Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

MAAC Membership Dues by C.C.

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

MAAC Membership Dues by C.C.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:02 PM
BCer-RCer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAAC Membership Dues by C.C.

I've been a member of MAAC for 15 years and have always paid my membership by cheque. This year I decided to pay it through the MAAC web site. That was on Nov. 1st. As of today, it has yet to be charged to my credit card.

Should I be concerned, or is this normal? The indication on the web site was that the transaction went through without problem.

I payed for three years and was hoping to have it paid up before the Christmas bills start to show up. I didn't pay the extra $5.00 for email notification of payment. I just assumed it would show up on my credit card in a few days.

Has anybody else payed recently with a credit card, and did it go through OK?

Jim
Old 11-18-2005, 02:43 PM
CP140

Default RE: MAAC Membership Dues by C.C.

I did mine on line a couple of weeks ago. I had my new card and patch within a week or so.... and it has shown up on my credit card..... []

Edit:Correct spelling mistrake.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Jim_McIntyre

ORIGINAL: CP140
I did mine on line a couple of weeks ago. I had my new card and patch within a week or so.... and it has shown up on my credit card..... []
Ditto.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:00 PM
britbrat

When I renew, I like to call the office & speak to our very helpfull staff.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:38 PM
kevin mcgrath
My Feedback: (1)

Hey BCer.........you arent going to get the answer to your question here........why not drop an email to the office and ask if there is a problem or get your Zone Director to check for you.
If you are on the mainland I know your ZD is away for a week so if you need help drop me an e-mail.
No as you can see delays this long are not normal and the online system has been working quite well.........
Old 11-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Jason Holdaway

MAAC dues? I doubt I'll be rejoining myself. Found myself a nice little airstrip where there is no BS.....but who knows.......
Old 11-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Jason Holdaway

and no, it isn't the money, it's the people.. At the AZM this year, from the time I walked in the door to meet the person who immediately confronted me and said "YOU need to pay your admission THERE" and no, I wasn't trying to get out of paying........I just walked in the FN door! I know there is a lot of good people in MAAC, a few are even in the SW zone.........but there are way too many people in this hobby that well....need a hobby.......I fly REAL planes as my other hobby, and the people there are far more relaxed.............
Old 11-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.............you had to pay an "admission fee" for an AZM?

Are you kidding us? [X(]
Old 11-19-2005, 08:45 AM
kevin mcgrath
My Feedback: (1)

This particular AZM is run in conjunction with a swap shop,but if a person was only going to the AZM I assume but dont know that there would be no charge.Hopefully what Jason means is that someone was a little rude with the directions.
There are lots of normal pleasant skilled members in this zone too just like any other.
There were approx 50 attendees at the AZM,and approx three hundred votes were cast so its clear it was a proxy battle,and allowing for juniors who dont vote there were approx 400 members who didnt vote or give their proxy to someone else.
It isnt correct or fair to paint MAAC black in any way because of differences of opinion in one zone.
I know some members here have short patience with any one who advises members to get involved if they dont like what is happening,but that is the only way change happens in a democracy,at least thats my opinion.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Jason Holdaway

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01

.............you had to pay an "admission fee" for an AZM?

Are you kidding us? [X(]
no kidding at all. If you want in, you pay. I went just for the AZM. I showed up 10 minutes before it started.

There wasn't one person a bit rude with directions. There were a lot of different events going on in the area at the time. I showed up in some horse show event, and couldn't have met a more pleasent parking attendent that was more then happy to assist me, unlike two nice ladies that were trying to find the dog show (with 2 very well groomed retrievers) that mistook the plane swap for the correct building. They were about 15' away from the door before a different guy, standing outside having a smoke said to them (rather snarly) "this isn't the dog show" must have had a lot on his mind because he forgot to offer any directions. I'm sure there are plenty of good people in the SW zone. Unfortunately it's the more outspoken ones that make the rest (yeah, the silent majority) look bad. I'm not painting MAAC Kevin. Even if I was, there are so many wearing rose coloured glasses that they wouldn't see it anyway. I truley hope the newly elected people will do a great job, and more importantly, I hope that they can come together on issues and stand together. But really, where you have Gerry, you have Chuck, where you have Chuck, you have Gerry. old blood, old issues. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

In other news, I found my new strip today, and three new student to teach.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:23 PM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: Jason Holdaway

In other news, I found my new strip today, and three new student to teach.

I suppose that you're gonna teach 'em to chase those poofy ribbon thingys. Even combat's better than quitting altogether. [:'(]

After you've taught them how to dig holes, teach 'em how to swim & bring em up here where the real men live. They can come to our June fun fly, & after that we'll have a float fly wingding (maybe we should avoid the "ding" part). [&:]
Old 11-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Jason Holdaway

I'm planning on attending that float fly. Might just take the whole week off. Is there any campgrounds in the area? I might be buying a trailer in the spring. I promised the wife we would camp at some other locations this year.

The only reason I even recruite new flyers is to fly combat. Is it legal to fly sport?
Old 11-19-2005, 04:51 PM
britbrat

I'm planning on attending that float fly. Might just take the whole week off. Is there any campgrounds in the area? I might be buying a trailer in the spring. I promised the wife we would camp at some other locations this year.

The only reason I even recruite new flyers is to fly combat. Is it legal to fly sport?

We have a float fly every week, so you can do two if you get your timing right. [8D]

Yup there are campsites -- free bears & racoons as well -- does Sandy like bears? []

Is it legal to fly sport? Beats me -- seems everything fun is illegal or immoral -- combat sure is immoral, so sport flyin' is bound to be illegal.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Morison

no kidding at all. If you want in, you pay. I went just for the AZM. I showed up 10 minutes before it started.
That could make for an interesting constitutional challenge. There is no way that you shoud have to pay to excercise your vote in the zone. Asking for donations at the door to recover costs of the hall is one thing - refusing entry without payment is wrong.