Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Can I fly an RC plane into Canada?

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Can I fly an RC plane into Canada?

Old 05-29-2005, 04:54 PM
chronister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I fly an RC plane into Canada?

Hello. I have been discussing the subject of Straight Line Distance flying in the Q&A forum. I decided to bring up a question in here since it pertains to Canadian regs.

If I want to fly an RC airplane in Canada, do I need a different radio frequency than would be used in the US? Do I need any permit or licence to fly RC in Canada? And the biggest question of all, how would I go about getting permission to fly a plane across the border? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Is MAAC like the AMA where your membership gives you liability insurance? Can I join as a US resident in order to fly in Canada?

Thanks!

Nathan
Old 05-29-2005, 09:54 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I fly an RC plane into Canada?

I doubt you can fly across the border. I flew a full-size sailplane across many years ago and even then had to land at the nearest airport and pay for US Customs to come out for an inspection.

MAAC and AMA are reciprocal... You can fly in Canada. MAAC members can fly at sanctioned events in the US. Same frequencies in use also.