Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

The bill for the MAAC lawyer fees for the 2006 Nats / CAC stuff

Community
Search
Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

The bill for the MAAC lawyer fees for the 2006 Nats / CAC stuff

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 04:11 PM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The bill for the MAAC lawyer fees for the 2006 Nats / CAC stuff

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01

Anyone else getting the feeling (pardon the pun) that Ronnieo is typing this stuff without any clothing on? [&:]
Oh -- my-- gawd [:'(]
Old 02-03-2006, 04:13 PM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ronnieo1

Tomorrow I'll sober up and think of what a stupid idea.

???? --- Uh --- ????
Old 02-03-2006, 06:25 PM
jhelps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stateofmind

Thankyou for giving me Mr Smith's phone number. I had a very good conversation. He tells me that he has put a motion to the board to sit down with all parties and work things out. Apparently the board lead by a Mr Barlow voted down the motion. He said he has suggested a sit down with all parties 3 or 4 times. Sounds to me that the people involved don't want to get things settled. Makes you wonder.

mister smith did not say anything about the people involved but did enlighten me as to the events. It does sound like there is soure grapes based on what he said and what I read on this site.

If the people running MAAC aren't willing to sit down and talk, why are they spending membership money needlessly. Makes you wonder.

He did say that Propworn was nominated to run a 2006 national event but declined. Makes you wonder.
As you have had the benefit of discussion with Mr Smith, (and apparently not with your own ZD) perhaps you could enlighten us as to exactly what he thinks needs to be negotiated? Since he has apparently not answered questions from his own zone members we now turn to you for the information. My understanding is that there is an outstanding report from the last nationals due and a question of funds that apparently belong to MAAC. Not certain what we would have the board negotiate on those points but again perhaps you have some new info?

JH
Old 02-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Jason Holdaway

ORIGINAL: britbrat

ORIGINAL: ronnieo1

Tomorrow I'll sober up and think of what a stupid idea.

???? --- Uh --- ????
That's what I was thinking too. Maybe when he gets a few more beers in him he'll start making sense. Or maybe if I get a few more beers, a few tequila's some percs, some T3's and a few joints.........I'll understand it. But by then, I'll just giggle!
Old 02-04-2006, 12:29 AM
jhelps

ORIGINAL: jhelps

ORIGINAL: Stateofmind

Thankyou for giving me Mr Smith's phone number. I had a very good conversation. He tells me that he has put a motion to the board to sit down with all parties and work things out. Apparently the board lead by a Mr Barlow voted down the motion. He said he has suggested a sit down with all parties 3 or 4 times. Sounds to me that the people involved don't want to get things settled. Makes you wonder.

mister smith did not say anything about the people involved but did enlighten me as to the events. It does sound like there is soure grapes based on what he said and what I read on this site.

If the people running MAAC aren't willing to sit down and talk, why are they spending membership money needlessly. Makes you wonder.

He did say that Propworn was nominated to run a 2006 national event but declined. Makes you wonder.
As you have had the benefit of discussion with Mr Smith, (and apparently not with your own ZD) perhaps you could enlighten us as to exactly what he thinks needs to be negotiated? Since he has apparently not answered questions from his own zone members we now turn to you for the information. My understanding is that there is an outstanding report from the last nationals due and a question of funds that apparently belong to MAAC. Not certain what we would have the board negotiate on those points but again perhaps you have some new info?

JH
Had an additional though. It has been mentioned that in the past Mr Smith has used the threat of law suit to get his way. Perhaps he now wishes to negotiate because he ran up against a board unwilling to cave?

JH