RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   M.A.A.C. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m-c-350/)
-   -   AGM Resolutions from Feb MAACmag (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m-c-350/3905811-agm-resolutions-feb-maacmag.html)

Sharpy01 02-13-2006 01:42 PM

AGM Resolutions from Feb MAACmag

Well, just received my lastest MAAC Mag and it's loaded with AGM stuffs. All the recommendations and resolutions that will be dealth with, plus the most detailed financial statements I have ever seen posted by the association and the proposed by-law rewrite.

With regard to resolutions. (those items that actually change constitution/bylaws):

Even I'm a wee bit surprised by the number of resolutions dealing with the removal/revoking of directors/membership/committee members etc.

#'s 3, 7, 9, 10, 12,13, 15, (There are 19 in total)

These come from more than one zone and the gist of most of them sound like:

"7. Be it resolved that any membership may be suspended up to 90 days or terminated, by a 2/3rds majority vote of the board of directors provided that the conduct of the member is found to be prejudicial to the corporation. The member shall have an opportunity, upon written notice to the president of the corporation within 30 days after formal notification, to show cause why his membership should not be suspended or terminated. "

Gee, I wonder why this has become a hot-button issue in recent times?

sivlE 02-13-2006 03:29 PM

RE: AGM Resolutions from Feb MAACmag

I was at the last AGM and what gets my goat is that the ZD proposes all of these issues including the one about letters of aplology puts them to vote and then claims that they are acting in accordance with the requirements Sw zone membership. Maybe they should have secret votes rather than a show of hands, that way people can vote the way they really want to instead of being scared to vote against the ZD's BS.
Just my opinion.

DSLarkin 02-13-2006 03:33 PM

One can get excited over this, and it's fun to stir people up, but the reality is that for these resolutions to have been put forward - the initiative must have been taken quite a time ago - before the current gerfuffle. As far as I know, this was just something we should always have had in our by-laws but didn't.

mustang one 02-13-2006 05:24 PM

sivlE Date 2/13/2006 8:29:55 PM
I was at the last AGM and what gets my goat is that the ZD proposes all of these issues including the one about letters of aplology puts them to vote and then claims that they are acting in accordance with the requirements Sw zone membership. Maybe they should have secret votes rather than a show of hands, that way people can vote the way they really want to instead of being scared to vote against the ZD's BS.
Just my opinion.

It was in your power to call for a secret ballot, it appears you did not. why blame others for something you did not do[sm=bananahead.gif]

Jabba 02-13-2006 05:59 PM

ORIGINAL: sivlE

Just my opinion.

First John it was an AZM not a AGM that is coming, you should go.

NEXT I doubt that you or any other SW zone member is SCARED to vote!!!

PLUS your WRONG on who made the motion about the aplology, it came from a member of YOUR CLUB, (my club too) NOT from me, Chuck, or Gerry.

mustang one 02-13-2006 06:15 PM

This guy sivil really gets a lot of things wrong

britbrat 02-13-2006 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Stateofmind

This guy sivil really gets a lot of things wrong
Considering that you can't even spell his name, who are you to pass enlightened commentary?

Propworn 02-13-2006 07:50 PM

Ever notice that Jabba and Stateofmind dance in tandem. One posts and the other seems to back him up. Or one gives someone a shot and the other chips in like a sock puppet.

Could you guys answer a question why the proxies and the registration for the zone meeting sivle is talking about have never been turned in to MAAC head office though this stuff has been asked for several times?

EH Palmer Eh Chuckie?????????????????

Propworn 02-13-2006 08:02 PM

It was in your power to call for a secret ballot, it appears you did not. why blame others for something you did not do[sm=bananahead.gif]
This turkey would have us believe he is from somewhere other than Tillsonburg looks like some one is having a hard time keeping anything straight any more. Sneaking around in the shadows with your super hero tights on backwards man doncha know the potato is supposed to go in the front not the back. Not the sharpest pencil in the box are ya?????????????[sm=drowning.gif][:-]

Jason Holdaway 02-13-2006 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Propworn
Could you guys answer a question why the proxies and the registration for the zone meeting sivle is talking about have never been turned in to MAAC head office though this stuff has been asked for several times?

EH Palmer Eh Chuckie?????????????????
Hadn't heard that one. Maybe they haven't finished rewriting it yet to suite their needs....errr......I mean the wishes of the zone.......as they believe them to be.

Sharpy01 02-13-2006 11:38 PM

Noted absent in the lastest MAAC mag was any SW zone report ...........nor a scale committee report?

None submitted?

....or was it a matter of content?

It seems bad form not to submit anything in the face of all the controversy centered around the current leadership there. It would further be incredibly bad form, and disturbing, not to submit AZM proxies if that is fact?

[sm=pirate.gif]

sivlE 02-14-2006 08:18 AM

sivlE Date 2/13/2006 8:29:55 PM
Just my opinion.

Yes you are absolutley correct, I could of called for secrect ballot. The reason I did not is because I was unaware at this time of all of the politics going on and thought that the membership would do the right thing and not be pressured into voting the way the ZD wanted. Again I was wrong it seems eh?

sivlE 02-14-2006 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Jabba

ORIGINAL: sivlE

Just my opinion.

First John it was an AZM not a AGM that is coming, you should go.

NEXT I doubt that you or any other SW zone member is SCARED to vote!!!

PLUS your WRONG on who made the motion about the aplology, it came from a member of YOUR CLUB, (my club too) NOT from me, Chuck, or Gerry.
Palmer that is NOT the way I remember it. Maybe that is the way in which is was recorded in the minutes. I think that at the next AZM I might bring a camera crew and tape the whole thing so the people who are absent can draw their own conclusions.

mustang one 02-14-2006 10:48 AM

Sivile is once again accusing the SW ZONE of running an incorrect zone meeting. For the record, the October 16, 2005 SW Zone meeting Was conducted in the proper manner according to the bylaws of MAAC and the procedures outlined in Kerr and King.

