Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Aftershock or XXL

Old 07-14-2009, 07:33 AM
thepope43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftershock or XXL

What is stronger/faster, Losi Aftershock or Losi LSTXXL?

I'm thinking of just selling my Aftershock and buying a brand new XXL and upgrading it right out of the box. Iwant to have an unvrivaled power in my truck
Old 07-14-2009, 09:55 AM
full maxx

Default RE: Aftershock or XXL

if the shock is stock then the xxl will smoke it stock but if you have any upgrades then keep it and change a few things and it will be as fast
Old 07-14-2009, 11:09 AM
HerrSavage

If you can afford it, get the XXL.. Why not? If your AS is going well though, then keep it..

There are two worlds in RC - your own reality, and the internet world, which can make you think you have to go out and get the "biggest and baddest".. But if you're happy with wutcha' got, stick with it IMO..

In general though, the XXL is much beefier than the AS - with a better engine, pipe, radio, and on down the line.. Interesting idea would be to get an XXL, keep it stock, and mod your AS into a lightweight racer or something..
Old 07-14-2009, 11:16 AM
MaddMatt

My Aftershock Rips! Just upgrade the chassis and drive shafts to XXL size from Ebay. Then put the rest of your $$ into precious metal, (That is to say a new LRP .30) I spent about $50 bucks to convert mine to the XXL chassis. The day I took the second picture I was with Bigblock454, and when I hit 2nd gear on that blacktop the truck would start drifting all 4 wheels. I was running a teal head Mach 427, ported , and High compression head button on 20% nitro. Next thing I buy is gonna be the lrp.30 or maybe the new Axial .32rr

Read through this.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7728774/tm.htm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91121.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1236161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71571.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1236162  
Old 07-14-2009, 11:17 AM
jackieb

I would try to keep the Aftershock and get the XXL in addition.  If you cannot afford do this keep the Aftershock it is a cool truck too.  Unless you don't like the AS, but I doubt that this is the case.

In general though, the XXL is much beefier than the AS - with a betterengine, pipe, radio, and on down the line.. Interesting idea would beto get an XXL, keep it stock, and mod your AS into a lightweight raceror something..
This would be ideal, IMO.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:33 PM
thepope43

I'd love to keep both, but I want to have all my money in one big monster, you know what I mean? I want to have something that is unrivaled by any other truck. I will try to sell my Aftershock then and buy the XXL and upgrade from there.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:27 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember that when you try to sell your Aftershock It's not worth as much as you want out of it. A good rule of thumb, it's worth half what you paid for it. Any after market parts are the same. Everything is cut by half. Just the way the Hobby works. So in the long run it's prolly a better idea to keep the AS and upgrade it to an XXL.[8D] MaddMatt has about the best set-up I've seen on an Aftershock. Our trucks are just about even. MaddMatt is still afraid to Drag race from a dead stop Knowing that my bone stock XXL will leave him in burnt Nitro Fumes. HeHeHeHe.[>:]
Old 07-14-2009, 03:16 PM
full maxx

all you really need is the 454 engine, the ht pipe, and the tranny output gears and the speed will be about even with the xxl... true the a-arms are a little beefier and a few other things are different but if you are happy with the shock then keep it rolling...it is a tough truck
Old 07-14-2009, 04:23 PM
bigairlife

for the amount of money you would spend switching from your AS to a xxl you could probably get a new engine and a few other upgrades for ur AS and being as fast if not faster and more durable than a stock xxl
Old 07-14-2009, 04:44 PM
thepope43

I"m just one of those "I like to buy it new" kind of people ya know? I like to buy something new, sell off the parts I'm going to upgrade and sell them off as "new" and then use that money towards what I"m going to buy. I'm weird like that, but I'll probably try to sell the Aftershock to someone in town for close to what I paid for it, of course I'll clean it up first so it looks nice.

1.) Dynamite engine brace
2.) HT pipe..
3.) RC Raven dual-rate shock springs
4.) New Era roll-bar

Those 4 parts i bought for the Aftershock, will they all 4 work the same on the XXL?
Old 07-14-2009, 05:20 PM
bigairlife

not sure about the new era roll bar but the other three will work.  Someone else probably knows more about the roll bar
Old 07-14-2009, 05:26 PM
ARDV8

...................but with the XXL you get the Telemetry Spektrum set up.

