Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

edmonton area clubs

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

edmonton area clubs

Old 12-16-2007, 07:41 PM
chrisp32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default edmonton area clubs

hey guys im new to the hobby and have been flying most of the summer but am looking to join a club in the spring or maybe sooner. i live in the edmonton area and am looking for some suggestion or recommendations on the clubs in the area. i fell this is the best move because i will allways have a great place to fly and also open the doors to a wealth of knowledge and meet some great people.

chris
Old 12-17-2007, 08:26 AM
bkind

Default RE: edmonton area clubs

Hers a link for clubs in alberta.
http://www.maac.ca/clubs/clubs.php?zn=1
Brian
Old 12-17-2007, 12:02 PM
wkevinm

Chris

There are several clubs in the Edmonton area, as the other reply suggests. The ERCS club has served the area for a long time and has some great people in it. They currently have 3 fields, and as I understand it will one or 2 of these fields will be phased out in favour of a new field they are developing Noth East of Edmonton (probably north of Sherwood Park), this field I am told promises to be among the best for the district. The ERCS club web site is a great place to see what is going on in that club.

I personaly have belonged to several clubs over the years and each one has it's own character.

Your best choice is likely a field that is close to you until you find your interests draw you to a specific type of club. Lots of people belong to more than one club, for the social element.

Regards, and welcome to the hobby.

Kevin M
Old 12-17-2007, 08:32 PM
chrisp32

thanks guys that helps. i will look into that all further and i am excited to learn more stuff about flying. also if anyone in the area wants to get together to fly in a park or field let me know
Old 12-19-2007, 06:48 PM
wkevinm

Chris

Are you aware of MAAC and the associated governance for our hobby in Canada. You do not need to belong to a club to be a member of MAAC, although it is beneficial. MAAC offers affordable insurance and has a number of rules for flying RC airplanes. For your protection and that of the hobby you would be best to look into it if you have not done so already.

Kevin M
Old 12-19-2007, 08:42 PM
chrisp32

i will look into it further thanks for the advice