Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

SPARKS Hosted a Terrific Warbird Funfly and Swap Meet! 10-30-2010

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

SPARKS Hosted a Terrific Warbird Funfly and Swap Meet! 10-30-2010

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 08:44 PM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default SPARKS Hosted a Terrific Warbird Funfly and Swap Meet! 10-30-2010

Good day/night people:

All day Saturday, I participated in a War Bird Fun Fly and Swap Meet at a very nice RC Club known as the South Pinellas Aeronautical Radio Kontrol Society (SPARKS) at North St. Petersburg, Florida. It is exactly 1.5 hours of driving for me from Orlando, Florida and wow it was the best $10.00 admission fee I have ever spent as the food was first rate and all home cooked by the CD and other Club members and the RC Club is just fantastic with power stations at each table and tables are super large. They even had a raffle for a large 73 inch Black Horse AT-6 and other prizes plus an auction should you really wanted to get rid of a few items.

Here's their web site:
[link]http://www.sparksrc.org/[/link]

Due to my vehicle size constriants, I came with my Park Zone T-28 "Airforce" Trojan with the Master Airscrew 3-blade (10 X 7 X 3) and using some cheap EFlight Power 25C Discharge, 3-Cell, 2200mAH Li-POLYs, I was able to really impressed a few at this RC Club. Landing after the First Flight people started to come by and inspect my Trojan and finally turning to me in disbelief asking me if my Trojan had the STOCK Park Zone 480 and I replied YES! They looked at each other in disbelief! I also came with my modified Park Zone F4U Corsair with the Model Motors AXI 2826/10 swingint the Master Airscrew 3-Blade 9 X 7 X 3 and what a performer as all had to stop and look at this small park flyer perform like a larger model !

All day long it was blowing about 10 MPH and gusting to 12 MPH (Cross Wind) and no one seemed to want to fly and so, I went out for my 2nd flight and commanded my Trojan to perform a Knife edge all around their field and over their runway run as I was the only one flying they gave me that flexibility to fly pretty much free style but, noting the boundaries of the adjacent Highway (I-275) and Rosavelt Road. Now, we got even more people coming to the table after I landed and placed my Trojan on the table to get it out from the Florida hot Sun. It was amazing how many people came to look over my model as they just could not believe it was STOCK out of the box![:@]

I also came with my Large FMS P-51D Mustang and waited until 3:15pm to fly it as the wind finally died down a little but, still Cross Wing 90 degree from runway run. She took off nice and was able to demonstrate the flap action and everyone was amazed on the Slow flight characteristics and even allowed the large lady to fly a little side slip as passed by the field with all that cross wind! Commanded her to do rolls, loops and again flap action again and then after 6 minutes using the new EM 4-Cell, 2650mAH, 25C Li-POLYs she landed on one wheel like Bob Hover and it looked fantastic as she finally settled down on all mains.

Here I am next to my large lady and the other Park Zone model.

Amazing Day!....[X(]

I can honestly say that I will not miss any other events when it comes to this RC Club (SPARKS) as they were super friendly, organized and best of all they forced you to have FUN!

At SPARKS looking North:

At SPARKS looking South:

Warbirds:

A View within the Club house / Shade:

More Warbirds:

This large Sop Camel went for $600 including Engine and all accessories!!!