If you can stand the loss of selling the AF for half price, I'd sell it, get the XXL and then get a few essential upgrades for it.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:50 PM
HawkChalk

I'd keep the aftershock and beef it up, then get the XXL so I can let someone race me in the modded AS vs. the stock XXL. which ever one lost i'd sell [>:]
Old 07-14-2009, 09:06 PM
thepope43

I will probably just buy the XXL on top of what I already have and sell the Aftershock when I get the chance to
Old 07-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Airbus 9e

Just so you know.....selling anything RC is a crapshoot....I've had a Traxxas 2.5 engine w/ pipe I've been trying to sell since January....I had one guy offer me $100 for it, which I said yes to, then he had to "go hit the ATM" and I never saw him again....
Old 07-15-2009, 04:15 AM
MaddMatt

ORIGINAL: bigblock454XXL

Remember that when you try to sell your Aftershock It's not worth as much as you want out of it. A good rule of thumb, it's worth half what you paid for it. Any after market parts are the same. Everything is cut by half. Just the way the Hobby works. So in the long run it's prolly a better idea to keep the AS and upgrade it to an XXL.[8D] MaddMatt has about the best set-up I've seen on an Aftershock. Our trucks are just about even. MaddMatt is still afraid to Drag race from a dead stop Knowing that my bone stock XXL will leave him in burnt Nitro Fumes. HeHeHeHe.[>:]

Say Whaaaaattt??[X(]

I have to tune my Aftershock to run lean or the smoke burns Bigblocks454xxl's eyes back there...
Old 07-15-2009, 05:55 AM
full maxx

ORIGINAL: MaddMatt

Say Whaaaaattt??[X(]

I have to tune my Aftershock to run lean or the smoke burns Bigblocks454xxl's eyes back there...
hahahahaha sorry big block but thats funny
Old 07-15-2009, 08:00 AM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea,. . . . . he's full of funny thoughts. See how clean his truck is? Cause it sits on his bench while he's trying to figure out how to mod it to beat my XXL. Meanwhile, I've got 3 1/2 gallons through my XXL 454 and it runs top speed 50 MPH on a good day. 52 If I'm feeling brave [>:] and lean it out. While he sits on his butt watching youtube video's of everyone else Bashing their Losi's. ROFLMAO!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:21 AM
thepope43

lol well I guess thanks for the input guys. I think I'll just bank the 800$ i got and stick with my Aftershock I guess
Old 07-15-2009, 09:21 AM
MaddMatt

ORIGINAL: thepope43

I''m just one of those ''I like to buy it new'' kind of people ya know? I like to buy something new, sell off the parts I'm going to upgrade and sell them off as ''new'' and then use that money towards what I''m going to buy. I'm weird like that, but I'll probably try to sell the Aftershock to someone in town for close to what I paid for it, of course I'll clean it up first so it looks nice.

1.) Dynamite engine brace
2.) HT pipe..
3.) RC Raven dual-rate shock springs
4.) New Era roll-bar

Those 4 parts i bought for the Aftershock, will they all 4 work the same on the XXL?

Those four parts will carry over to the XXL.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:23 AM
MaddMatt

Yea,. . . . . he's full of funny thoughts. See how clean his truck is? Cause it sits on his bench while he's trying to figure out how to mod it to beat my XXL. Meanwhile, I've got 3 1/2 gallons through my XXL 454 and it runs top speed 50 MPH on a good day. 52 If I'm feeling brave [>:] and lean it out. While he sits on his butt watching youtube video's of everyone else Bashing their Losi's. ROFLMAO!

I'm just waiting for you to catch up...
Old 07-15-2009, 10:27 AM
full maxx

ok ok enough ...RACE u 2 and get it on camera...video camera
Old 07-15-2009, 08:43 PM
thepope43

Alright I've bought my XXL. Besides those 4 parts, what else can I upgrade on this truck to make it the best. Not good, or as good, but the BEST
Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 AM
HerrSavage

It already comes with the HT pipe..

I would just run it as is at first, and see how you like it.. Much more important that you get it running well, as opposed to having just look good on paper..

Later if you want to go really crazy you could do this:

1.) RPM's with Lunsford links..
2.) Upgrade your servos..(big $$$, but probably the most sensible and impressive "major" upgrade you can do..)
3.) heavy duty skids..
4.) carbon chassis
5.) GPM alu parts..

etc etc...
Old 07-16-2009, 05:46 PM
thepope43

I have already ordered a 330oz servo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.