Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Kitchener/Waterloo Scale Rally Sept 9-10

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Kitchener/Waterloo Scale Rally Sept 9-10

Old 09-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kitchener/Waterloo Scale Rally Sept 9-10

Hi,

Just an update on the KW Scale rally this coming weekend.

First, the event is meant to be a scale rally "fun fly". The requirements are to have fun and fly safely - it is a great get together for pilots. All planes must be scale or stand-off scale. There are prizes for the pilots.

This year we are again going to have three excellent raffles prizes, one for the beginner pilots and the second one is a beautiful plane for experienced pilots. The beginner plane will be the Mustang trainer with engine and radio, the more "experienced" plane will be a Pitts Special, with a Fuji 50, radio with 100 oz servos. The third raffle item will be a BBQ.

On Saturday at 1pm there will be a flying demonstration for an hour (scale and novelty), a full scale antique fly-by, and a demonstration by one of the world leading model helicopter pilots. We also have a special "Candy Bomb Drop" for the kids where the kids are on the sidelines yelling at the plane to drop the "bombs" (for some reason the plane has to make several passes, and lots of yelling, before it can drop the candy) - once the "candy bombs" are dropped, the plane flys a safe distance from the field, and the kids are released to make a mad dash to get as many candies as they can.

Friday night will be a corn roast with a wine and cheese for the pilots.

Saturday night we are bringing in a "Pig Roaster" for the evening meal and advance ticket sales order form is available online at: www.kwflyingdutchmen.com

A map to the site is also at the above address.

Following the Saturday night evening meal, will have planes and helicopters lit for the night flying demonstrations. This is always well attended, be sure to bring a lawn chair and a sweater. If you have a "night flyer" wirh lights, we would like to see you fly as well.

The Waterloo Farmers Market is close by, shopping is close by, restaurants (fast food and other) are also close by.

There will be vendors on site, with other modellers selling equipment as well.

You can park your trailers on site, and on-site camping is also available administered by the WR&GC (Waterloo Rod and Gun Club). Some arrive early at mid week to get some practice in and socialize with the members.

If you need anymore information on any of the above, or need any assistance, please let us know, we will gladly do what we can to help.

If you attend any of the above events, please take the time to introduce yourself to me, or any of the KWFD membership. We look forward to seeing you there!

Again, if we can assist you with anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller, MAAC 6166-L
Pres. KWFD

=======================

I just received the following directions and hotel information from Paul Brine the Contest Director for the KWFD Scale Rally, just incase someone may need it.

=======================

Hi Wayne:

See below. I pulled together directions from Mapquest from the 401 to the
field. I have also included the hotel list from the flyer.

If anyone wants to use mapquest the address to use is: 1075 Bo-de Lane,
Woolwich, Ontario

Paul
====
ยท Exit 401 at HWY-8 W (EXIT 278) toward KITCHENER / WATERLOO
ยท Take the HWY-7 E exit to GUELPH / HWY-85 / WATERLOO.
ยท Take 85 N / CONESTOGA PKWY toward WATERLOO.
ยท Take the REGIONAL ROAD 15 exit toward ST. JACOBS.
ยท Turn LEFT onto RR-15 / KING ST N.
ยท You will go past the Stockyards/Farmers Market
ยท Turn LEFT onto LOBSINGER LINE / RR-15. (At the Esso Station, just past the stoplights)
ยท Turn RIGHT onto THREE BRIDGES RD (at the sign for the Waterloo Rod & Gun and KW Flying Dutchmen).
ยท Turn LEFT onto BO-DE Lane and follow it to the front gate of the Waterloo
Rod and Gun.

Some of the hotels in the area are:
WATERLOO
Destination Inn 547 King St. N 519-884-0100
Comfort Inn 190 Weber St. N 519-747-9400
Waterloo Inn 475 King St. N. 1-800-361-4708
Best Western 50 Benjamin Rd. E. 519-884-9295

KITCHENER
Mayflower Motel 1189 Victoria St. N 519-745-9493
Howard Johnson 1333 Weber St. E. 519-893-1234
Guest Inn Motel 2933 King St. E. 519-893-7011
Knights Inn 2808 King St. E. 519-893-6641
Comfort Inn 2899 King St. E. 519-894-3500
Holiday Inn 30 Fairway Rd. S. 519-893-1211
Sherwood Motel 2830 King St. E. 519-893-6122
Radisson Hotel 2960 King St. E. 519-894-9500
Heidelberg Motel Lobsinger Dr. Heidelberg 519-699-4413
Kitchener Motel 1485 Victoria N. 519-745-1177

Old 09-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Default RE: Kitchener/Waterloo Scale Rally Sept 9-10

... and an excellent event it is ... on my short "never miss" list. [8D]
Old 09-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the promotion!

I've talked to both hobby shops in town and they will be running "show specials" at the event, we have had campers and trailers trickling in since Tuesday for on-site camping so I'm expecting a good turnout - hopefully the weather will be kind to us.

Look forward to meeting you again. See ya there.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller
Old 09-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Just got home and unpacked. The weather co-operated desoite the weatherman's best efforts. [8D]

A superb time as always. If you missed it you missed one of the best weekend events of the year. Those Kitcherner guys sure know how to put on a show. Kudos! ... and thanks for making my weekend! [8D]