Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Gyrobot 3-axis gyro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Gyrobot 3-axis gyro

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 06:49 AM
SpiderJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gyrobot 3-axis gyro

Just curious.
Does somebody here have real hands-on experience with the Gyrobot ? Good ?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 AM
gerhard

Default RE: Gyrobot 3-axis gyro

perfect- more than 120 flights, 70 flights with turbine jet, 50 flights with carf extra 2,12. go for it

gerhard
Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 AM
lookilook

Hi Nicolas, a friend of mine is using it in Cyprus on his sebart Katana for a year now and he is very happy, he has also purchased one for his jet and i also bought it for my TD viper....not finished yet.

Rgds Nicos
Old 11-12-2012, 09:33 AM
cairoman

ORIGINAL: lookilook

Hi Nicolas, a friend of mine is using it in Cyprus on his sebart Katana for a year now and he is very happy, he has also purchased one for his jet and i also bought it for my TD viper....not finished yet.

Rgds Nicos
He knows him! It's Mario, the Astronaut!

Chris
Old 11-12-2012, 10:01 AM
lookilook

hehe you'll never change Chris.!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:35 AM
POWER JET
My Feedback: (3)

I was wondering,why ,you guys do you need a gyro?
You don't know how to fly the planes?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:28 PM
cairoman

ORIGINAL: POWER JET

You don't know how to fly the planes? [img][/img]
Άλα....τα δυνατά σχόλια!!!!!

The reason for using three axis gyros, is to stabilise your toy, when you perform manoeuvres, your toy is not capable of and Mother Earth keeps calling it back!

Αντε νανάκια τώρα!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:08 PM
rcand

Knowing how to fly may mean you can take off and land without doing repairs or it could mean you look like an expert. For the majority of us how are in-between the 2, the gyro makes it look like we are experts, or at least better than those who can fly but are not smooth in their manuevers or look like experts.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:23 PM
POWER JET

Γιατι παρεξηγηθηκες φιλε Κυπριε?Οποιος εχει την μυγα μυγιαζεται λεει μια παροιμια και την επιβεβαιωνεις πληρως απο οτι φαινεται!!

I know what a gyro do my friend!! But it seems you don't know how to fly so you need the help from electronics!!
I never use a gyro even if the plane was 3D or a jet.
If you afraid the gravity then you better go to the moon and fly free!!

Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
POWER JET

Old 11-12-2012, 10:01 PM
POWER JET

Double post... please delete...
Old 11-12-2012, 10:21 PM
POWER JET

ORIGINAL: rcand

Knowing how to fly may mean you can take off and land without doing repairs or it could mean you look like an expert. For the majority of us how are in-between the 2, the gyro makes it look like we are experts, or at least better than those who can fly but are not smooth in their manuevers or look like experts.
I fly rc airplane models for 20 years now!I never used a gyro!Never needed!The secret is practice...practice...practise.!!!
You don't need the electronics!!Learn how you to stabilized your aircraft by your hands and not with a gyro!!
The gyro will make you a worst pilot and never a better one!!

Old 11-12-2012, 11:29 PM
cairoman

Μήν με τσιγκελίζεις....θα πάρω αεροπλάνο και θα *ρθω εκεί πάνω, να μου δείξεις πώς πετάς εσύ, μεγάλε Μοντελλιστή! Αντε και είδαμε τα κατορθώματά σου στο YouTube!

Υ.Γ. Ελα κάτω, στην Κύπρο να σου δείξουμε πώς να προσγειώνεις HK-L59 !!

Chris
Old 11-13-2012, 12:06 AM
rctech2k7
My Feedback: (1)

Look like a curious question but now it's different when somebody wants to answer your question... I believe you found an answer to your question however the second one if you apply your analogy based on logic analysis it will prove your limitation including that your answer is wrong.

To advice that practice makes it perfect is a helpful one. Regardless of the skills a more properly setup aircraft is an advantage. We used natural stability and mechanical way on setting up our aircraft that's why we don't see the need for gyro so far but we can't deny the fact that technology is advancing and electronics is replacing some of its function. The good thing we got more options for our aircraft's stability as long as it complies safety and reliability against mechanical and human factor... Check on heli before they don't use gyro but now expert heli pilots are using them and found it more advantage, better skills and capability. Feel free to use either option depending on your preference and rules, gyro technology is not new to full scale and those expert pilots are using them...
Old 11-13-2012, 12:46 AM
POWER JET

ORIGINAL: cairoman

Μήν με τσιγκελίζεις....θα πάρω αεροπλάνο και θα *ρθω εκεί πάνω, να μου δείξεις πώς πετάς εσύ, μεγάλε Μοντελλιστή! Αντε και είδαμε τα κατορθώματά σου στο YouTube!

