Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

just a small concept....

Old 10-06-2007, 01:27 AM
iexion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just a small concept....

Heres an idea that just pop up when i was looking at a muggy and thinking about it having a two speed trans....

1. Just how possible is it to put the suspension arms and shock towers from a muggy on a LsT2/Shock/Baja chassis(unless they are the same parts)?
2. Would there be any real benefit on performance with doing this modd?

Im looking to mix things up a bit and Blur the lines between a MT and Muggy even more ( why i have no idea )
And im thinking that a muggy'ish' LsT2 with a two speed with be kinda kewl. Dought it will make it handle any better at high speeds but hey why not give it a try.
ANy ideas wouldnt hurt... 2D im looking for your input on the idea
Old 10-06-2007, 01:54 AM
ttoks

Default RE: just a small concept....

the muggy shocks and shock towers will work, they do help a bit, and the muggy shocks are lighter coz they're composite not alloy, lowers the CG, you can tell the difference a little.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:13 AM
2DMaxLST!!

How much stick time do you have with that setup ttoks??
Old 10-06-2007, 10:31 AM
2DMaxLST!!

The concept was mentioned in the November issue of XTC...
Old 10-06-2007, 10:34 AM
2DMaxLST!!

[link=http://lstforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6807]Link: 13k viewed thread discussing it.[/link]
Old 10-06-2007, 10:36 AM
ttoks

not much at all, maybe an hour, once i get the new engine for my 8ight T i'll get some more (the engines from the 8ights going in the LST2), but theres a definite improvement over the stock setup, although not awe inspiring great, in my opinion worth it if your racing, same issue as with the muggy though, with the shocks upright, the pre load adjustment is very limited.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:41 AM
2DMaxLST!!

I've been racing the LST since the first version, year around. I've tried every setup imaginable. I'm my most consistent and fastest with the Muggy shocks and towers.

This is a qual from last weekend. When you fastest lap is within a second of your average, that's being consistent.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:44 AM
2DMaxLST!!

I of course would only do this mod if you are racing, on a R/C track. It would not make a lot of sense to do it to a basher.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:49 AM
ttoks

that things an LST2? god i thought it was a damned truggy to start with and you had a small ute lol, same one as in the pic with the x ray in it?

hey also my new engine and parts get here tomorrow, so very soon i should get a vid for ya on our "track" this weekend, which in reality is just a bmx track lol, we can only race with 3 or 4 guys at a time atm coz the best place to stand, and the only place where you can see the whole track is in the middle of it, so any more and you start bumping into people, i hope the council lets up build a track.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:04 AM
2DMaxLST!!

You need to get to a real R/C track, the corners and such will be a real eye opener if you have not raced on one.

It's a LST!! dppracing .com wing mount with Mugen stays and HD Ofna wing

Old 10-06-2007, 11:47 AM
RCtruckRacer

the muggy shocks and shock towers will work, they do help a bit, and the muggy shocks are lighter coz they're composite not alloy, lowers the CG, you can tell the difference a little.
How much stick time do you have with that setup ttoks??
not much at all, maybe an hour,
that things an LST2? god i thought it was a damned truggy to start with and you had a small ute lol, same one as in the pic with the x ray in it?
Just a word of advice. Refrain from making comments about things that you have no experience or knowledge about. I looked at this and it took me about 15 minutes to recover enough to stop laughing to be able to type this. Seriously, you seem like a pretty intelligent kid, and with some good posts once in a while. But I have seen a few things like this here - where you claim to have a setup that you didn't even recognize. I make plenty of mistakes, and am wrong about a lot of things. So I cannot claim to have anything over you. But those posts just made you look like a liar.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:09 PM
ttoks

so me not seeing it was an LST2 at first glance means i have no idea what i'm talking about? and/or makes me seem like a a liar? even running the setup my LST2 still looks a lot bigger then 2D's, he has his setup for racing, meaning a lot lower then mine is, and he's using what looks like the crowd pleaser body, looking at th epics there it doesnt look much bigger then the X ray he has, the reason i tried the setup was the post on LSTforums mentioning it, me having little run time with it doesn't mean i am either lying, or have no experience with the setup, an hour is enough for me to tell the difference between the muggyfied setup and the stock one.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:36 PM
2DMaxLST!!

