RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Losi Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/losi-monster-trucks-319/)
-   -   rebuilding my lst (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/losi-monster-trucks-319/3961237-rebuilding-my-lst.html)

silverado2000bg 02-26-2006 12:51 AM

rebuilding my lst

hey i was wondering when i should i rebuild my lst 1 im the second owner and he said he had used bout 3/4 a gallon of fuel before i bought it and i have used bout a half gallon in it since december i work a lot and not much time to bash it neways how long should it be before i think about rebuilding the engine? any suggestions i need help this is my first gas rc truck.....also what would be a good piston and sleeve to put in it any good brands? that u perfer?

Brandon

revoman323 02-26-2006 01:08 AM

RE: rebuilding my lst

You will have to replace the p/s with the same one.And as far as when to rebuild,do it when your compression is low.How you can check this is buy turning the fly wheel when the engine is cold if it turns easy all the way around its time to rebuild if it has any resistance its still good make sure the glow plug is in when you do it.you can usally get around 7-10 gallons or maybe more if you keep it tuned right

bentgear 02-26-2006 01:13 AM

The engines seem to last between 2 tanks and 10 + gallons depending on how you care for them and how much luck you have. Since its an original LST if it has serial number lower than 10,000 I would read the washer thread at the beginning of the Losi Monster Truck section. Other than that don't run it real lean and hope the guy that had it before you broke it in correctly.

Don't think anybody but Mach is makeing a replacement piston and sleeve for the .26. Signs that it might be time for a rebuild include low compression, constant need to adjust the needles, lack of fuel draw, etc when you know the fuel and glo plug are good and there are no air leaks.

Keep a watch for loose screwws and wheel nuts. Blue loctite is your friend for metal to metal fastning.

Above all, enjoy it.

Ed M.

silverado2000bg 02-26-2006 02:56 AM

yea i checked serial number and it was above 10,000 its like 11,555 yea a few people told me bout that and i read it but thanx for lookin out for me cause im a newbie thanx alot bentgear

silverado2000bg 02-26-2006 03:45 AM

thanx guys for ur replies and i just ordered a piston and sleeve kit for my losi lst 1 just so i can have it around in case i need it soon and i want it now. another thing is that i have to break it in again rite? also is there nething special i should do whenever i rebuild my lst?

bentgear 02-26-2006 11:15 AM

Make sure you clean it good before you take it apart. I use straight methanol. When you start to pull out the keepers holding in the wrist pin do it inside a plastic zip lock bag, gallon size works rather well. If they fly, they stay in the bag. This is a good tip any time you are taking a small keeper off anything that tends to get lost easily.

You will have to break it in just like its a new engine, because it almost is.

Ed M.

mayhem272 02-26-2006 11:59 AM

ur just broken in brother
dont need to worry about it now
just rebuild it when its not running/performing as it should
yea u can get about 7 gallons or more if ur good with tuning

benifur 02-26-2006 01:02 PM

I would get a conrod also. Two of my Mach's died at 10-12 gal's and it was the conrod on both one it destroyed the other I rebuilt. They both still had good compression. They had lot's of pinch left.

silverado2000bg 02-27-2006 12:58 AM

where can i buy a conrod at it was hard to rind the sleeve and piston? where could i find the conrod at any suggestions, and any specific brand?

SublimeJason 02-27-2006 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: silverado2000bg

where can i buy a conrod at it was hard to rind the sleeve and piston? where could i find the conrod at any suggestions, and any specific brand?
You can find Any Parts ya Need for your mach here,
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Search/D...20parts&CatId=