Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

SW Zone Director

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

SW Zone Director

Old 04-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default SW Zone Director

We have a new South West Zone Director http://www.maac.ca/view_news.php?itm=80

Congrats Bryan now everyone has to activly support him as the ZD and let the zone heal and get on with this being a hobby.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:36 PM
britbrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SW Zone Director

Thank goodness. Congrats Bryan.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Refreshing to see a name that I don't recall seeing in any of the past kerfuffles.

A sincere wish of Good Luck to you, Bryan.

Hopefully, the players in past dramas will take a step back, go fly and allow Bryan a fair chance.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:02 PM
jonuck

I would like to remind the previous posters that the previous democratically elected Zone Director was hounded from his position and then ejected from membership without being given a chance to defend himself democratically ....... I personally will not feel comfortable with this move until a chance is given to all members to properly vote for a representative in a democratic manner.

jonuck, []
Old 04-14-2006, 03:20 PM
kevin mcgrath
My Feedback: (1)

I would like to remind anyone who is interested in the truth that the the "previously democratically elected zone director" was not "hounded from his position",far from it.He was asked and guided numerous times as to how to do his job correctly and ignored all pleas for cooperation.This is a matter of record contained in the minutes of the AGM,not just my opinion.
Further he chose to resign one week before the AGM thereby giving up the "chance to defend himself democratically" and incidentally taking the right to vote at the AGM away from virtually all the 700 voting members in his zone.
All members in all zones have the opportunity to vote for their representation at their AZMs in five months or so as normal.
We can only hope the election in the SW zone is based on the performance of the candidates whoever they turn out to be,rather than on politics.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:04 PM
jonuck

I would be most interested to be able to read the minutes of the last AGM ......... and would welcome a link or direction to these. I am not a personal friend of the previously elected representative for the South West Zone but I do know for a fact that he was subject to vicious personal attacks from individuals ....... as this could lead to legal action I will speak no more of this. I was present at the Zone meeting when the representative was elected with an overwhelming majority and at no time did he impress me with a lack of honesty or integrity. His response to election was to assure all of us of his commitment to the interests of the members of the South West Zone ....... this all must applaud ....... therefore I would seek some clarification as to the !QUOT! Plea's of co-operation!QUOT! from external sources. As a member of Maac in good standing I am most saddened by all of this Political infighting and as an aeromodeller of 60 years. There are obviously a lot of inequities in the infrastructure of Maac but there is none that can not be resolved by due democratic process and I fervently hope that this can come to pass.

jonuck

Old 04-14-2006, 07:21 PM
bbbair

I would be most interested to know who JONUNK is.

Making his debute to the RCU for the first time with some 60 years of modelling experiance and he is both confused by the AGM actions and in support of the former SWZ director... HELLO !! have we got ANOTHER false identity emerging here?[X(]

Is there a doctor in the house?
Someone capable of dealing with multiple personalities?
Denial?

JONUCK if we were to follow all of the laws of the land; the former SWZD could have been tossed long ago, and he would be doing some serious explaining to a judge about the whereabouts of some $2K of MAAC money that has never been remitted after the 05 Nats.

These facts have been discussed AT LENGTH in private and public - to date NO DENIAL or ACCOUNTABILITY has been forthcoming from the individual in question!!

So; on your first two posts - do not attempt to lecture the MAAC members about democracy in action...
Old 04-14-2006, 07:34 PM
kevin mcgrath
My Feedback: (1)

