RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   M.A.A.C. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m-c-350/)
-   -   RCCANADA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m-c-350/5682507-rccanada.html)

Ed Smith 04-08-2007 04:58 AM

RCCANADA

Has the RCCANADA site gone for good?

Ed S

bkind 04-08-2007 07:22 AM

RE: RCCANADA

I suspect it is a server problem. The MAAC website is down also.
Brian

Michel 04-08-2007 07:41 AM

Hi
Is there any way that we can get more info on this ?

Mike

Frank M Klenk 04-08-2007 09:42 AM

If you know Jason's email you could ask him. Then post here. Crap weather, RCC is down, man what a long weekend .........................
Cabin fever is driving me nuts! More building time I guess. [8D]

Oshawapilot 04-08-2007 10:44 AM

There's a post over at RCGroups indicating that others are finding it down as well. I thought initially that maybe it was an ISP problem on my end (especially since maac, another .ca domain) is also down, but with more and more people reporting this across the country (and in the US) it's definately a server problem.

I ran a whois and got some contact information and such but aside from an email to Jason (for which I've received no response yet) i'm not going to pursue it any further. One would assume that he knows it's down by now.

The whois queries also explain why both the MAAC and RCC sites are down - they're both (curiously enough) hosted at the same provider - jnltech.ca. The fact that the hosts actual website isn't even resolving either right now (!) makes me wonder even more what the heck is going on.

Myself, I'd have already pulled my database and root directory and setup shop elsewhere by now, at least temporarilly...but of course there could be lots going on behind the scenes that we're not privvy to...but just sayin'.

What worries me is that the domain name isn't even resolving to an IP address anymore, so it's not even like the server is just offline and not serving pages, but something even messier has occurred with the host themselves. Even when the site comes back online it could take a day or three for the updates to propogate across the 'net so everyone can access the site again.

Of course, this happened about 10 minutes after I got a really important PM in my inbox over there regarding an item I'm buying from someone. Ugh.

JimBrown 04-08-2007 11:05 AM

Hey guys,

Jason is the webmaster for both RCCanada and the MAAC site, and I believe both sites are hosted at the same location. Jason is also the admin contact for JNLTech. The DNS servers (operated by JNLTech) for the web sites are also not responding.

My guess is that there has been a communications failure somewhere close to Jason's servers. A cut line or a router failure. It could be his own equipment, or it could be the ISP he is connecting through.

There are some fairly severe storms in the Atlantic provinces at the moment which may be the cause of the outage.

I'm sure RCCanada will be back soon.

Regards,
...jim

Oshawapilot 04-08-2007 11:11 AM

Ahh, ok. As usual I'm immediately the pessimist. :)

Lets hope it's back up and running soon - I'm really looking forward to getting that PM.

Ironically enough I visited the website linked in his earlier PM (and he appeared to be the organizer/webmaster) so I could have probably contacted him through that site instead, but I completely forgot the website addy now....it was based in Saskatchewan and was for a Heli get together of some sort.

Anyhow, the wait continues!

Michel 04-08-2007 11:35 AM

Hi
Thanks Jim ,

Mike ;)[8D]

Frank M Klenk 04-08-2007 12:21 PM

Hey Jim

Ya, I wondered if the storms may be causing problems too. I'm sure Jason is on it. Probably working like a dawg getting it up and running again. Patience, we just have to be patient.

Frank

JimBrown 04-09-2007 09:17 AM

It's a bit interesting isn't it. We have become so used to the "Intarweb" always being there, that when a problem does rear its head, we tend to think the world is ending. Heh.

I keep an eye on the forums that the web hosting company I use for my web site provides, and you should see the screaming that sometimes occurs when one of the servers goes down for a half hour. Of course, with shared server web hosting, there are usually 200 to 300 web sites on one server. There's bound to be a few webmasters with no patience. Heh again.

Later,
...jim

boberos 04-09-2007 04:37 PM

APRIL 9 . It's Running now.