RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Losi Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/losi-monster-trucks-319/)
-   -   dynamite big red engine in LST. under powered? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/losi-monster-trucks-319/11637734-dynamite-big-red-engine-lst-under-powered.html)

1QwkSport2.5r 04-10-2017 09:20 AM

Some food for thought. In post 175 in this link: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-c...another-7.html shows how much of a difference the manifold alone can make. The top graph in post 175 is overall peak horsepower and the second graph shows average horsepower. .50hp difference between the header I use/suggested made more power by a big margin over the stock LST manifold. Granted this is on a modified engine, so the power gains can be more substantial, but there is definitely creedance to using a shorter manifold.

RCaddict80 04-19-2017 04:31 PM

so just a quick up date... i been doing research and found an awsome integy pipe set for the LST i got one and man oh man did it wake this engine up!! i had to richen the the carb up right away after installing the new header pipe and muffler..now its just awsome on top end and low end its an animal!! (oh..plus i noticed the servo was only opening the carb up about half way) lol i was at the park last weekend and clocked the LST at 35mph running rich but that was before the servo linkage adjustment and the new pipe. i ran one tank with the new pipe and i sheared 2 axle stubs and rounded out one rim and hex. cant belive the power!! oh..and i ordered a new losi eight 4x4 rtr buggy with the .21 dynamite engine in..should be in friday. i been wanting one ever since i got the mini 8ight. i havnt yet to reclock my top end speed since the axles broke just when i was grinning from ear to ear

1QwkSport2.5r 04-19-2017 05:40 PM

So you have an LST1, correct? If so, you will want to get the LST2 upgrade kit. It will nearly
buetproof the truck.

RCaddict80 05-03-2017 04:44 AM

so just a quick update for you guys.. even though my new big red engine had plenty of power for my LST i decided to get the novarossi Legend 28-8 and man oh man is that one sweet,powerful,smooth, fast awsome running reiable engine! i only got 4 tanks ran though it and im running super rich but i can tell you that is outdoes my big red anyday!!! it may even out due my lrp 32 after i tune it for performance. i can tell you that at a steady low speed it will pick the front wheels up with no issues, and when shifting into second while on full throttle it also pulls a wheelie. this engine is very nice!!

1QwkSport2.5r 05-03-2017 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by RCaddict80 (Post 12332865)
so just a quick update for you guys.. even though my new big red engine had plenty of power for my LST i decided to get the novarossi Legend 28-8 and man oh man is that one sweet,powerful,smooth, fast awsome running reiable engine! i only got 4 tanks ran though it and im running super rich but i can tell you that is outdoes my big red anyday!!! it may even out due my lrp 32 after i tune it for performance. i can tell you that at a steady low speed it will pick the front wheels up with no issues, and when shifting into second while on full throttle it also pulls a wheelie. this engine is very nice!!

I knew you'd like it. They are fantastic!!

RCaddict80 05-03-2017 06:59 AM

also something i noticed almost imidiatly after i got the engine runnning stable..this novarossi engine runs real simular to a brushkess electric motor. its just super smooth! you can feel the diffrence in smoothness from the controler its crazy! ive owned many many nitro engines in the past and currently i own LRP ZR32, O.S.18CRV-x, TRX2.5R, dynamite big red, HPI K4.6, associated pro.15x, and a GO engine .28. AND NO OTHER ENGINE IVE EVER OWNED HAS EVER FELT THIS KIND OF SMOOTHNESS THAT MAKES YOU SAY..."wow this thing is smooth"

RCaddict80 05-03-2017 07:00 AM

do you guys think this engine actually puts out more power than my lrp 32?

1QwkSport2.5r 05-03-2017 07:46 AM

It is a very consistent and smooth engine without a doubt. As to overall power output, it's probably on par or better than the LRP .32 - which is basically a bored out .28 which is a bored out .21. Those bigger displacement engines tend to not breathe quite as well as the smaller displacement engines do. One thing that sets the Nova apart from the other engines is the fact the crankcase is taller which allows the use of a longer rod. This makes the rotational geometry better for smoother power delivery.

brio 05-03-2017 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by RCaddict80 (Post 12332904)
also something i noticed almost imidiatly after i got the engine runnning stable..this novarossi engine runs real simular to a brushkess electric motor. its just super smooth! you can feel the diffrence in smoothness from the controler its crazy! ive owned many many nitro engines in the past and currently i own LRP ZR32, O.S.18CRV-x, TRX2.5R, dynamite big red, HPI K4.6, associated pro.15x, and a GO engine .28. AND NO OTHER ENGINE IVE EVER OWNED HAS EVER FELT THIS KIND OF SMOOTHNESS THAT MAKES YOU SAY..."wow this thing is smooth"

Wow..i gotta get me one of these.