Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Thanks for this addition.

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Thanks for this addition.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:16 AM
Jim_McIntyre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thanks for this addition.

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01
Regardless, modelers, ALL modelers, from All regions of Canada are a motivated bunch and should not be marginalized (along with their ideas) because of geography.
And it's precisely that kind of spin doctoring that gets my goat. Please do not attempt to place words in my mouth. Kindly point out, in context) where I was "marginalizing regions (along with their ideas)" or retract your statement.[>:]

...... translated, he tires of me not agreeing with him and now reverts to a personal shot resulting from frustration.
Incorrect. I have no need for translation, my points are clear. Perhaps you are in need of some lessons in comprehension?

As expressed earlier, I have no need for you to agree with me, I simply wish you would stop slinging mud at a good organization.

If you were to put half the effort into bettering the organization that you do in attempting to bruise it's public image, I'd be here defending your efforts (despite our differences), instead of defending the efforts of those volunteers who work for the betterment of MAAC, you publicly drag through the muck.[>:]
Old 04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: Jim_McIntyre

Regardless, modelers, ALL modelers, from All regions of Canada are a motivated bunch and should not be marginalized (along with their ideas) because of geography.
Retract? Jim, that is a philosophical statement of what I believe and should offend nobody.

If you agree that each modeller and each respective region or zone's ideas stand on equal ground throughout Canada, then we are on common ground. Your earlier suggestion of "effective majority" because of population concentrations is where I take issue. I disagree and have used examples and stats that I believe help back up my argument and refrain from making it personal.

You back your argument by suggesting I am "anti-competition" & "MAAC Bashing" & "purposely trying to burise MAAC image"?

Why the need to stiffle ANY debate with regards to a public organization of which we belong?

ORIGINAL: Jim_McIntyre
If you were to put half the effort into bettering the organization that you do in attempting to bruise it's public image, I'd be here defending your efforts (despite our differences), instead of defending the efforts of those volunteers who work for the betterment of MAAC, you publicly drag through the muck.[>:]
More of the same. Jim, I don't recall meetin you, or you sitting at the directors table during the 3 years that I was an elected volunteer? You know nothing of the effort I put into or what I put up with and quite frankly, you know nothing more of me than what a small core of people fed to you during that time frame, coupled with your bias directly related to a single event in 2002. I will not begin to call you names and if you cannot have a civil debate, then don't read my posts and at least keep your blood pressure in check.

Cheers
Old 04-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Jim_McIntyre

So I should conveniently forget all our previous conversations on other sites?[sm=stupid.gif]

--------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so fresh start you want, fresh start you get.

Instead of discussing MAAC's flaws as you perceive them, let's start with a positive direction ... how would you improve MAAC?
Old 04-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Sharpy01

True fresh start does not include MAAC politics....... ask me after you answer this;

What are you building, flying this year?
Old 04-07-2005, 06:14 AM
Jim_McIntyre

Now we're talking.[8D]

Building:
We moved this year so a lot of shop time this winter included setting up shop...
Mostly, I'm trying to finish off a Pica Waco I was given about 7 or 8 models ago.

Then I'll be back to scratching a 30% Staggerwing.

Flying:
Other than some hanger rash (more like camping rash), the fleet survived last season quite well so, depending on the event I should be flying one of my scale planes, Helis, Fiunfly, electrics. Too many to list, there are pictures of many (not all) on my [link=http://scalebuilder.org]brag-site[/link]. Oh yeah, test flights for a spitfire and an SE5 are due when the field dries up a bit more.

What are you building/flying this year?
Old 04-07-2005, 06:20 AM
Randy Brown

Jim Jim Jim.. thats not a ARF

LOL

Looking good..and better topic

Randy

Now we're talking.[8D]

Building:
We moved this year so a lot of shop time this winter included setting up shop...
Mostly, I'm trying to finish off a Pica Waco I was given about 7 or 8 models ago.

Then I'll be back to scratching a 30% Staggerwing.

Flying:
Other than some hanger rash (more like camping rash), the fleet survived last season quite well so, depending on the event I should be flying one of my scale planes, Helis, Fiunfly, electrics. Too many to list, there are pictures of many (not all) on my [link=http://scalebuilder.org]brag-site[/link]. Oh yeah, test flights for a spitfire and an SE5 are due when the field dries up a bit more.

What are you building/flying this year?
Old 04-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Sharpy01

Seen both sizes of the WACO fly and flew the smaller version a few times. Good solid performer.

I'm not a huge bipe fan, but the Staggerwing is one I would consider building. I have a couple of sets of plans that a local gave to me that I've had out a couple times, but it's down on the list. .....................more of a matter of not on the financial screen for a while. Good retracts for them birds ain't cheap and I have trouble watching a plane fly gear down when I know it should be tucked away.

Will the beach be from your plans or others?

