Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST2 and Savage XSS Jumps..

Old 04-05-2009, 12:18 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default LST2 and Savage XSS Jumps..

Both these trucks are about equally old - two years or so.. On the LST2 I've never opened a diff or changed the shock oil or done much else.. It's got RC Raven springs, RPM's with Lunsford links, and the New Era roll-bar. I recently put a two gallon old LRP Spec 3 in it - and man it rips.. But man it also sucks the fuel down compared to a Mach!!..

The XSS has given me problems pretty much since day 1 - lots of bothersome breakage... The Sportwerks 26 I have in it now though absolutely freakin' rips.. Top-speed is crazy.. Lots of fun to drive actually, when it stays in one piece...

Anyway, the LST2 was the star of the day again today. I can't believe how well it still goes...

Here a short vid of the Sav:

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...il509_0001.flv

Gonna work on the LST2 one now..
Old 04-05-2009, 02:35 PM
HerrSavage

Default RE: LST2 and Savage XSS Bash..

Well, I gave up after the first three versions got busted by the music filters..., so just finished it..

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...01Version3.flv

[sm=red_smile.gif]
Old 04-05-2009, 02:43 PM
HerrSavage

Default RE: LST2 and Savage XSS Jumps..

Nobody cares about the Connels I guess..

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...01Version4.flv
Old 04-05-2009, 03:28 PM
T-MAXXRich
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kick ***** vids herrsavage what were those things running in the background. Kinda looked like mini semi trucks lol
Old 04-05-2009, 03:29 PM
HerrSavage

Thanks.. 1/5 gassers.. It's a big, free public on-road track there..
Old 04-06-2009, 11:58 AM
twomanytoys

I have 2 savages and one aftershock with the lrp and my aftershock is by far the fastest 1/8 Mt is have ever had. It will lift the wheels going into second gear and man does it fly. I still love my savages but the aftershock really shines when it comes to speed and flying. I have never had a problem with my aftershock but have been through several diffs and drivetrain parts in the year that I have owned them. Savage is tough but its not the toughest.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:03 PM
HerrSavage

Well, speaking purely from my own experience with my LST2 and XSS, there's no comparison. The LST2 is just VASTLY superior.. It's generally faster, flies better, and the clincher - it's WAY tougher.. And not only in terms of withstanding bad landings and all that kind of thing, but also in terms of just wear and tear. You need to practically redo the entire Savage drivetrain after like 3-4 gallons. As mentioned, I've never even taken one of my LST2 diffs out - no new bearings, nothing.. My old 25 was tough, but my XSS just isn't.. Has been a breakage headache since day one... It is fun to drive, especially with that Sportwerks 26, but it just breaks all the time..
Old 04-06-2009, 12:05 PM
twomanytoys

Great videos. That just proves that the savage cant hang with the losi!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:17 PM
TnRCguy

Nice vids!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 PM
HerrSavage

Well, before any Savage guys get all worked up, I would just say, I'm not saying it's objectively the case, but in my personal case, the LST2 has just been superior..

Having been in the hobby for a few years now, I think I am starting to recognize a pretty high level of inconsistency among products -across the board.. Some guys have had terrible luck with LST2's, some with LRP Spec 3's, etc etc... And yeah, one of my Savages was great, the other not so. I just hope my new LST2 racer is half as good as my basher...

I tell you what though, the one product I absolutely can't complain about is Mach engines.. Two Machs so far and one Sportwerks 26, and man they're all just stupid great....

BTW, another observation from yesterday: nitro having become as expensive as it has, that LRP fuel consumption is all the more noticeable... I mean, it really sucks the fuel down.. Even though I love the power and characteristics of the engine, I don't know if I'd get another one - not at €43 a gallon for my nitro when the Machs get like %30 more run time....
Old 04-06-2009, 12:23 PM
twomanytoys

I love the sportwerks engines. What problems have you heard about with the LRp's?
Old 04-06-2009, 12:29 PM
HerrSavage

This SW 26 is seriously freakin' awesome. I recommend anybody in need of a new budget engine to go pounce on one.. I already did - got a new one waiting in the shop...

On German forums LRP's have a rep among some for not lasting long.. I never really hear about it in US forums though, so who knows. I'm inclined to think that one or two "big shot" guys in the German forums had problems and a bunch of kids just accepted everything they said no matter what, and the rumor spread like a rash.. With engines though you just never know - so many variables... But yeah, the LRP is just a "big Mach", and the Mach IMHO is about as reliable as an engine can get...
Old 04-06-2009, 05:17 PM
full maxx

yeah well I like the music to the first lst vid