Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Will this brushless motor work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 04:12 PM
jrowles91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this brushless motor work?

Hey all, been some time since I've posted here but I'm ready for my new adventure. I have an Emaxx 3906 that I currently have set up for water/snow. EVX2, Titan 775, Trx waterproof steering and gear servos. I'd like a little more speed and power and was thinking of this:

Traxxas Velineon esc which is rated at 3s and 200a continuous along with http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m214-3674-2800kv-6t.html

That will get me around 33mph with a 20t pinion and 66t spur AND keep me waterproof without modification of any parts. Now I know some people have had good luck with running the complete Velineon/ VXL systems and this motor is larger and stronger than the Velineon 3500kv motor.

Based of size alone it's 4mm smaller in diameter and 2mm shorter in length than my T8 Tekin RX8 motor, so I figure it should suffice for the Maxx.

Any input from you all?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:40 PM
meef rustler

Default RE: Will this brushless motor work?

No it will not. It will be slow and have no torque. It will also overheat the motor. Get a 1/8 scale brushless system.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:16 AM
jrowles91

ORIGINAL: meef rustler

No it will not. It will be slow and have no torque. It will also overheat the motor. Get a 1/8 scale brushless system.
What's the difference in the 8th scale systems over this one?
Old 08-11-2011, 10:27 AM
jrowles91

ORIGINAL: meef rustler

BTW this IS classified as an 1/8th scale Off Road brushless motor.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:33 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The VXL will end up dying from being overheated. The E-Maxx is a 1/8 vehicle so get a 1/8 brushless setup.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:53 AM
jrowles91

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

The VXL will end up dying from being overheated. The E-Maxx is a 1/8 vehicle so get a 1/8 brushless setup.
Does anyone else make a more suitable 8th scale "waterproof" esc? I don't know if I'd trust myself into taking apart a perfectly good esc to waterproof it.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:58 AM
ajb1205

Some use Velineon systems in their larger, 1/10th or 1/8" scale monster trucks but I cannot see them getting very good performance or being very reliable at all. You could install 2 Velineon systems but it's not the easiest, plus, by the time you buy a couple of them you could have afforded one 1/8" scale system and been much better off IMHO. I don't believe anyone makes a 1/8" scale setup that is totally waterproof, though. Save up, install something like a MMM or Tekin combo...you won't regret it.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:58 AM
jrowles91

ORIGINAL: ajb1205

Some use Velineon systems in their larger, 1/10th or 1/8'' scale monster trucks but I cannot see them getting very good performance or being very reliable at all. You could install 2 Velineon systems but it's not the easiest, plus, by the time you buy a couple of them you could have afforded one 1/8'' scale system and been much better off IMHO. I don't believe anyone makes a 1/8'' scale setup that is totally waterproof, though. Save up, install something like a MMM or Tekin combo...you won't regret it.
I hear ya. I already have a Maxx with the RX8 in it. It's great, but it also rains and I like driving near streams and puddles and stuff. Right now it's brushed and has been completely submerged for several minutes with no ill effects. I'm just looking for some more power! And brushless is more efficient than brushed.