Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

MAAC President Retires

Community
Search
Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

MAAC President Retires

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 06:01 PM
jhelps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAAC President Retires

http://www.maac.ca/view_news.php?itm=77

For those of us that were happy with Carl's leadership, while he will continue as past president, we will miss his guiding hand and the cohesivness he has brough to the executive. For those who wanted him gone, your wish has come true.

And so it continues ...
Old 03-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Applehoney
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: MAAC President Retires

A pity that Carl is stepping down but his reason(s) cannot be faulted. MAAC has benefited from his leadership; his guidance will be missed.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:17 PM
kevin mcgrath
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MAAC members should not get the wrong take on Carl,s decision.
He has been on the board and in various exec positions for ten years and actually did make his decision a year ago and the rest of the executive including me have known about it since then.
The current executive have been in office for a full two years and have always operated as a team including all decision making and reccomendations to the board.
In the main those team members are still available along with a very strong informed board with a healthy balance of veterans and new blood and we anticipate the new executive who the board will elect will continue with this team approach and continue the work of modernizing MAAC.
I must say I have a great respect for Carl,s ethics and abilities and I am very pleased that he has promised to be a very active Past President.
This is the time to thank Jim Pepperdine and Wayne Bransfield who have served on this same executive team.With a new Past President in place Wayne,s term in that position is finished.
Jim has announced that he is going on to other things too but is willing to continue in committee work .These two gentlemen brought a real balance to an executive that has served through some rough times .............Thank all three of you................
Old 03-11-2006, 07:22 PM
gingertoad

Carl,

Thank you for having the courage to play by the rules, regardless of all temptation to do otherwise. You formed the MAAC Executive and Board into a team. You were always honest, sincere and a perfect gentleman.

You showed true leadership for all of the two years that you served as president.

Enjoy your time with your family. You deserve a rest.

Richard Lyle Barlow
Old 03-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Carl.

The work you put in, particularly this last year, is likely make the next Prez's job a great deal easier.

Go and enjoy the hobby. Take care.

Cheers.

Marc
Old 03-11-2006, 08:24 PM
DSLarkin

Carl has given us many years of service as Zone Director, Executive member and President. MAAC is the better for his work. It hasn't been easy for him with the demands of his 'day job' and the responsibilities for his young family.

Here's wishing the Laydens all the best and our thanks for a job well done.

Dave Larkin
Old 03-11-2006, 11:48 PM
goldguy

Well, Carl......all of the above. In my stint as a ZD, I saw your leadership form a very divided board into a united one. I especially appreciated your work ethic and your friendship. I will always consider you one of my flying buddies.