Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS Hanno .61 questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 03:34 AM
Cajuncharley
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS Hanno .61 questions

For all the wrong reasons, I acquired a U-Can-Do with an OS Hanno .61, with the tuned pipe set up. I have 2 questions: 1. What is the best prop for this set up? 2. Which way do you turn the small concentric screw to adjust the idle, as you look at it from the side. Clockwise to lean, counterclockwise to richen? Engine is a little old, but runs like a clock. Now has a 15-6 wood Zinger and turns around 7900 rpm. Appears to be a little on the low side but flies very well.
Cajuncharley
Old 09-01-2004, 05:32 AM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OS Hanno .61 questions

Charley,

Someone asked a very similar question, concerning the exact same engine, just a couple of days ago.

You can look into it [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/OS_Hanno_61_w%2F_30%25_nitro%2C_3D_prop%3F/m_2127638/tm.htm]here[/link].
If you still have questions, just get back into this thread.

The RPM you are getting calculates to only 0.97 HP and since the Hanno Special's pipe is tuned for 9,000-11,000 RPM, your engine is clearly not getting on-the-pipe.
It is just a dead-weight muffler, for all purposes; adding nothing to the RPM.

About operating your carburettor; take a look at this [link=http://www.osengines.com/manuals/index.html]web page[/link], where you can download the manual for your specific carburettor.
I believe it is the 7D, or the 7M, but you have them all on this page.
You may need the Adobe Acrobat reader , which you can download from the same web page, to open it.

Take it easy with the Tabasco...
Old 09-02-2004, 01:34 AM
Cajuncharley
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS Hanno .61 questions

Dar:
1. Thanks for the kind assistance. I changed prop to a 12-10 and performance much improved, and plan to go to a 12-11 or a 13-10 for even better performance.
2. By reference to the OS manual on a similar carb, I was able to adjust the low end and the engine purrs like a kitten. What I really needed to know was which direction to turn the concentric (idle) screw, and as I suspected, clockwise was to lean, counterclockwise was to richen it. Same as the needle valve.
3. I was on a cruise and we visited Israel about 15 years ago for a couple of days and never dreamed I'd be corresponding with a fellow RCer from there!
4. My son got the YS .45 to run again. Was dirt in the carb (needle valve housing) part. Awesome engine.
Thanks again,
Cajuncharley