RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Losi Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/losi-monster-trucks-319/)
-   -   Do any proline tyres fit on Losi 420 wheels? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/losi-monster-trucks-319/10998029-do-any-proline-tyres-fit-losi-420-wheels.html)

Kawasakirider 03-12-2012 10:16 PM

Do any proline tyres fit on Losi 420 wheels?

Hey guys, just got my XXL recently. I was just wondering if any proline tyres will fit on the stock rims? I like badlands, but I doubt they'll have any chance of fitting.

Any suggestions? Cheers!

HerrSavage 03-12-2012 10:28 PM

RE: Do any proline tyres fit on Losi 420 wheels?

Any of the 40 series will.

Big Joes for ex.. Which btw are much lighter than the stock tires.

I still have my stock tires after five years though. I like them. They last forever, and you can abuse them on ALL surfaces without screwing them up, and the tread just never goes away. I had some Big Joes but sold them unused because I thought it would have been a shame to shred them up on pavement. The stock tires are really good all-rounders.. They just weigh a ton.

I think I heard Proline was coming out with 40-series Badlands, but not sure. Badlands are awesome - but again, not for pavement...

Kawasakirider 03-12-2012 10:39 PM

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Any of the 40 series will.

Big Joes for ex.. Which btw are much lighter than the stock tires.

I still have my stock tires after five years though. I like them. They last forever, and you can abuse them on ALL surfaces without screwing them up, and the tread just never goes away. I had some Big Joes but sold them unused because I thought it would have been a shame to shred them up on pavement. The stock tires are really good all-rounders.. They just weigh a ton.

I think I heard Proline was coming out with 40-series Badlands, but not sure. Badlands are awesome - but again, not for pavement...
Thanks man. It surprises me that big joes are heaps lighter than the stockers, they look chunky as! I like the stock tyres, I would prefer something with a bit more bite, though.

HerrSavage 03-12-2012 11:31 PM

It surprised me too, but they're actually a good bit lighter. A llllooooonnnngggggg time ago I started a thread about tire weights around here somewhere, with pictures on a scale, etc..

Kawasakirider 03-13-2012 02:32 AM

I had Maxx Mashers on one of my revos, they are a great tyre. They come in 40 series, too. I wish proline would make a 40 series badlands, though. They would grip so well in the grass and dirt, I reckon.

I remember years ago integy was selling preglued 40 series rims and tyres, lots of good reviews about them. I'll have to have a gander! I just want something that's going to grip better than the stock tyres. They seem great for an all around basher tyre, but I'd like something with more bite. I found out the XXL does wheelies, but it would be much easier if the tyres wouldn't spin all the time, lol.

I'm just working out some mods for when I do an overseas order. Won't be for a while because I've got about a grand in vet bills lined up for the near future :( I'd rather keep the stock wheels if I could, I don't mind them and I don't really feel like buying new rims if I swap to 17mm adapters as well as tyres, so I'm trying to work out what fits.