Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Maidened my 71" Slick yesterday :)

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Maidened my 71" Slick yesterday :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 05:30 AM
CRFan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maidened my 71" Slick yesterday :)

Well, I manned up and maidened the slick yesterday afternoon! Did three flights of 8 minutes each. I meant to bring my iPad for video but in my excitement, forgot the damn thing.However, a guy from the club did take some video with his camera and said he would send it so stay tuned.

Some observations:

I have the motor tuned very well think.....no popping except at the very bottom (which is normal) and it just ran beautifully. After the first start of the day with choke, it literally started on the first flip each time after (no choke)! Flying wise I dedicated the first flight to trimming it out. That consisted of 4 clicks of up and one click of right aileron. The next two flights I rung it out a bit and did the usual rolls, stall turns, loops and a couple snaps. I am flying it on low rates (per the manual) and it was very manageable. CG seems to be spot on...a very small amount of nose heavy, which is how I like it. Lots of power! Flies very precisely. Best of all, the landing were ridiculously slow and easy!! Overall, I absolutely LOVE his plane and look forward to getting to know it better.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:21 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Maidened my 71

Glad to hear that the maiden flight went well and that you are quite pleased with the model. Which engine are you using and what's the AUW of the model.

Karol
Old 08-11-2011, 08:53 PM
vegasjbug
My Feedback: (69)

Way to go CRfan1. Told you would love it. Mine came in at 10lb with a canister. What's your weight?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:45 AM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

What engine & prop are you using?
zx32tt
Old 08-12-2011, 05:04 AM
CRFan1

Sorry for the late reply! I just weighed my plane using a digital fish scale and it comes in at 10.3 pounds. Pretty happy with that!

I am using the DLE 30 with a Xoar 20x6 prop

Gonna go out and fly it more today.

Vegasjbug, thanks for your help it really made a difference for me!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:16 AM
vegasjbug
My Feedback: (69)

Just glad I could help out. Enjoy your new bird and don't be timid when it comes to trying something new with it, blender, wall, etc. The plane may be small in size but it's big in performance.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:21 AM
CRFan1

ORIGINAL: vegasjbug

Just glad I could help out. Enjoy your new bird and don't be timid when it comes to trying something new with it, blender, wall, etc. The plane may be small in size but it's big in performance.
hehe...I am finding that out....doing more with it every time I take it up.

http://youtu.be/65ZsGdbvfn0

Old 08-16-2011, 08:25 AM
kerwin50

Nice plane, I'm looking at thier 41 inch edge to pratice with so I'm not so hard on my 30 ccer
Old 08-17-2011, 04:14 AM
CRFan1

ORIGINAL: kerwin50

Nice plane, I'm looking at thier 41 inch edge to pratice with so I'm not so hard on my 30 ccer
Hehehe...I am doing the same...looking at the 42" slick (whenever the new one comes out) or the EF 48" Edge 540 EXP

Old 08-17-2011, 11:09 AM
kerwin50

Yeah I seen a video of Aron Bates I think, doing a driveway huck with a 41 inch Edge followed by another video with a 104 inch 3DHS.
I'd love to be able to take off an land on my driveway.
Actually I have my own flying field that is about 120 ft long, that I'm hoping to be able to land my 30cc MX on, right now the biggest plane I can land on it is the 60 sport plane.