ALso for the record, John please stop vilifing me on these web sites, For the record,

Jason, there was no theft of 2000 dollars.

Charles Smith
SW Zone Director

Propworn 02-14-2006 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: mustang one

Sivile is once again accusing the SW ZONE of running an incorrect zone meeting. For the record, the October 16, 2005 SW Zone meeting Was conducted in the proper manner according to the bylaws of MAAC and the procedures outlined in Kerr and King.

Charles Smith
SW Zone Director
Well the $2000 plus was declared as profit at the AZM why was it not handed in to MAAC?

As long as the proxies and the voter registration for that zone meeting have not been handed in to MAAC as required by Corporations Canada and requested by MAAC how can you claim a correctly run zone meeting???

Why is there nothing in the MAAC mag from you, our zone director or from you, as scale chairman? I would think this issue of all issues leading up to the AGM would be the one that should not be ignored. Maybe you are spending too much time defending and promoting the defunked CAC which by the way you claim not to have an interest in to do your primary job that you were elected too.

Sharpy01 02-14-2006 11:58 AM

ALso for the record, John please stop vilifing me on these web sites, For the record,

Jason, there was no theft of 2000 dollars.

Charles Smith
SW Zone Director
Welcome. Good to see some light in the shadows.

Are we now able to clear up a couple of matters?

I haven't noticed any answer to a couple of outstanding questions. To start, how about dealing with a couple directly from this thread?

1. What was the profit of the 2005 NATS and where are those funds currently located? I don't think anyone seriously considers that such funds were "stolen". More a matter of personality headbutting and hard feelings.

2. Have the proxies from your AZM been submitted to MAAC HQ?

mustang one 02-14-2006 12:07 PM

As long as the proxies and the voter registration for that zone meeting have not been handed in to MAAC as required by Corporations Canada and requested by MAAC how can you claim a correctly run zone meeting???

please provide the audience the section in Corp Canada where this statement is

Maybe you are spending too much time defending and promoting the defunked CAC which by the way you claim not to have an interest in to do your primary job that you were elected too.

My job as Director is to promote the actions of the members of this zone. Just because you do not believe these members are worth helping does not mean I share the same view.

Why is there nothing in the MAAC mag from you, our zone director or from you, as scale chairman?

personal choice,

defunked CAC

not so, these MAAC memers are doing a fine job of creating a new contest for all MAAC members

Dennis, since the only contribution you wish to make to this zone is arguementitve comments, this is the last you will be hearing from ME

Applehoney 02-14-2006 12:15 PM

>there was no theft of 2000 dollars.

Absolutely not.

It's just been retained ....

Morison 02-14-2006 12:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01
Noted absent in the lastest MAAC mag was any SW zone report ...........nor a scale committee report?
None submitted? ...or was it a matter of content?
None submitted.

For the record, all columns are subject to editong for content, and the author is generally offered a chance to re-submit a column if significant changes are needed. MAAC's policy is to not allow blatant politicking in the magazine.

300sflyer 02-14-2006 12:39 PM

How bout the MAAC Zone Directors manual.

http://www.maac.ca/docs/doc_zd_manual_e.pdf

Page 12.

mustang one 02-14-2006 12:42 PM

So keith are you stating that you disallowed my input to the mag this time. this is what your statement would lead one to believe.

Morison 02-14-2006 12:56 PM

So keith are you stating that you disallowed my input to the mag this time. this is what your statement would lead one to believe.
Read my post again Chuck, and stop being so paranoid.

NONE SUBMITTED ... is what I said.

Had I chosen to disallow or had I sent it back for revision, as I have done with other columns from you and others, I would have said that. The reason I went on to clarify the magazine's position on editing content was to show that no one is free from being edited ...

It shold also be noted that the editing decisions are made to reflect direction given to me by teh board and executive, and any borderline columns are submitted to the executive for 'approval.'

Applehoney 02-14-2006 12:59 PM

>None submitted.

That seems a clear enough succinct comment from Keith.

So, how can one assume that input was disallowed, if there wasn't any ....

Which there wasn't, by your own 'personal choice' .....

Possibly too busy promoting the actions of a very small minority of your zone?

>this is the last you will be hearing from ME

Oh, we wish, we wish ... in more ways than one.

britbrat 02-14-2006 12:59 PM

Charles Smith
SW Zone Director

Uh Chuck -- that would be vilifying (I presume), otherwise what do you mean "vilifing"?

Propworn 02-14-2006 01:14 PM

Dennis, since the only contribution you wish to make to this zone is arguementitve comments, this is the last you will be hearing from ME
As part of the Zone Directors Manual in bold so you cannot miss it Chuckles. I ment the constitution as your legal council has stated in one of his letters your intent is to follow the constitution as you are so bound as a zone director.

FORMAT FOR AN ANNUAL ZONE MEETING
MAAC bylaws state that all annual zone meetings shall be held in the fall of each
year so that you can have your minutes to the office no later than October 31st.
It is suggested that you collect a sufficient number of proxies ahead of time to assure
a constitutional meeting (a quorum = 5% of your open and senior membership).
Remember to poll existing committee chairmen in your zone to verify whether or
not they wish to stand for another year. Include results in your minutes.
PROVIDE A SIGN-IN SHEET All members should sign including their MAAC number.
This list is to be sent to MAAC headquarters along with the proxies and minutes.

Still haven't answered the part of the profits from the Nats 2005 and your bull about " this is the last you will be hearing from ME" is nothing more than your typical solution when you cannot or will not answer the questions that are asked of you.