RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   M.A.A.C. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m-c-350/)
-   -   The bill for the MAAC lawyer fees for the 2006 Nats / CAC stuff (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m-c-350/3799877-bill-maac-lawyer-fees-2006-nats-cac-stuff.html)

j79 01-20-2006 07:57 AM

The bill for the MAAC lawyer fees for the 2006 Nats / CAC stuff

Will MAAC members be provided a full accounting of the bill from the lawyers. [link=http://www.rccanada.ca/bb/viewtopic.php?t=20537&start=90]from the can[/link]

And, oh yeah, I almost forgot. I REALLY, REALLY HOPE my MAAC fees are not paying the lawyers' fees in this debacle.

I have a good idea who should be paying though...

W

Of course your MAAC fees,and mine,are paying for the legal advice.
Where else do you think the $ would come from?

"Never pick a fight with seven men when all you are packing is a six shooter" Sherman Potter.

kevin mcgrath 01-20-2006 09:45 AM

RE: The bill for the MAAC lawyer fees for the 2006 Nats / CAC stuff

All MAAC financials are open to and discussed at length with its board of directors(your zone directors) who make the financial decisions.All budgets are published .There are no secrets.
Are we going to publish the specific legal costs on a public web site for the entertainment of the people on the site.......?
Not likely.

Ed Smith 01-20-2006 08:20 PM

Are we going to publish the specific legal costs on a public web site for the entertainment of the people on the site.......?
Not likely.
Thank you for your mercy!

Ed S

Kevin Perry 02-01-2006 07:34 PM

Gee ...here is new one ....

Heaven forbid that all parties actually sit down and work things out , outside a court .This would be tons cheaper than inside the court house.

I say as MAAC members ..we ask the MAAC board to sit down with the other parties and give an honest try to work things out .

I have talked to Chuck and he has said to me that he is more than willing to sit down with the MAAC board and work things out .

The olive branch has been offered .....will the MAAC board take it and act or will they drop the ball ??

KP

Sharpy01 02-01-2006 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Kevin Perry

Heaven forbid that all parties actually sit down and work things out , outside a court .This would be tons cheaper than inside the court house.

I say as MAAC members ..we ask the MAAC board to sit down with the other parties and give an honest try to work things out .

I have talked to Chuck and he has said to me that he is more than willing to sit down with the MAAC board and work things out .

The olive branch has been offered
KP

ROFLOL....... good one. :)

Kevin Perry 02-01-2006 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01

ORIGINAL: Kevin Perry

The olive branch has been offered
KP

ROFLOL....... good one. :)

Hey ..you never know ..maybe you can get things rollin Sharpy ;)

Now that would be a true para dine shift :)

KP

mustang one 02-01-2006 08:27 PM

Thankyou for giving me Mr Smith's phone number. I had a very good conversation. He tells me that he has put a motion to the board to sit down with all parties and work things out. Apparently the board lead by a Mr Barlow voted down the motion. He said he has suggested a sit down with all parties 3 or 4 times. Sounds to me that the people involved don't want to get things settled. Makes you wonder.

mister smith did not say anything about the people involved but did enlighten me as to the events. It does sound like there is soure grapes based on what he said and what I read on this site.

If the people running MAAC aren't willing to sit down and talk, why are they spending membership money needlessly. Makes you wonder.

He did say that Propworn was nominated to run a 2006 national event but declined. Makes you wonder.

jhelps 02-01-2006 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Stateofmind

Thankyou for giving me Mr Smith's phone number. I had a very good conversation. He tells me that he has put a motion to the board to sit down with all parties and work things out. Apparently the board lead by a Mr Barlow voted down the motion. He said he has suggested a sit down with all parties 3 or 4 times. Sounds to me that the people involved don't want to get things settled. Makes you wonder.

mister smith did not say anything about the people involved but did enlighten me as to the events. It does sound like there is soure grapes based on what he said and what I read on this site.

If the people running MAAC aren't willing to sit down and talk, why are they spending membership money needlessly. Makes you wonder.

He did say that Propworn was nominated to run a 2006 national event but declined. Makes you wonder.
Please recognize that there are two sides to every story, especially in an issue which is so emotionally charged. You have heard one side, please contact your own ZD for the other (the TRUTH will likely be somewhere in between :eek:). This is not a recent development nor a new set of names at the table. Indeed it is the same names over and over again. Without unbiased opinion in my possession I would tend to lean towards supporting the majority of the BOD especially in light of the apparent 12 to 1 vote. Also recognize that in many cases where one side is "willing" to "sit down and talk" it is because they probably shouldn't have taken that position in the first place.

Jeff

mustang one 02-01-2006 09:16 PM

from what I have read, propworn comments, the letters propworn put up on the site, and based on what mr smith said, I don't believe it is fear of taking a position. It sounds to me that some people have gone way over board in there comments. Rcc has accusations of money laundering, theft, misappropriation of funds. A member of the board from Quebec, even printed false information on the web site. I mean what figure is true, 12000 or 2000 sounds to me or more importantly read by me that this guys position is good.

