Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR DMSS (JR's own 2.4)

Old 11-13-2010, 10:42 AM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR DMSS (JR's own 2.4)

JR DMSS (JR's own 2.4)

Who can translate this?

What are they saying about DMSS(JR) and DSMJ(Spektrum)

http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/jpn/product...mss/index.html

Old 11-13-2010, 05:37 PM
slarty

Default RE: JR DMSS (JR's own 2.4)

They are saying that DMSS and DSMJ are not compatible.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:13 AM
pitstop000

Thanks, any other news about DMSS that you can share?
Old 11-14-2010, 10:29 AM
snuts

Being the USA, the bind and fly, and all other offerings by Horizon Hobbies will be DMSS. Which work just fine.
-Snuts-
Old 11-14-2010, 10:44 AM
pitstop000

ORIGINAL: snuts

Being the USA, the bind and fly, and all other offerings by Horizon Hobbies will be DMSS. Which work just fine.
-Snuts-
Can you elaborate on this statement about DMSS and bind and fly?
Old 11-14-2010, 12:48 PM
snuts

Horizon Hobbies, promotes and sell Spektrum DMSS . Also knowen as Spektrum 2.4 Ghz. Which is a good system. Therefor all their Bind & Fly are DMSS or Spektrum, and J.R. (north american) compatable. Exsample DX7, or J.R. 9503.
Hope this helps, -Snuts-

DSM2, is Bind and fly.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:32 PM
DougV

Snuts,

DMSS is based on JR's new "FHSS" system, not compartible with Spektrum's DMS2.

Doug.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:13 PM
snuts

Spektrum, USA has gone frequency hoping? You are right I was talking about DSM2.
Does this make my 9503 close to obsilecant already?
-Snuts-
Old 11-14-2010, 03:01 PM
ballistic1
My Feedback: (27)

Maybe this will help clear things up

To Our Valued JR Customers:

During the recent BMFA Nationals, a new JR 7 channel radio system using DMSS was shown by our UK distributor. This system uses a technology that is incompatible with DSM2 in order to meet a market need where DSM2 is not available to JR. Unfortunately, several individuals made statements that JR finds very misleading and require correction.

JR remains committed to future development with DSM technologies and to our customers who currently own JR equipment using the DSM standard. JR will continue to manufacture, sell, and support DSM equipment in all markets currently allowed by agreement.

It is our goal that this communication clears up any questions about JR’s intentions and that JR remains confident in and committed to the future of DSM technology around the world.

We thank you for your continued support.

Kind regards

Mooney Takamura.
International Sales Manager
JR Propo
Old 11-14-2010, 03:28 PM
slarty

Means diddly squat ....

JR are not allowed to sell or market DSM2 products less than 9 channels due to a distribution agreement with Horizon. JR have released the DMSS system to address this need to get back into the sub 9 channel market.

in all markets currently allowed by agreement

JR will continue to manufacture the 9 channel, 11 channel and 12 channel DSM2 products, but let's see what Horizon do shall we ? I forsee a moment in time when the 9 channel system from JR will drop off the product listing. Remember that Horizon own Spektrum and have released the DX8 to market. The DX10 will not be long in coming.. followed by ??

JR will be re-releasing the 11X with embedded DMSS probably next year.

I cannot really see Horizon bringing in a non-compatible system to their DSM2 systems.

I may be very wrong but only time will tell.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:18 PM
pitstop000

ORIGINAL: snuts

Spektrum, USA has gone frequency hoping? You are right I was talking about DSM2.
Does this make my 9503 close to obsilecant already?
-Snuts-
Snuts, I do not think your 9503 with DSM2 RF (Spektrum/Horizon) is close to being obsolete. I believe that there is no fear of that. Your 2.4 RF is a Spektrum product; paying attention to what Spektrum/Horizon does is more relevant to users of these radios than what JR Propo (Japan) does, unless distribution agreements change.

All JR radios since the development and use of the 2.4 Mhz band have been using Spektrum/Horizon RF under license/Agreement, DSM2 / DSMJ

This DMSS is JR’s own 2.4 Mhz system, all information leads us to believe that. This is a frequency Hopping system but is not Spektrum’s.

Spektrum does have a frequency Hopping system that JR has been using in the 11x and 12x which is labeled DSMJ, but not readily available in Horizon’s markets.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:30 PM
pitstop000

ORIGINAL: ballistic1

JR remains committed to future development with DSM technologies and to our customers who currently own JR equipment using the DSM standard. JR will continue to manufacture, sell, and support DSM equipment in all markets currently allowed by agreement.
This letters means little to nothing, just more questions for those who know what questions they should be asking.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:00 PM
slarty

Exactly.... answered with Politician speak. Answers the question without actually answering the question.

But to allay anyones fears, DSM2 is here to stay for many years yet, HH & Spektrum have too much invested to switch to a new system.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:28 PM
P-40 DRIVER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is just my opinion based on what I see, and has little to do with any real facts. JR is using the least reliable 2.4 system out there, which is going to kill them if they don't go to there own frequency hopping system in the near future and get away from the spectrum system altogether. They are killing themselves by not offering a complete line of radios. This is a marketing disaster for JR in the long run. You had the impression that there stuff was some of the best out there, but that image is tarnished now. They really have themselves in a bind with no easy solution.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:35 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: P-40 DRIVER

This is just my opinion based on what I see, and has little to do with any real facts. JR is using the least reliable 2.4 system out there, which is going to kill them if they don't go to there own frequency hopping system in the near future and get away from the spectrum system altogether. They are killing themselves by not offering a complete line of radios. This is a marketing disaster for JR in the long run. You had the impression that there stuff was some of the best out there, but that image is tarnished now. They really have themselves in a bind with no easy solution.

I agree 110% with what you said but I do think JR will come out with a new line and dump the DSM2 in the near future. I think since JR was either making and or designing
the Spektrum radios they were making money either way no matter what the badge on the radio was. However it has turned out to be abad move not having their entire line
available in all markets and made worse by the lost confidencein the DSM2 system that many are complaining about.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:38 PM
pitstop000

ORIGINAL: P-40 DRIVER

[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 12-17-2010, 05:26 PM
CPS

Is there anybody knows when the JR will show more advanced DMSS radio,like XG-12 or XG-11?
Old 12-17-2010, 08:35 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: CPS

Is there anybody knows when the JR will show more advanced DMSS radio,like XG-12 or XG-11?
JR will not release that info untill its they feel its in their best interest to do so but im guessing they will have to do something soon if they want to keep up with
the other major players in the radio market.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:17 AM
CPS

Yes,I have tried to accept the "F" radio recently because JR didn't show further development about the advanced DMSS radio.I have used the JR radio for 20+ years and I am always pround of it until it use DMS2 2.4G modulation.I hope to hear good news from JR soon.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:43 PM
slarty

Hopefully the XG11 will appear early next year.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:45 AM
CPS

Yes.I believe many JR fans have nearly lost their patient and confidence,esp. those who need more channels and reliability for their Jet , large scale ,and garsoline airplanes.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:08 AM
pitstop000

ORIGINAL: slarty

Hopefully the XG11 will appear early next year.
Well it looks like the receivers for the 11 are pretty well set.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61798.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1588124