Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Aftershock...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 09:59 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftershock...

So, I've been so focused on the LST2... and my procurement of one... that I've totally skipped out on the Aftershock. Are there major differences between the Aftershock and the LST2? I'm getting some extra money in the next month or two... I'm finding it really hard to justify the cost of the LST2... let's face it... spending $600 on a R/C truck is a rather large pill to swallow... so, my question is... is the Aftershock as good as the LST2? It would be much easier to get $350 approved by the wifey than $600... [X(]
Old 05-28-2007, 10:04 PM
kody06

Default RE: Aftershock...

buy the lst2 its worth the extra money the aftershoch is basically a orignal lst
Old 05-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Sugafree

IMO the LST2 Drivetrain Parts are Well worth the Extra Money alone......Then there the are 2speed Gears/Radio/Tranny/Engine/Pipe.....Belive me You'll Spend More Up-Grading an Aftershock than what it Cost to just get the LST2.......

Heres a few Pics from 2D,

Right is LST2,left is Aftershock

Left is LST2, right is Aftershock

Aftershock LST CVD vs LST2...

LST2 CVD pins are captured by this large bearing.

LST2 axles are 8mm like a 1/8 scale buggy..

LST1/Aftershock hex pin compared to LST2

LST1/Aftershock rear carrier compared to LST2

LST1/Aftershock axles compared...

Rear wheel of my LST2 after it was ran over by a 1:1 Tacoma..

Replaced Tires and wheels and completed a full race program when I got home I checked it out further (night racing or I would have noticed this)

It filed the rear carrier down on the pavement when the wheel was crush, no LST parts failed...
Old 05-28-2007, 10:26 PM
madmaxx81

IMO, the aftershock is a good truck for the price. I have one, the last couple weeks I have been beating the crap out of this thing. I only broke two a-arms (trying front flips) and one siderail (run away truck wide open into a wall) I been jumping it 10-15 feet in the air flat landing it no prob. Been jumping on the garge roof and dropping off (will get pics of that soon) It just needs a new pipe. But yes the lst2 is a better truck for sure.
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52664.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	693380   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46740.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	693381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19613.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	693382  
Old 05-28-2007, 11:20 PM
madmaxx81

$328 here
http://nitrocountryrc.com/aftershock...8dc1c887407e65
Old 05-29-2007, 03:58 AM
iexion

Is there a website to tells you what parts to make the aftershock arms like the LST2

Like a conversion?

Or does anyone know the part numbers?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:42 AM
NitroDemon18

The Aftershock is defanitly a good truck for the money. I love mine.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:22 PM
madmaxx81

http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/t...014-detail.htm
Old 05-29-2007, 07:50 PM
benzzyo5

me too i love my aftershock.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:12 PM
madmaxx81

^^^^^nice springs^^^^^^^

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48045.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	693942  
Old 05-29-2007, 09:48 PM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: RenegadeRevo

So, I've been so focused on the LST2... and my procurement of one... that I've totally skipped out on the Aftershock. Are there major differences between the Aftershock and the LST2? I'm getting some extra money in the next month or two... I'm finding it really hard to justify the cost of the LST2... let's face it... spending $600 on a R/C truck is a rather large pill to swallow... so, my question is... is the Aftershock as good as the LST2? It would be much easier to get $350 approved by the wifey than $600... [X(]
welcome back renegaderevo! I remebr you from a while back.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:30 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: RevoVega28

ORIGINAL: RenegadeRevo

welcome back renegaderevo! I remebr you from a while back.
LOL... thanks... life has been happening... got bored with the same arguments day in and day out here... finally getting back in the "flow" of things... and I want to get another truck... but... I don't know if I can justify spending the cash...
Old 05-29-2007, 11:33 PM
RenegadeRevo

BTW - I noticed that the Aftershock is equipped for the "optional" spin start... what is the non-optional starting method? Does it come with a pull? I don't really mind pull start anymore... I converted. (only out of necessity)
Old 05-30-2007, 12:16 AM
blkbrd79

It comes with the pull-start.
Aftershock is tough as nails! I beat the crap out of mine(10-15 feet jumps) and I only broke an a-arm and a tie-rod.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

ORIGINAL: benzzyo5

me too i love my aftershock.

One thing I've notice, You use the rpm 2 speed cover, I used that before but decide to
use the original from lst2, as lots of silk dusk still can go in the 2 speed trainy and short life the gear. The gear stay only for about 2 tank in that cover, but after replacing that its stay more than a galon or two.
Also the 2 speed of the lst are better than the aftershock, as the 1st gear of the aftershock is whole assembly together with the one way bearing, if you want to upgrade gears you need to replace the whole enchelada, not like the lst or lst2, as i have both of them, a friend of mine have the aftershock and he decide to change his to lst type so that he could do the upgrade. And if you stripe the gear you don't need to change the whole 1st gear, just change the gear it self.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:38 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I've been using the RPM gear cover since it was first released. I run High HP engines on high silica content RC tracks. I get ~4&6 gallons on stock spurs using TiNi pinions(I don't know how long these last because I have never wore a set out). If you get 2 gallons or less you really need to inspect/replace your engine to chassis brace and/or correct the mesh.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:46 PM
2DMaxLST!!

