Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

North Dakota - Minnesota

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

North Dakota - Minnesota

Old 07-16-2008, 11:50 PM
turbo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North Dakota - Minnesota

To our friends an hour south, in North Dakota, and to my fellow Minnesotan’s

Gimli Model Fest offers a fantastic experience for the entire family. check it out www.gimlimodelfest.com

Days of flying and a Sunday Airshow, to show off the hobby (sign up, get your show going) ,,,, a premium event.

www.gimlimodelfest.com

GMF attracts 100+ pilots from all over central Canada. Great restaurants, beaches, ice cream and flying site. Tour the harbor of one of the largest lakes in North America. Something for the entire family.

This summer is the 25th anniversary of a Boeing 767, gliding in for a landing,,,, yes gliding, for nearly 150 miles with both engines dead. Gimli is a historic aviation town and now a very popular summer retreat for RC enthusiasts.

See you there

Jeff Esslinger
VP Model Fest Group Inc.
Zone Director Model Aeronautics Association of Canada.

Warbird nut............... (warbird fly in of the north????? 2009???? let's talk!!!)
Old 08-17-2008, 11:10 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: North Dakota - Minnesota

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought you guys might be announcing a planned invasion . I looked up the story about the Gimli Glider, fascinating! Your event sounds like lots of fun and a great excuse to tour your beautiful country, hope you have a great turn out.