Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

need to know.............

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:42 AM
megamaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to know.............

what issues are going to arise when i try to fit this PICCO .28 in my LST2?i have used the search button but really didnt find anything.i know somewhere mentioned shimming out the fly wheel???input please
Old 03-17-2008, 07:56 AM
Terry12

Default RE: need to know.............

when putting in any new engine there will almost always need to be shimming. remember to use the collet that came with the stock flywheel, if you are using the stock flywheel. not the one that came with the new engine. for shimming i recomend this kit.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNT03&P=7

the brass washers are designed to go behind the collet to give more space between the flywheel and engine if needed. they fit perfectly against the bearing race. also they give you many other washers. with this kit you can shim/space about any flywheel onto any engine and get it to fit. it also comes with sg shaft extensions incase your bell sticks out past the end of the sg shaft. this is the best investment you can make in your personal health and sanity when it coems to instaling a new engine. this kit can make an almost imposssable job take minutes. you can get the kit at any LHS for about $5. and if they need to order it the ofna part number iss 10099.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Sugafree

Theres a few more things with Putting the P3 in a LST, Here's Some pic's of 2D's Truck with the P3......

You'll Have to Put washers under the Engine on the mounts to Rasie the Engines so the Backplate will fit in the chassis,

And the Picco has a Round Exhaust Port,

So you'll need to use the round exhaust gaskets,

And You'll need the LST,AFT .16 Spin-Start Backplate - LOSB5110 to Use the Mach Roto Start,

Click Pic for link

3 of it's 4 holes match up perfect with the stock backplate on the Picco Like So...

Old 03-17-2008, 04:15 PM
SmugR

Awesome, glad you asked this Mega, one of these arrived for my LST2 a week ago, just waiting on a few essentials before I get started on it.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:39 PM
megamaxx

wow,was not expecting it to be that involved!!!!!looks like it will have to wait until i gather up a few more pieces.no hurry though,the 427 doesnt even have a dozen tanks on it yet.sssshhhhhheeeeeesh,what am i doing sitting here its beautiful out,time to ...............................................