Chris
δεν μπορω να καταλαβω γιατι παρεξηγησες αυτο που ειπα?Ηταν μια απλη ερωτηση απο μερους μου και εσυ το εκανες ολοκληρο θεμα!!
Και οσον αφορα το L59 βαλε και εσυ μια P20 πανω,και μεχρι να βρεις που θα το κεντροβαρισεις,που πρεπει να εξισοροπησεις την διαφορα της 6cells μπαταριας και μετα ελα πες μου!!Θα σου στειλω βιντεο να μαθεις εσυ να προσγειωνεις το L59!!Μεγαλε Δασκαλε!!
Εισαι πολυ νευρικος παντως και θα σου κανει κακο στην υγεια σου!!

Old 11-13-2012, 12:52 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not a regular flyer and don't own a gyro but having built a few jets in my time there are some kits out there which have 'tendancies' which are not easy to mix out or manually control with sticks so the addition of a gyro, I read, adds the stability inputs needed to get the jet (or plane) to fly normally whilst the pilot does his flying thing - in these cases I suspect a gryo is invaluable.

For those who use it for fun then cool, we have choices and pockets

marcs
Old 11-13-2012, 02:38 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

A gyro will outfly the best pilot.
It dramatically reduces workload and cures dutch rolling that its impossible to be corrected by the best pilot.
Any modeller with a 20year experience should have known that by now.

Problem with gyros and jets is the wide speed range this models fly and if the gain is not correct it will destroy/flutter from over-compensating your surfaces.

The best gyro IMHO is the new 3 axis iGyro from PowerBox with the GPS sensor that takes constant speed reading and adopts to the needs of the jet.
http://powerbox-systems.com/e/powerb...gyro/start.php

Im considering geting one, for one of my big toys since i have a problem during landing ,from fuel moving in big tanks and changing my CG.
I dont know if its because my experience is less than 20years but
bear in mind that this been sed by someone with rudder skills to hover and harrier roll a 50% aerobatic all day long.

p.s. FAI F4G world championship allowed the use of 3axis gyros this year

Here is the master flying the new PowerBox iGyro

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcEdfoxE5OA[/youtube]
Old 11-13-2012, 05:17 AM
cairoman

Chris

δεν μπορω να καταλαβω γιατι παρεξηγησες αυτο που ειπα?Ηταν μια απλη ερωτηση απο μερους μου και εσυ το εκανες ολοκληρο θεμα!!
Και οσον αφορα το L59 βαλε και εσυ μια P20 πανω,και μεχρι να βρεις που θα το κεντροβαρισεις,που πρεπει να εξισοροπησεις την διαφορα της 6cells μπαταριας και μετα ελα πες μου!!Θα σου στειλω βιντεο να μαθεις εσυ να προσγειωνεις το L59!!Μεγαλε Δασκαλε!!

Τίποτα από όλα αυτά, δεν ισχύει!! Απλά σπάω πλάκα μαζί σου!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:35 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Chris

TRANSLATION.....

"I can not understand why they misunderstand what I said; It was a simple question of me and You did ENTIRE issue!
And regarding the L59 came a Jack, and P20 over, until you find that the (CG?) that the ballast must be of different 6cells battery and Then come tell me!'ll Send video to learn thou lands L59!! great teachers!
You're very nervous, however, and I will do harm to your health!"

I'm not trying to be harsh... but this is an English speaking board. AND... since it's a "Public" forum... it should remain that way. You guys can email if you want it to be privet.

OK... back to the debate...

There is nothing wrong with using a gyro. The heli guys have been using them for a VERY long time. But... when you use a 3 axis gyro in a large turbine model... it really is a crutch for a lesser skilled pilot.

With that said... for a sport flyer, or a tippy air frame... there is nothing wrong with it. (as long as they aren't being used in competition) I personally have one of the new EagleTree 3D systems coming... and will be playing with it in the spring.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:00 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder what kind of 3D advantage I would get using a 3-axis gyro on my 35% yak?.. For example would it fight my Rollng Harrier inputs?, Flat Spins. I know it will help with my strugging hover [8D]
Old 11-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Robrow

ORIGINAL: rcand

I fly rc airplane models for 20 years now!I never used a gyro!Never needed!The secret is practice...practice...practise.!!!
You don't need the electronics!!Learn how you to stabilized your aircraft by your hands and not with a gyro!!
The gyro will make you a worst pilot and never a better one!!

Practice is all well and good but for many of us time is a precious commodity. So why not use the help that a gyro can give?

Rob.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 227 Likes on 117 Posts

It must be winter time.... Which means time to order more popcorn
Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 PM
JoeEagle
My Feedback: (26)

how about a comparison with the gyrobot vs the iGyro

feature for feature-not if you're a wienie if you use a gyro.

i know i need more help (ok maybe alot!)

thanks