Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Novarossi 528XSP fusion vs. rex?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 10:10 AM
mikewoodkozar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novarossi 528XSP fusion vs. rex?

is there any difference between the REX version and the fusion motorsports version? I mean the heads are different colors, and the REX version is about $70.00 cheaper, so what gives? Is there any real difference?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:30 PM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Novarossi 528XSP fusion vs. rex?

Got a link to the fusion.
I've seen Novarossi, top, and rex. but not this one.
thanks
Old 03-17-2006, 06:43 PM
RCtruckRacer

OK, I get it now. Fusion Motorsports is a distributor for the Top line of NR motors. The answer to your question is unfortunately a bit vague. According to Novarossi, the Rex, Top and Novarossi engines do have some slight differences. One might have an epoxy filled crankshaft, another might have a piston made out of a slightly different material... but the design on all 3 528's is the exact same. Another member, that is from Italy, explained that the companies over there are only allowed to market a certain number of stock, so having 3 different models allows them to sell 3 times as much. That seems strange to me, but then again I don't live in Italy!

My information comes from Plecofish (an RCU member) and a phone call I placed to Novarossi back in October. As far as any difference in performance, your guess is as good as mine. If what they were telling me is true, there may be slight differences in performance. It would be nice to have all 3 dyno'd on the same machine.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:39 AM
mikewoodkozar

Gosh, that is retarded! I wish that there was a solid answer out there (but thanks for the try!).