I think they better start talking or it is going to cost us the membership a pile of money

anywhay I did not come here to discuss BS, This is about an event. So I think I will start a new thread since this one has gone to pot

j79 02-01-2006 09:48 PM

Apparently the board lead by a Mr Barlow voted down the motion. He said he has suggested a sit down with all parties 3 or 4 times. Sounds to me that the people involved don't want to get things settled. Makes you wonder.
if I were a bettin man I would think Mr Barlow is postitioning himself as a future maac president

Sharpy01 02-01-2006 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Stateofmind

............or they got tired of having their butts chewed by the same sets of teeth. [sm=drowning.gif]

It's called learning. ;)

DSLarkin 02-02-2006 10:49 AM

Apparently the board lead by a Mr Barlow voted down the motion.
Apparently someone does not understand how MAAC works nor even who is who on the MAAC Executive.

While leadership is provided by the MAAC Executive, major decisions have to be made by the MAAC Board and this is what happened in this case. Richard Barlow does not 'lead the MAAC Board'. He is the Vice President. Carl Layden is the President.

I don't know all the ins and outs of this, but from where I sit there was ample opportunity to work out a solution with the Board before this situation got out of hand.

acenomore 02-02-2006 12:22 PM

Richard Barlow does not 'lead the MAAC Board'. He is the Vice President. Carl Layden is the President.
Has somebody told Richard this.

kevin mcgrath 02-02-2006 01:22 PM

I dont really know what the question means,and I dont know why Im bothering to answer a typical contributor who hides his identity.
Richard views his position as one of a very tight executive team,charged with the day to day running of MAAC,and totally answerable to the board.
All executive activity is team accomplished ,and is transparent to the board.
No one on the MAAC board or executive has put more effort into his zone or the executive team than Richard.
How do I know all this? I am on the board and exec with him,talk to him virtually every day,and run out of steam trying to keep up with his activity level.
Do we always agree? Not a chance,and sometimes the discussions can be very spirited,but MAAC members are very fortunate to have a very strong board and executive currently typified by Richard.

britbrat 02-02-2006 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: j79

Apparently the board lead by a Mr Barlow voted down the motion. He said he has suggested a sit down with all parties 3 or 4 times. Sounds to me that the people involved don't want to get things settled. Makes you wonder.
if I were a bettin man I would think Mr Barlow is postitioning himself as a future maac president

Being the Vice President, Richard has a reasonably good idea that he doesn't "lead the board". When he returns from an overseas vacation, he is also going to be greatly surprised to learn of his new ambitions, as suggested by j79, although it sounds like a good idea, if and when Carl ultimately gets tired of the abusive crap from a particular few.

Sharpy01 02-02-2006 01:41 PM

I for one would like to declare my 92.307692% confidence in the current board. ;)

RC_MAN 02-02-2006 04:59 PM

Sharpy you crack me up.

Say something positive for a change. :eek: Or do I have to get Ronny to show you how:D

britbrat 02-02-2006 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: RC_MAN

Sharpy you crack me up.

Say something positive for a change. :eek: Or do I have to get Ronny to show you how:D

Go for it!!!!! This should be wildly amusing:D

Sharpy01 02-02-2006 06:31 PM

Positive? I can't get any more positive than that. I'm being honest because there is 7.69231% of the board that I am not confident with.

....... [>:] oh, no, not Ronny!!!!!!!! please...............how will I compete? .................. did I say "compete"? [&:]

britbrat 02-02-2006 06:57 PM

Sharpy, don't run away screaming -- we want to watch this :D

Sharpy01 02-02-2006 10:20 PM

... suddenly, I feel uncomfortable.......... [&:]

jhelps 02-03-2006 12:03 AM

Uncomfortable eh?

Da ....... Du

Da ....... Du

Da ... Du

Da..Du

Da Du Da Du Da Du Da Du

Da Da DUUUU

(Say it out loud for full effect)

Jeff

ronnieo1 02-03-2006 03:49 PM

OK...that's it Sharpie!!! Arms up!!!...hands against the car!!! drop'em..yes, drop 'em...HEY...what's this here???.....Heck!!!...what's Ken's wristwatch doing up there? LOL.

Sharpy01 02-03-2006 03:52 PM

Anyone else getting the feeling (pardon the pun) that Ronnieo is typing this stuff without any clothing on? [&:]

ronnieo1 02-03-2006 04:03 PM

My clothes are on...but my beer is empty, time to go get some more...ah...what entertainment!! Actually, all this talk I'm hearing from ol Sharpe is now making sense...maybe the 'ol fart was right all along, and I missed it somewhere in my haste to condemn 'im. Four more beers and I'm gonna nominate him for Prez of MAAC. Tomorrow I'll sober up and think of what a stupid idea.