Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

revo or aftershock

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:16 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: revo or aftershock

ORIGINAL: dgz69er
It doesn't matter if you think its exactly the same. Its not.
You're right... the Aftershock is a de-tuned version of the LST2... therefore they're not the same... LST2>Aftershock>Tyco... there's a reason the Aftershock is cheaper... either way, it doesn't matter. this is a thread about opinion, and arguing about opinions is completely stupid. I responded to your question with a definitive and an objective side. I don't feel like I need to drive an Aftershock to know how it drives... it's a de-tuned version of the LST2... that's like asking me if I've driven a V-6 Camaro after finding out I've owned a Z28... I don't need to know how it drives... I know it's not as good... but the characteristics are the same... but to each his own... enjoy your Aftershock, man... no sense in trying to convince me of anything... 'cause it really doesn't matter.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:22 PM
[email protected]

You're right... the Aftershock is a de-tuned version of the LST2... therefore they're not the same... LST2> Aftershock >Tyco... there's a reason the Aftershock is cheaper... either way, it doesn't matter. this is a thread about opinion, and arguing about opinions is completely stupid. I responded to your question with a definitive and an objective side. I don't feel like I need to drive an Aftershock to know how it drives... it's a de-tuned version of the LST2... that's like asking me if I've driven a V-6 Camaro after finding out I've owned a Z28... I don't need to know how it drives... I know it's not as good... but the characteristics are the same... but to each his own... enjoy your Aftershock , man... no sense in trying to convince me of anything... 'cause it really doesn't matter.

i copletely agree with you the aftershock is a de tuned vursion of the lst2 but what is wrong with that. yes the lst2 is faster and more durable but so what i like to drive my aftershock on flat dirt and on the road i have goan throw 6 gallons and i have not brokin one part up to no i am happy i ddi not get the lst2 and saved half my money and got to put it to other stuff.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:23 PM
[email protected]

sorry i forgot to but it in quotes.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:33 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: dgz69er

ORIGINAL: RenegadeRevo

Personally, I'm unimpressed by the Aftershock... it's really nothing special... it's a stripped down LST2... essentially.... so, take what makes the LST2 good... pull it off... throw a lower price tag on it... and you have an Aftershock. If it were me, I'd keep the Revo... now, if the question was about an LST2... I'd have a harder time with the answer... LOL... I just got the parts for my Revo... I should be able to drive it this weekend...

Have you actually driven an Aftershock?
Nope, but I've driven an LST2.. (which I own)... it's basically the same thing, just de-tuned.. and cheaper. I've driven an LST... which is the "Original" Aftershock... my point was... if the Aftershock were so good, why do they sell it for almost half the price of the LST2? Why do they sell an upgrade kit to make it an LST2? It's because all the good things they did to the LST2 to make it the truck it is... they took it off the Aftershock. I'm not alone in my thoughts... but... either way, they're my thoughts. I seriously considered buying an Aftershock.. until all the Aftershock owners talked me out of it.

Have you actually driven an LST2 and a Revo?

I have, and an Aftershock.
Why are you such an angry person on here?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:42 PM
blackrain

there nothing wrong with having a aftershock, i think its the better choice if your planning on building a racer. Thats what i started with sold the motor and radio on ebay made about 200 bucks did the upgrade kit and lst2 spur gear setup. I even sold the original arms and cvds and 420 wheels and adapters. stock wheels and some of the other stuff in the up grade kit for another 125 dollar profit. I already had a motor and a remote i could run on it
Old 09-18-2007, 07:45 PM
blackrain

i made almost 325 bucks with the things i sold which inabled me to buy other hopups now i have a truck thats better than a stock lst 2
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21238.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	765732  
Old 09-18-2007, 08:06 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: [email protected]
i copletely agree with you the aftershock is a de tuned vursion of the lst2 but what is wrong with that. yes the lst2 is faster and more durable but so what i like to drive my aftershock on flat dirt and on the road i have goan throw 6 gallons and i have not brokin one part up to no i am happy i ddi not get the lst2 and saved half my money and got to put it to other stuff.
There isn't anything wrong with the Aftershock... this thread is about opinions, and my opinion is... why buy an Aftershock if you can get an LST2? I was going to save myself some money and buy an Aftershock instead of the LST2, but I think I'm much happier with the LST2 than I would have been with the Aftershock... this is an opinion thread, I've shared mine... and you don't have to agree. That's the beauty of opinions, everyone can form their own based upon their own experiences.

Why are you such an angry person on here?
I'm not an angry person... nothing I said was out of anger. When something was asked of me, I responded with my answer and reversed the question. I have looked over the Aftershock extensively. It's purpose is served as a de-tuned LST2... if that's what you want... then the Aftershock is the perfect truck for you. If you're like me and wanted the LST2 for various other performance enhancements that the Aftershock doesn't offer, then the Aftershock is a bad idea. If I were angry, I would have used more smilies... such as... [:@] or [:'(]... maybe [] or [&o]... if I thought you were nuts, I would probably use ... after looking back, I've realized that none of those smilies were used.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Fr33ze

Just one more comment from me if I can.

The Aftershock IS NOTa de-tuned LST2..

Change the FOC trans to one with high/low range+reverse, and the Dinamite .26+muffler for a mach.26+HT pipe, its now the exact same truck as the original LST... Same a-arms, chassis, rims and tires, shocks, diffs, axles and carriers, etc. Look for yourself, I did.

That is all.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:10 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: Fr33ze

Just one more comment from me if I can.

The Aftershock IS NOTa de-tuned LST2..

Change the FOC trans to one with high/low range+reverse, and the Dinamite .26+muffler for a mach.26+HT pipe, its now the exact same truck as the original LST... Same a-arms, chassis, rims and tires, shocks, diffs, axles and carriers, etc. Look for yourself, I did.

That is all.

So, the Aftershock has a lower-quality/power motor and pipe, and no hi/lo/reverse feature... and it's the same truck? That, my friend, is the definition of "de-tuned"...

By the way... there are other differences... this was posted by Sugafree using pics from 2DMaxLST when I was asking about buying an Aftershock instead...
ORIGINAL: Sugafree

IMO the LST2 Drivetrain Parts are Well worth the Extra Money alone......Then there the are 2speed Gears/Radio/Tranny/Engine/Pipe.....Belive me You'll Spend More Up-Grading an Aftershock than what it Cost to just get the LST2.......

Heres a few Pics from 2D,

Right is LST2,left is Aftershock

Left is LST2, right is Aftershock

Aftershock LST CVD vs LST2...

LST2 CVD pins are captured by this large bearing.

LST2 axles are 8mm like a 1/8 scale buggy..

LST1/Aftershock hex pin compared to LST2

LST1/Aftershock rear carrier compared to LST2

LST1/Aftershock axles compared...

Rear wheel of my LST2 after it was ran over by a 1:1 Tacoma..

Replaced Tires and wheels and completed a full race program when I got home I checked it out further (night racing or I would have noticed this)

It filed the rear carrier down on the pavement when the wheel was crush, no LST parts failed...