If occurs to me that maybe I get such long life because I have all LOSI HP plates making for a much stiffer chassis but 1 gallon on the stock spurs and I still say you have a cracked engine to chassis brace and/or bad meshing skills... I never strips spurs ever, most people would continue going with units I replace.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:55 PM
RenegadeRevo

So, it comes with a pull... hmmm... I'm going to have to discuss it with the boss (wifey) ... I think an aftershock may be my best bet right now... if I can only convince my wife it's a good thing... [X(]
Old 05-30-2007, 11:36 PM
ExtremeNitro

The LST2 is a boat anchor, unless you’re trying to jump the truck over your garage the Aftershock is a more realistic truck for the money!

P.S: Once you break the pull start rope and are forced to install the spin start you will never go back!
Old 05-31-2007, 02:56 AM
!burnz

She's tough. I blipped the throttle a little too hard at the top of a 30ft bank and sent it doing about 8 'endos', down the bank until it reached the gravel parking lot where it did a couple more and landed on its tires, still running. The only damage was to the body of course. The only time I broke an suspension part was when the right front tire smacked a tree.

If you don't mind reading the exploded drawing you can figure out the differences between the AF and LST2.
page 20 and 21 of the AF manual and page 7 and 8 of the LST2 parts explosion for the suspension differences. You can get the spin start cheap off of ebay.
AF
http://www.teamlosi.com/ProdInfo/Fil...hock_final.pdf

LST 2 Monster Truck RTR w/XS3 Parts Explosion
http://www.teamlosi.com/ProdInfo/Fil...osion_LST2.pdf

Hope the links work. The AF has the LST's suspension, doesn't have the HI/LOW/Reverse that many racer's take off anyway, and it has the upgraded alum diffs that the LST2 has. Its a better truck than the LST. I love mine.

-----------------
Chris
Old 05-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Chronic

You could always go with the LST2 upgrade kit a little later on. The Aftershock package certainly has it's advantages when a budget is involved, and you can spread out the cost a little more, but you come out ahead just biting the bullet and getting the LST2 to start with.

The $350 Aftershock + $140 upgrade kit + $45 for 40 series tires = $535 and you will have a LST2 minus the FM radio and Mach 427 engine... So, the $580 for the LST2 isn't that bad when you think about it.

Also, didn't I read on here one time that you were still using the stock Traxxas radio for your Revo? Well, if you get the LST2 you can always just buy an extra RX for the Revo and use the muuuuuch better JR XS3 for both trucks.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:28 PM
RenegadeRevo

I'll stick with the AM radio for my Revo... I don't mind it... it works quite nicely... (that way if I'm out with buddies... my Revo can be run at the same time as the Aftershock/LST2)

With those things you did point out.... I'm not quite sure what I want to do now... LOL... I was sold on the Aftershock... but now I'm doubting. I'm not going to have the money for a while.. and that's only if I can allocate the money towards R/C... so, I still have some time... but I want to know what I want before I get it... ya know? I know it'll be one of the Losi models... just not sure which one.

Perhaps I'll stop at my LHS to compare them... I'm really sold on the LST2... and I'm worried that if I get an Aftershock... I'll wish I would have bought the LST2...
Old 06-02-2007, 01:42 PM
RenegadeRevo

I'm really leaning towards the LST2... I use O'Donnell's 30% in my Revo... anyone had any issues with an LST2 running 30%?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Super Spider

Hey guys, new to the Forum, but not to RC. I have had my AfterShock for 1 year now, I was shoping for a LST2, but while comparing the 2, I decided the things that were downgraded on the Aftershock were the items I would upgrade on the LST2 anyway. I drove the truck for 4 months before breaking an A-arm (wide open off a ramp side ways into racing stand! seeing it fly all crazy tumbling through the air was woth the $14 for the RPM replacement arms (I went ahead and spent the extra 45 and got RPM arms all the way around). I have beat, banged, landed off jumps nose first, you name this thing is hard to break! Also, it can be converted a little at a time to a LST2, if money is the concern now, it may be easier to upgrade items as they break! Not that you need to upgrade right out of the box. It is easier to spend out 30 or 60 bucks as needed than it is to spen $350 more to start with. Stock LST2's are better, but I doubt you will notice any difference in performance, I still kick the crud out of my neighbor's Revo!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:18 AM
xAfterShockxx

my aftershock came to a total of 530$...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.