I too am more than saddened by the political infighting and total waste of time ,talent and MAAC,s money caused by this rift.
I do not understand your comment that there are"inequities in the infrastructure of MAAC" and as a matter of fact the constitution and bylaws are up to date and accepted by Corporation Canada as legal and binding for the first time in 50 years.
Due process was followed by the twelve board members who had to make the hard decisions to do what had to be done to protect MAAC,s interests and due democratic process was ,is and will be followed in everything the board does.
By the way this current board has five new members and is made up of some of the most honest, talented,and businesslike people it has been my pleasure to work with during my six years on the board,and this group will never be led by the nose I assure you.
Perhaps you dont understand that MAAC is not some pseudo political arena for people with strong opinions.It is in fact a Canadian Corporation and must be run by rather narrow rules,and not at the whim of he who yells the loudest and lasts the longest.
As far as the "vicous personal attacks": are concerned I suggest you take what steps you find necessary to get the facts and truth as to who attacked who.before making comments here..
The reasons for the action taken in the SW zone are a matter of record in the minutes of the AGM as I stated previously.
These minutes are available from your zone director,and the MAAC office.
Since you have not identified yourself I will accept your comments and assume your are a paid up member of one of the SW zone clubs and as such I reccomend you give your new zone director a chance ,and ask your questions of him instead of giving your opinions without proper research on public web sites.I believe Bryan intends to visit with any club in the zone who will invite him to one of their meetings and indeed he has already met with a couple and has at least three more meetings set up that I know of,so if he visits with your club why not ask your questions there?
Do you really believe that twelve honest ,unpaid volunteer board members would gang up on a brother zone director for no good reasons especially since the majority of them dont know him personally and have never met him,and know him only by his actions?
Old 04-14-2006, 09:51 PM
jonuck

I will reply by firstly treating the "bbbair's" post with the contempt it deserves. In response to kevin mcgrath's post I would thank him for a more civilised rejoinder and assure him I am not bouncing off rumour and inuendo but do sincerely aim to seek out truth and substance in all of this. My initial post was in response to what I saw as condemnation and denigration of a man who was democraticaly elected to office to represent the South West Zone ..... in this I have found no evidence to fault him. What I have seen is the ravings of individuals on this forum who must have a personal dislike of the man to an extreme. You ask kevin mcgrath if I believe that twelve honest unpaid board members would gang up on a brother Zone member ....... after what I have seen on this forum the honest answer is YES. With regard to Inequity .... there is no greater inequity than for a member to take the time and trouble to fill out a proxy form and then to ensure that it is delivered in the prescribed manner for a vote on an issue to have that vote negated by a system that allows one man to assume the votes of hundreds of members who did not take that time and trouble ....... no stretch of the imagination can call this equity.

I did not intend this initial response to be a vedetta one way or the other ...... my English heritage will not allow me to see a man castigated and denigrated without he be given a fair chance to defend himself which is what I am seeing on this forum. I am not an extremist or a radical but an ordinary Aeromodeller who enjoys building and flying Model Aeroplanes. I will retire to Bedlam and you can look to see me no more.

jonuck.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Applehoney

>without he be given a fair chance to defend himself which is what I am seeing on this forum.

Jonuck, perhaps you have missed the point that Mr. Smith, by his own free will, chose NOT to defend himself or his actions by resigning his position immediately before the AGM.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:57 PM
Sharpy01

ORIGINAL: jonuck

...... my English heritage will not allow me to see a man castigated and denigrated without he be given a fair chance to defend himself which is what I am seeing on this forum. I am not an extremist or a radical but an ordinary Aeromodeller who enjoys building and flying Model Aeroplanes. I will retire to Bedlam and you can look to see me no more.

jonuck.
What is understandable is someone, likely from the same club, typical of most who have little interest in the politics, who knows nothing more than what he has received directly from one very involved source.

jonuck............................... now is not the time to get interested in the politics. Allow your new ZD, who hopefully has no connection to the past goofyness, to mend some fences and get focus back on fun again.

We are all "ordinary Aeromodellers who enjoys building and flying Model Aeroplanes".
Old 04-15-2006, 09:04 AM
adaptabl

ORIGINAL: jonuck

I would like to remind the previous posters that the previous democratically elected Zone Director was hounded from his position and then ejected from membership without being given a chance to defend himself democratically ....... I personally will not feel comfortable with this move until a chance is given to all members to properly vote for a representative in a democratic manner.

jonuck, []

Give it up and move on. Interesting this is your first post.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Propworn

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: bbbair

I would be most interested to know who JONUNK is.

Making his debute to the RCU for the first time with some 60 years of modelling experiance and he is both confused by the AGM actions and in support of the former SWZ director... HELLO !! have we got ANOTHER false identity emerging here?[X(]

Is there a doctor in the house?
Someone capable of dealing with multiple personalities?
Denial?
YUP! YUP! YUP! I was thinking the same thing.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Jason Holdaway

oh come on guys, it can't be. this one's got an English heritage, he not from the US like that other guy.....or could it be???? I don't think .......(well maybe) he'd be dumb enough to try it again. Probably someone close though......

