 in a Revo, stock for stock the LST kills all. If you think about it I was ahead of you, hit my top speed, then began to stop while you plowed by and into the dumpster breaking several parts. Do you remember that??
Old 01-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

You should not hang you hat on beating a stock engine in a LST when you have a RB 323 in a Revo, stock for stock the LST kills all. If you think about it I was ahead of you, hit my top speed, then began to stop while you plowed by and into the dumpster breaking several parts. Do you remember that??
LMAO Guys! Speed is nothing without control!
Old 01-10-2006, 02:48 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

Edit:

If it is clicking and he still has the plastic diff covers, I would install the LOSI alum covers.

LOL... very much so.... that's the most parts I've ever broken in one sitting... it was my fault for going farther than I should have... but there was sand in the parking lot... and my truck went into a spin... LOL...

Think about it, though.... you were setup for accelleration... I was setup for top speed... (so that I could half-way control it on the track).... if I were setup for accelleration... there would have been NO contest whatsoever... and... although you have a "stock" Mach 26 on it... it's still comparing a .26 powered truck to a .23 powered truck... LOL... I've been wanting to put my 2.5r back in... just for kicks and giggles... but... last time my friend took it out, he said that it was fried. and I don't have the right gearing to make the 2.5r really perform (I've re-geared for the torque of the TM323)

Anyways, to the topic at hand - I'm sure he still has the plastic diff covers... it's BONE stock... I told him to get RPM A-arms, aluminum diff covers, and the cover plate for the transmission, right?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:12 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Yes, those alum diff covers are a must. I would get RPM a-arms and a RPM gear cover but the alum diff covers first.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:15 PM
RenegadeRevo

Yes, those alum diff covers are a must. I would get RPM a-arms and a RPM gear cover but the alum diff covers first.
Cool... I'll let him know... I don't think he'll be back out until Thursday... but... I'll let him know then...
Old 01-10-2006, 03:24 PM
2DMaxLST!!

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/Test_Tune_SF_32.wmv]Video: My racer has some pretty decent acceleration now a days!! [/link]
Old 01-10-2006, 03:31 PM
RenegadeRevo

That's nice... What engine is that? Is that the OS .30?

[link=http://www.renegaderevo.com/Videos/race.wmv]Video: Mine has always been pretty quick... LOL[/link]

(Same gearing/setup as when I raced you)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.