Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Aftershock?

Old 12-24-2008, 11:56 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftershock?

Ok guy's heres the deal,I just picked up a used shock and need some advice.I got it dirt cheap and it's in great shape overall but needs electronics.The previous ownwer fried all the electrical some how wouldn't really explain what happened.I have the Rx/Tx covered but was wondering on my servos.For servos I was thinking 3 hitec 945's.Would I be better off getting one real good one for up front or just use two?How are the stock servos?I see them on the bay cheap.Any real issues with this truck?I have plenty of time to fix any issues with this truck so if there are known issues let me know.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:01 PM
RCtruckRacer

Default RE: Aftershock?

Unfortunately due to the design of the steering, a single servo will not work regardless of how much torque it has. Many have tried to make a mod for this, but nothing has worked as well as the stock dual servo setup. That I have seen anyway.

Best upgrade IMO would be an LST2 upgrade kit, and a dynamite engine brace if its not already on there.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:35 PM
241 racing

Will look into the brace and upgrade kit.Will twin hitec 945's do the job up front?I need all three servos so any recomandations?Will the 945's be enough?Where is the best online place to get these parts?Any links to the upgrade kit and brace?
Old 12-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Sugafree

The JR 650's are a Good Up Grade, (And they are Cheap) The Aftershocks 2 speed set up wears out fast and isn't that Good......(Grab the LST2 2 Speed & save your self some headaches )

Good thread for ya, Difference's between the LST1/Aftershock & the LST2
Old 12-24-2008, 02:10 PM
241 racing

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:55 PM
iexion

LST2 HT exhaust along with Alum clutch shoes are the two things i first did when i got my shock. " A MUST " upgrade when you get a shock/baja/ram. Im still nedding new steerings servos.. hmmm[:-]