I'll attach a couple pictures of the clutter in my shop, should give you an idea that I'm all over the board on types, but WWI stuff is by far my favourites.

Tough past few winters for building, move( I feel your pain), teen and preteen, and career off in a busy direction (the real reason for my drop from MAACland politics ) ...bla, bla.

those excuses aside, have the wings of a 72" Fiesler Storch (electric......i think) on the board, a wee .10 size 109 (a needed grab-n-go Warbird) and the odd looking thing on the middle table is what I hope will be an excuse to fly toys at Work. It's a purpose built camera platform for aireal crime/crash/whatever scene photos. (Electric as well) THe cabinet with all the mailing tubes is full of plans ... I need more time and a lottery win ........ haven't been able to get on your brag-site yet, but will when time permits.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31724.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	255298   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99203.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	255299   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44116.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	255300  
Old 04-07-2005, 08:23 PM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Mr. Sharpy, do any of those airplanes fly?
Old 04-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Sharpy01

........the ones with covering do.

I can only manage flying about 4 at a time.

..........It gets hard to concentrate and fly safe after that 5th one get's airbourne.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Jim_McIntyre

Seen both sizes of the WACO fly and flew the smaller version a few times. Good solid performer.
This will be my second too, I had the 1/6 scale previously, yes, a solid performer, and damn nice looking too.

I'm not a huge bipe fan, but the Staggerwing is one I would consider building.
Now I understand why we fail to communicate well... Yet I see two biplanes in the pictures above.

Will the beach be from your plans or others?
From my own plans, drawn from factory plans a good friend managed to come up with.
I did borrow some ideas I found in the Marutaka kit, but the retracts are giving me fits.[]
[/quote]

I'll attach a couple pictures of the clutter in my shop, should give you an idea that I'm all over the board on types, but WWI stuff is by far my favourites.
Yet you say you don't like biplanes. Hard to find a non biplane in the WW1 era....

Yeah, I too am a collector of plans. I figure I'll be on this sphere for a few more trips around the sun, and I never know where life will take me... maybe I'll find enough time to build a few of them.[8D]

Electric eh? That's become my latest distraction as well. I have a few park flyers, and an indoor heli. I finished a 1/7 scale PT-19 last year but was a little disappointed with the performance so I grabbed a new coreless motor to replace the Sapphire Onyx with 3.5:1 gear reduction that's in her now.... If I can get reasonable performance, I may just have to try a larger twin, maybe a DH Rapide.[8D]
Old 04-08-2005, 08:18 AM
jdiprofio

And before my usual opponents chime in, yes, I am from "the centre of the universe" (Toronto area).
Now from the perspective of a "centre of the universe" native that has spent the last 16 years on the real east coast of Canada...I have to respond as follows....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Nice post Jim....

Cheers,
Joe
Old 04-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Sharpy01

.....typo .........forgot the second "I" ....WWII.

I said I was not a "huge fan", just not my favourite.......all aircraft are good.

I do like the Rapide. I'm a big fan of DH products, their plane always looked good just sitting on the ground. Those smooth eliptical surfaces as a touch of class to their designs(Mossie being my favourite) I've thought about that plane since I seen it live at the bush plane museum in Sioux St. Marie. They have a beut there. If you haven't seen it, McGrath could likely get some good pics for you. As I recall, there was an interesting story behind the aquisition from an estate and may still be in flying condition. They also have a recently completed Fox moth, which is another favourite.

http://www.bushplane.com/

Lots of respect for those who draw up their own plans. I've done a few myself, but only sport stuff that doesn't have any of the detail for true scale projects and know the work involved.

Old 04-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Jim_McIntyre

Nice location, it has been on my short list of places to visit.
Maybe I can fit it in this summer, along with the NOIC.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:18 AM
kevin mcgrath
My Feedback: (1)

Jim,perhaps the new N.O.O.S.E. meet in Sudbury would be more to your taste,since its one of the two new scale to MAAC rules competions in Eastern Canada.
The Scale committee chair has declined to come but I am going to do a personal invite of all of you on the scale committee and having a past Canadian Team member attend would be a real boost for the North particularly and competition scale generally.
I will be delighted to personnaly squire you through the Bushplane museum,and could possibley arrange a tour of the water bomber base too if you continue on to the Soo after Sudbury..........its an easy three hour max drive.You could go back through the US,and complete a circle tour with gas currently .69$C/litre converted at 1.22 in Michigan.
If its of interest Airdale limited is a short walk from my home and yesterday there were nine piston beavers there and multiple other light planes on floats,including a Fleet Canuck which I am not personnaly familar with but looks like it would make a first rate scale project
Old 04-11-2005, 08:52 AM
Jim_McIntyre

Thanks Kevin,

That's sounds like a good plan for a very interesting trip, I'll run it past the missus and see if it makes the schedule.

Hope to see you there![8D]