It is the LOSI LST racer body, do you run the stock tires and wheels on your LST2?

Old 10-06-2007, 10:33 PM
ttoks

for now yes, soon i'l be running the proline 40 sires mulchers off of my revo once i get around to buying some 23mm hexes for the LST2
Old 10-07-2007, 12:19 AM
iexion

wow i must have hit on a funny subject. Personally i always seem to turn my RC's into track inspired cars/trucks ( or u can say wannabe's ) even tho i've never raced on a track.."yet"
So take my rs4-3 (before i sold it) for example. Mods include Lightweight flywheel,Hpi racing clutch, lightweight Chassis, C.F. Upperdeck tray, Alum Frnt/Rear shock towers, alum Frnt/Rear shocks 26x32mm Foam tires, High speed gearing, Advantage Racing tunded pipe, OS .18TZ(TX) engine...etc ( i cant even remember all the crap i put into that little bullet )

Then we have my truck now.. not getting into details but why did i put front and rear sway bars and better springs on a truck i've never raced? i honestly dont know but i seem to be drawn tords race driven RC without even knowing the true race set-ups

SooOoOoOooo... the idea about muggy arms and suspension on a LST chassis? i was sure someone had tried it before but i had no idea so many people HAVE done it already. I guess i dont want us to look at this topic as a "functional: will it work idea" but more or less as a "exhibition" type of thinking ( this type of thinking ) kinda want to aim for high speeds but not sacrifice the ruggedness of the lst chassis[:-] So a low-slung 2-speed might be kinda fun[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 10-07-2007, 04:17 PM
2DMaxLST!!

It's a blast.

ttoks, you really can't judge the handling of a LST with the stock tires and wheels.

You say that it makes the shocks more upright when it is quite the opposite. The shocks are at a angle and produce more side bite. I'll be straight with you, I don't think you've ever done it.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:22 AM
ttoks

no no no, you've misunderstood what i've said, let em take a pic to explain what i meant there (the pics on the muggy, but i got th problem with both the LST2 and mug)

the pre load adjustment hits the shock tower when the shocks are upright, as is the shock absorbers are facing up, and you can only get full adjustment of the pre load with the shock absorbers facing down, with the shaft pointing up, i wasnt saying the shocks sit more vertical on the LST2 with the muggy shock tower.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84226.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	778559  
Old 10-09-2007, 03:05 AM
ttoks

no apology for accusing me of being a lying key bored warrior? i thought more of th people on here.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:34 AM
megamaxx

SORRY
Old 10-09-2007, 07:54 AM
RCtruckRacer

So posting a picture of a muggy means that you have a muggified LST2? And besides, I have no clue what you were trying to say... where is the 'absorber' on the shock? And what shaft can point up and down? Judging by the pic of that muggy, if there is any limitation to the preload adjustment, it would be minimal. Looks like the adjuster would only hit the shock tower when all the way to the top. Are you missing the spacers or something? I just looked at losi's website and the pic's they have of the muggy show the shocks with zero preload. You should be able to get full adjustment without the adjusters hitting anything.

Nice corduroys. I had some just like that when I was 8. Back in 1973.

Lets not forget that I can only make judgements based on the facts that I know. Those facts are what you posted, which I quoted above. If you don't want people to think you are lying, don't make posts that make you look like one!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:20 AM
iexion

[&:] ok so we were on the subject about adjustments or pre-load issue with a muggy shock tower. this is a informational/decusion forum, so can we keep on topic and get back to the friggin point? [sm=75_75.gif]

"civil"[sm=50_50.gif]
Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

It's a blast.

ttoks, you really can't judge the handling of a LST with the stock tires and wheels.

You say that it makes the shocks more upright when it is quite the opposite. The shocks are at a angle and produce more side bite. I'll be straight with you, I don't think you've ever done it.
I have learned ttoks means well, but spews incorrect information without having the knowledge often.
As if looking for validation here.
If you are not 100% please dont spew "knowledge" please.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:36 AM
LSTVega28

*waits for Tokks to defned himself*
Old 10-12-2007, 09:33 AM
ttoks

you spelt it wrong [8D]
Old 10-12-2007, 01:16 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Here is my Muggified LST racer from moments ago.