Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Asessippi Airshow DVD / VHS on sale now

Community
Search
Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Asessippi Airshow DVD / VHS on sale now

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 07:05 PM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Asessippi Airshow DVD / VHS on sale now

The 2005 Asessippi Airshow DVD / VHS on sale now, other years avaliable on VHS, details at
[link=http://www.geocities.com/asessippi/airshowvideo]Asessippi Airshow Video[/link]
Old 03-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Mentor34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Asessippi Airshow DVD / VHS on sale now

No offense but doesn't $25.00 + taxes seem kinda high. You can get some of the professionally done videos for TOP GUN and the likes for less..[X(]

I can buy a bigscreen blockbuster video (TWO DISC BOX SET) that lasts 3+ hours with several uncut versions and additions for less.

We also have 1 hour cd videos done through our club of our members and events and we get charged $2.00 and that's all donated back to the club.

You can go to the Toledo show in April and get those same TOP GUN videos for about $15 or $18 U.S. right from the production companies.

I think maybe you should send me a free copy to evaluate[8D]
Old 03-01-2006, 08:14 PM
jhelps

ORIGINAL: Mentor34

No offense but doesn't $25.00 + taxes seem kinda high. You can get some of the professionally done videos for TOP GUN and the likes for less..[X(]

I can buy a bigscreen blockbuster video (TWO DISC BOX SET) that lasts 3+ hours with several uncut versions and additions for less.

We also have 1 hour cd videos done through our club of our members and events and we get charged $2.00 and that's all donated back to the club.

You can go to the Toledo show in April and get those same TOP GUN videos for about $15 or $18 U.S. right from the production companies.

I think maybe you should send me a free copy to evaluate[8D]
2.00 for a 1 hour CD? Clearly produced out of love as it does not nearly cover cost of production. Being involved in small video productions for some time I can tell you that costs are based on projected number of copies. TOP GUN probably sell upwards of 5000 copies which even then probably barely covers production costs. Editing time alone runs to over 80 hours for a 2 day event. think about it if I have 2 cameras shooting for 6 hours each day that's 24 hours of video that has to be gone through a minimum of 2 or 3 times during editing to choose scenes to use. Rough editing, final editing, sound, titles, etc and your easily into 3 or more weeks worth of work. How much is your time worth?

All in all $25 plus taxes is very reasonable for a short run of video's.

JH
Old 03-02-2006, 07:24 AM
kenair

HI,
The video is very good.
The price is $20.00, postage is $5.00 and then the tax. I'm posting the note on the video as a way for the Asessippi club to get the message out as Samtron does not have a web site.
Like Jeff says, spend all day Sunday setting up and shootign the video, many days of editing leading to sell X number of vidoes, it is no money maker for Samtron Videos but a very nice gesture to provide us a memory of the Asessippi Airshows.
cheers - ken
Old 03-07-2006, 10:23 PM
DSLarkin

Ken,

Thanks for publicizing this video. We've ordered one to be shown (if we get it in time) at the MAAC AGM during the dull period while registration is taking place. As it is reasonable to assume that the bulk of those attending will be from Ontario and Quebec, it will be a pleasure to be able to show a video showing what is going on towards the West.

At one point we had kicked around the idea of asking each ZD to bring a zone video with him, but at least this is a start.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:23 PM
kenair

HI Dave, you are welcome.
The videographer Ron Samchuk comes up to Asessippi as a favour to Harold & Steve (the Asessippi organizers) and films the airshow for free and may recoup some of his costs by selling a few copies but Ron does it more as a community service type of thing.

I hope you enjoy the video.
cheers - ken
Old 03-21-2006, 11:18 AM
DSLarkin

It's an excellent video. Jeff Esslinger kindly brought it, and it was shown at the MAAC AGM, during registration. It seemed to be very well received.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Donovan Dow

Afternoon Mentor34

Just ordered my Asessippi Airshow DVD video. Saw some of it at the AGM.

Been to TopGun enjoyed what I saw but would not order a video of it.

Would not drive to Toledo to get a discount on anything there.

cheers
don dow

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 03-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Mentor34

ORIGINAL: kenair

HI Dave, you are welcome.
The videographer Ron Samchuk comes up to Asessippi as a favour to Harold & Steve (the Asessippi organizers) and films the airshow for free and may recoup some of his costs by selling a few copies but Ron does it more as a community service type of thing.

I hope you enjoy the video.
cheers - ken
Donovan...
Well I thought that's very expensive especially seeing that he does filming for "FREE". That means the rest of his production cost are either WAY-OUTTA LINE or he's charging extra on the production fees to make up for his time spent filming for "FREE" and just telling you he's filming for "FREE" to make it only seem like a deal. Either way SOMEONE is benefitting financially from these sales. I don't mind paying for someones slight profit, but I'm not gonna help them finance their summer vacations yachting around their summer lakeside mansions while sipping back champaigne and caviar.
And Donovan.....I too would not travel al the way to Toledo for a video, but seeing that most of us are there for the "WEAK SIGNALS"
show anyway....there's no harm in buying one while you're there.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:25 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..............is there something in the water in Windsor or just too much stale air?

Geeeeezzzzzzz! It's just a frikkin video. Over 2 hours of good quality video, apparently with a fair bit of time spent editing, representing almost all aspects of the hobby. I hope the guy makes some profit................why the heck not? If his small market is satisfied with the product, how could this possibly be a bad thing?

I have an idea.............. don't buy it, if you don't want to.

Kaduh.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:40 PM
DSLarkin

As I mentioned, we showed it before the MAAC AGM and it was well received. I was too busy to really take it in then, but now I'm home, I've had time to start looking at it and I'm really impressed. Well worth the money. Only problem is that it is quite long so it is probably too long to show at a normal club meeting, however one could show it in sections over a few months.