RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   M.A.A.C. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m-c-350/)
-   -   SW zone Rez No. 17 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m-c-350/3905841-sw-zone-rez-no-17-a.html)

Sharpy01 02-13-2006 01:54 PM

SW zone Rez No. 17

SW zone's No. 17 is another interestingly timed resolution.

Regarding the Dissolution of MAAC:

Currently in the event of MAAC demise, any funds left over are donated to the NAtional Aviation Museum.

changed to:

" Should MAAC, for any reason be disolved, any funds remaining after all proper and legal accounts have been settled shall be divided equally amoung the existing members registered with the corporation."

This one begs the question; "Why the heck would anyone be thinking of this enough to propose a change?" [:-]

bbbair 02-13-2006 02:53 PM

RE: SW zone Rez No. 17

The answer is obvious;

Once this is passed then they have a real reason to destroy MAAC and feast upon the carcass... it is called "Motive". [:o] [:'(] [&o]

ronnieo1 02-13-2006 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: bbbair

The answer is obvious;

Once this is passed then they have a real reason to destroy MAAC and feast upon the carcass... it is called "Motive". [:o] [:'(] [&o]

Is MAAC going somewhere that we dont know about?

mustang one 02-13-2006 05:28 PM

so what are you saying bbbair, that MAAC is a dead animal

Jabba 02-13-2006 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01

SW zone's No. 17 is another interestingly timed resolution.

Regarding the Dissolution of MAAC:

Currently in the event of MAAC demise, any funds left over are donated to the NAtional Aviation Museum.

changed to:

" Should MAAC, for any reason be disolved, any funds remaining after all proper and legal accounts have been settled shall be divided equally amoung the existing members registered with the corporation."

This one begs the question; "Why the heck would anyone be thinking of this enough to propose a change?" [:-]

The SW Zoned figured it should go BACK to the membership and NOT to Charity as it now says.
Thats the short and the long of it....period.
Why Sharpy01 do you think you should get it all? [>:]

Sharpy01 02-13-2006 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Jabba

Why Sharpy01 do you think you should get it all? [>:]
Absolutely.

....... just seems like a "who cares" issue unless there is some concern that MAAC is going down?

... Stateofmind? .......chuckle.....

Applehoney 02-13-2006 06:50 PM

In the very unlikely event of MAAC's demise in my lifetime I'd much prefer to see any funds go to the museum.

SW won't get my vote at the AGM

Jason Holdaway 02-13-2006 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01
... Stateofmind? .......chuckle.....
Oh come on, it says right in his profile that he's from Charlottetown, PE. Then again, maybe it's giggles, not chuckles.

Morison 02-13-2006 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Jabba
The SW Zoned figured it should go BACK to the membership and NOT to Charity as it now says.
Thats the short and the long of it....period.
Unfortunately, I beleive that dispursal back to the membership would change the status of the association from not for profit to for profit (the members are gaining from the dissolution of the association) and the governement would wind up with the lion's share of the proceeds. Even having this in the plans might be enough for the association to loose its not for profit status, costing us a pile in taxes annually.

but that's just food for thought

Ed Smith 02-13-2006 08:32 PM

Is it not ironic that the very people who are withholding Money that does not belong to them are now demanding more money that does not belong to them. I have to assume then that in the unlikely event of MAAC's demise the missing $2000.00 and change would be returned to be shared with members.

Ed S

bbbair 02-13-2006 10:05 PM

Just when things were starting to get civilized, the same old group of antagonists from the SWZ find a NEW way to stir the pot. [:'(]

Create Chaos and Anarchy - to prove to everyone that the Old System is inadequate, therefore we have to tear it down and make a NEW ONE, BETTER and Stronger!!

This was the same sort of stuff that was coming out of Germany in 1936. Does anyone in the SWZ have a really bad hair cut and stupid looking little moustache?? ;)

Do I see a trend here? :eek: