Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Airplanes-anybody build, fly, discuss them?

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Airplanes-anybody build, fly, discuss them?

Old 12-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Norm Nestie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airplanes-anybody build, fly, discuss them?

Good web site, but I was wondering if after all the discussion about feees, reglations, MAAC< MAAC, MAAC, the Nats. etc. etc. is there a forum to discuss engines, planes, flying, building etc . besides RCU? I may be wrong but Unionville, Page Aviation and other good Canuck companies/kits don't seem to merit much interest. Just wondering. Merry Christmas all.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Airplanes-anybody build, fly, discuss them?

Certainly Norm, the topic is whatever you want it to be. We tend to lean here for our political fix, but everyone is game to talk airplanes. Most of my stuff I build from plans,...... others, or my own. WWII is where my heart is happiest, but I've got a bit of everything from a .10 powered glider to a G62 powered Hurricane (under repair []) Lately, I spend too much time at work and more time running with a busy family than in the shop so I need to get on here once and a while to release my pent up balsa withdrawl hostilities.

.........not to mention, hang out with the "oldtimers" like Britbrat. I hear he's real old and real sensitive about it ..........so don't bring that up ok?
Old 12-21-2005, 07:49 AM
kevin mcgrath
My Feedback: (1)

www.rccanada.ca

thread on the unionville kits as we speak........
Old 12-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Jim_McIntyre

Yep, I'm a builder/flyer, I love classic aviation (pretty well anything with a prop, especially with multiple wings).

[link=http://www.rccanada.ca]RCCanada[/link] as already mentioned is a great site, also try these;

[link=http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/]RCScalebuilder[/link]
[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/]RCGroups[/link]

Or, the oldest hideout: rec.models.rc.air (plug this into your newsreader or, browse to groups.google.com and drill down).

... one I hope to complete for this spring:
Old 12-21-2005, 09:08 AM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01

Certainly Norm, the topic is whatever you want it to be. We tend to lean here for our political fix, but everyone is game to ------ hang out with the "oldtimers" like Britbrat. I hear he's real old and real sensitive about it ..........so don't bring that up ok?

Hi Norm -- I hope that you're not one of those bratty youngster types. [:'(] The little SOB's think that they can fly & chew gum at the same time.

Some of them hide behind a badge when I go to smack 'em around the ears. [>:] Then they give ya a ticket & go speeding off ta the coffee shop. []

I like any kind of bird -- full scale, or model. Most of mine are limited to 75 - 90 size because I use a car to transport them.

I love WW II warbirds, but alas, my favorite Spit shed a horiz stab @ ~ 100 mph -- I think it was one of those @#$%^&* kids shooting at it. The replacement is slowly grinding through the works.

I like designing & building from scratch, but these days I don't seem to have the time for that, so I engage in a lot of kit & ARF bashing -- turning a pigs ear into a silk purse.

Speed & wild aerobatics really turn me on.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol
Old 12-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Norm Nestie

My apologies all. I really missed the point. This is the MAAC forum within the RCU site. I think I was having an "old timers" moment (or afternoon). Of course, rccanada is the place to go for the 'plane' talk. Merry Christmas all. Norm