Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

SW zone unrest blog

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

SW zone unrest blog

Old 12-30-2005, 06:57 PM
canopener

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SW zone unrest blog

[link=http://southwestzoneunrest.blogspot.com/]SW Zone unrest blog[/link]

Propworn said...
This is a letter I am sending to the Board looking for some answers.

I no longer feel that the information coming from our present Zone Director Mr. Smith is complete or accurate. He has contacted our club president and announced that when he finally comes to attend our monthly meeting he will not be answering or addressing any questions on the present problems in our Zone. Many of us have been waiting to hear something official from the MAAC Board. I am officially asking these questions on behalf of myself and some of the concerned members of the Sunparlor RC Flyers hopefully to help clarify some of these issues.

1. Mr. Shaw must have made some sort of presentation for the 2005 Nats and if there are minutes covering that presentation I would like a copy.

2. The organizing committee including the Past Zone Director (Gerry Shaw), the present Zone Director (Mr. Smith) and the Deputy Zone Director (Mr. Johnson) continue to allude to a written agreement that designates that the profits from the 2005 Nats remain in the zone for seed money for future Nats. They have not provided any proof of such a document. Does one exist?

3. I have been told at the Annual Zone Meeting there was a $2000 or so profit from the 2005 Nats. This was submitted in the Nats report to the head office. Is this true?

4. I have heard that this money is no longer in MAAC’s control but now is being used to fund a private version of the withdrawn proposal for the 2006 Nats Is this true?

5. I would like a copy of the official final budget for the 2005 Nats.

6. I have just been made aware that volunteers working the 2005 Nats are now being asked to submit bills for expenses after the fact in an attempt to eliminate the declared profit of $2000. In fact one of the committee members was said to be gloating that not only would the profit be used up but an additional expense of over $4000 would be sent to MAAC . Has this happened?

7. I would like to see the written proposal for the 2006 Nats that was withdrawn at the 11’th hour.

8. Palmers declaration on RC Canada that the profits from the 2005 Nats were handed over to the Chatham club then given right back to CAC with the intention to use these funds to put on a private competition paralleling the now withdrawn Nats using the same time and location as the original planned Canadian Nats. Is this correct?

9. I am being told that the CAC club is a chartered club and this event is chartered through MAAC. Is this correct?

10. I know there are some members who paid 2005 entry fees for events that were canceled and have never received any form of refund as they were promised.

11. The original proxy sheets used at an Annual Zone Meeting are supposed to be returned intact to the MAAC office I would like to know if MAAC has received the ones from the South West Zone.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:30 AM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SW zone unrest blog

.........refer to bingo card in previous post.

...............and don't vote Liberal. [:-] As the old saying goes, "playing the same bingo card and calling the same numbers in the same order and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity"

....or something like that. [sm=bananahead.gif]