Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

"Toy Airplane" Crash on national news wire

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

"Toy Airplane" Crash on national news wire

Old 01-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Toy Airplane" Crash on national news wire

this one is on the national news wire

http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Cana...95914-sun.html

nobody hurt.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:08 PM
britbrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Toy Airplane" Crash on national news wire

I heard that it went into a graveyard. So far the death toll is 167, & they're still digging up bodies.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Sharpy01

lol.............that's bad

..........you a cop in a former life?
Old 01-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Jason Holdaway

ORIGINAL: britbrat

I heard that it went into a graveyard. So far the death toll is 167, & they're still digging up bodies.
That was in very poor taste Britbrat. If it wasn't so funny, I'd be very offended.

This guy gets national coverage, emergency services come out and everything. I have a hard time getting one or two people to help me look for my planes [:@]
Old 01-16-2006, 06:09 PM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: Jason Holdaway

This guy gets national coverage, emergency services come out and everything. I have a hard time getting one or two people to help me look for my planes [:@]
They know you.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Daryl Martel
My Feedback: (3)

Helluva thing this. It looks funny on the surface... but this is the kind of thing that can make people in local/regional government concerned. Emergency services were scrambled - this costs money. All of a sudden someone might ask - was there any risk to anyone from this crash - it's a big model! Unfortunately, all it takes sometimes is for that seed to get sown for the thought to grow. Our field is adjacent to the city "perimeter" bypass. Lots of people drive by and could potentially witness such a "crash". Personally, I think it's better to prevent these things from making the news... Trouble is, despite our best efforts gravity sucks! Maybe I'm thinking too deep on this - everyone likes seeing a good crash if no one gets hurt (well, in racing anyway). I get no enjoyment seeing others crash - better we're all successful in the hobby. Wonder why this one went in?
Old 01-18-2006, 01:27 AM
Time Pilot

That field is pretty well surrounded by farmland and has been there for as long as I can remember. As with all areas, development is occurring in the area. Here's a link to the club's site where the plane went down:

www.rcfcbc.com
Old 01-18-2006, 06:56 AM
Sharpy01

ORIGINAL: Daryl Martel

Helluva thing this. It looks funny on the surface... but this is the kind of thing that can make people in local/regional government concerned. Emergency services were scrambled - this costs money. All of a sudden someone might ask - was there any risk to anyone from this crash - it's a big model! Unfortunately, all it takes sometimes is for that seed to get sown for the thought to grow. Our field is adjacent to the city "perimeter" bypass. Lots of people drive by and could potentially witness such a "crash". Personally, I think it's better to prevent these things from making the news... Trouble is, despite our best efforts gravity sucks! Maybe I'm thinking too deep on this - everyone likes seeing a good crash if no one gets hurt (well, in racing anyway). I get no enjoyment seeing others crash - better we're all successful in the hobby. Wonder why this one went in?
One of those times when the "toy airplane" reference is a good one. Nobody get's too excited, everyone has a bit of a chuckle and it goes away after one news cycle.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:10 AM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01

One of those times when the "toy airplane" reference is a good one. Nobody get's too excited, everyone has a bit of a chuckle and it goes away after one news cycle.

Dunno 'bout that -- the body count is now up to 329
Old 01-18-2006, 10:33 AM
CHassan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think last year at the X-Flight Championship, Matt Chapman's aerobatic routine casued a few plane crash calls to go into the local 911 center.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:58 PM
BillS

This guy gets national coverage, emergency services come out and everything. I have a hard time getting one or two people to help me look for my planes
That's funny.

Bill