Maybe the webmaster could provide us with an IP address....
Old 04-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Sharpy01

No need. Mystery solved.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_23...tm.htm#2423604

Like I said, probably a local associate who doesn't have all the big picture poop. Regardless, it's quickly becoming old news.

Enjoy your flying Mr Perry. Control line, I believe is your passion. Fabulous. As for the politics, if you do decide to join the game, you may want to check the standings before taking the field.

For the record, I am of Ukranian Heretic ................... (did i spell that wrong?)

Cheers.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Jason Holdaway

cross of English, Irish Scottish here. The past ZD was not hounded from his position. He also had an opportunity to defend his actions. He chose not to. Wonder why? (not really, just saying that) If I was in the right, I'd defend myself........I believe that the person giving you your "facts" is ethier one of the few followers, or an idiot......same thing really..........
Old 04-17-2006, 04:20 PM
DSLarkin

There is a posting at what purports to be the MAAC SW Zone web site announcing a meeting to elect a new ZD, to be held in London in May. The site still shows Chuck as ZD although he has resigned. Notice of a Zone Meeting has to be given within 14 to 60 days and has to be given by written notice to each member or by publication in the MAAC magazine. Notice on a web site is not going to be enough. Those opposed to having Bryan Hewitt as ZD are entitled to call an Extraordinary Zone Meeting, but it has to be done correctly. And they will have to have enough votes to call for Bryan to be dismissed from his new job.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:12 PM
ISGUNN

I must say that is interesting.I went searching for that web site and cannot find it.It is sad to think that this may actually be in the works.It seems that those who cannot accept the former zone directors don't get it.To bad because they may sour an entire zone.This kind of thing created the SFA a while back in the states id di not do any good what so ever.I hope everyone in that zone really take a loooog look back at what happened and why.And guys,be real truthfull with yourselves.To me,my very humble opinion is that this is a case of egos out of control
Ian Gunn
Old 04-17-2006, 09:28 PM
bbbair

The Site that everyone should have is;

http://www.rccanada.ca/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23127

Please note the Fourth reply; Very well said 'Propworn',
I like your attitude!
Old 04-17-2006, 10:19 PM
jhelps

This situation has gone way beyond funny!!

Ever activity that these few undertake costs the organization money. Not certain what the bill in legal fee's and unaccounted money is now, but it is in the thousands, which comes from the pockets of every MAAC member. Enough is enough and I hope the BOD deals with this issue once and for all. If that means more individual expulsions or removal of club affiliations, so be it!!!!! Perhaps there is enough interest in the SW zone to start their own organization because it is becoming pretty bloody clear they do not wish to play nice in our sand box.

JH
Old 04-18-2006, 06:43 AM
300sflyer
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: jhelps

Ever activity that these few undertake costs the organization money. Not certain what the bill in legal fee's and unaccounted money is now, but it is in the thousands, which comes from the pockets of every MAAC member. Enough is enough and I hope the BOD deals with this issue once and for all. If that means more individual expulsions or removal of club affiliations, so be it!!!!! Perhaps there is enough interest in the SW zone to start their own organization because it is becoming pretty bloody clear they do not wish to play nice in our sand box.

JH
You are SO right Jeff! I sincerely hope that all this B... S... somehow ends real soon!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:04 AM
bkind

Ian I expect this site is the one Dave is referring too.

http://www.swzone-maac.com/

Brian
Old 04-18-2006, 07:23 AM
ISGUNN

Thank you guys.After looking at this site,the one thing that comes to mind is that this is no longer a legitemate MAAC site.Therefore,in my very humble opinion,could be deemed as illegal and possibly open a door for legal action by MAAC.I'm no legal begal by any stretch of the immagination but passing ones self off as an official representative of an organization may border on fraud.I hope those who are behind this take a big step back and really think about what they are contimplating doing.Their actions could do some permanent serious damage to modeling in their zone and possibly nation wide.It also seems that none of them are learning from history nor have they really read and understood the constitution and bylaws as registered under the corperation act.
Cheers guys,
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
Old 04-18-2006, 10:35 AM
adaptabl

ORIGINAL: jhelps

JH
How sad it has come to this. I believe you may be right.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:24 PM
DSLarkin

The legal fees quoted at the AGM weekend were of the order of $5,000

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.