RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Losi Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/losi-monster-trucks-319/)
-   -   Shims for PL 23mm hexes.. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/losi-monster-trucks-319/3821272-shims-pl-23mm-hexes.html)

PillowPants 01-24-2006 11:09 PM

Shims for PL 23mm hexes..

Ehh.. I'm an idiot..[&:]

RCtruckRacer 01-24-2006 11:14 PM

RE: Shims for PL 23mm hexes..

Hmmm, they worked for me. [sm=confused.gif]

PillowPants 01-24-2006 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: lstRacerX

Hmmm, they worked for me. [sm=confused.gif]
Really? What the heck? Even My friend at my LHS said they were to small! Have any pics? Maybe i'm doing it bass-ackwards!

bentgear 01-24-2006 11:25 PM

Ehh.. I'm an idiot..
Hell Ham, we've known that for a while. :D

Sorry guy, ya kinda left yourself open for that. :)

Hate I missed the question tho!

Ed M.

RCtruckRacer 01-24-2006 11:25 PM

Sorry, no pics... I changed over to the CNR hexes as soon as I saw they were available. 2D must have some in a long forgotton about folder! Where would they be too small? Don't yours fit over the axle?

PillowPants 01-24-2006 11:35 PM

Sorry, no pics... I changed over to the CNR hexes as soon as I saw they were available. 2D must have some in a long forgotton about folder! Where would they be too small? Don't yours fit over the axle?
Nope![:@] about these CNR ones... can i use PL 23mm wheels still? Oh and I dont need to use shimms with these CNR ones do i? And do they come lose as easily as the PL ones do? Will i have to use locktite?

PillowPants 01-24-2006 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: bentgear

Ehh.. I'm an idiot..
Hell Ham, we've known that for a while. :D

Sorry guy, ya kinda left yourself open for that. :)

Hate I missed the question tho!

Ed M.
Yeah yeah... [:@] :) Well lucky for you unlike most people on these forums, i can take a joke! I gotta admit, the little remark about thinking i have only been in the hobby for 6 months did make my blood boil...

jon2 01-24-2006 11:43 PM

So Hamburglar did you get it to work? I got a set comin soon.

bentgear 01-24-2006 11:43 PM

Yeah yeah... Well lucky for you unlike most people on these forums, i can take a joke!
No Ham, lucky for us that you can poke fun at yourself when you think you have messed up. Now if a few more on this site could just change to be more like that, it would be a lot more fun.

Ed M.

RCtruckRacer 01-24-2006 11:49 PM

The CNR hexes do not come with, or need shims, that is correct. And yes, they are 23 mm so fit any 23mm wheel. They also use the standard wheel nut, so no loctite unless you used it to begin with (I dont, but the plastic on the lock nuts wears out after a while).

PillowPants 01-24-2006 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: bentgear

Yeah yeah... Well lucky for you unlike most people on these forums, i can take a joke!
No Ham, lucky for us that you can poke fun at yourself when you think you have messed up. Now if a few more on this site could just change to be more like that, it would be a lot more fun.

Ed M.
Yeah, I guess that works too!:D

PillowPants 01-24-2006 11:50 PM

The CNR hexes do not come with, or need shims, that is correct. And yes, they are 23 mm so fit any 23mm wheel. They also use the standard wheel nut, so no loctite unless you used it to begin with (I dont, but the plastic on the lock nuts wears out after a while).
uhhg.. alright, alright.. Looks like i'm going to need to dip into my REVO savings[:'(]

jon2 01-26-2006 12:14 AM

Forget it...