Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

PUSHER PROPS/NEED MORE PITCH

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

PUSHER PROPS/NEED MORE PITCH

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 11:51 AM
david200mph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PUSHER PROPS/NEED MORE PITCH

Hello speed freaks, I need a little help. I am building a 90 size pusher jet. I need a pusher prop around 10X10, 11X10, 12X10. (pitch is speed). APC only make a 10X7, 11X7 and Graupner makes an 11X8 (the most pitch I have found so far). Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a pusher prop with more pitch? Or, perhaps a company who can make them for me? If not I guess I will have to go with the 11X8.
Thanks
David200mph
Old 06-27-2005, 11:54 AM
No1pylon

Default RE: PUSHER PROPS/NEED MORE PITCH

Why dont you make your own maybe out of carbon fibre
Old 06-27-2005, 11:58 AM
david200mph

I wish I knew how to. But I dont have a clue? [&o]
Old 06-27-2005, 12:46 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zinger has an 11-10 Pusher

http://www.zingerpropeller.com/Pusher.htm

Don
Old 06-27-2005, 01:46 PM
david200mph

Thanks Don, I really appreciate the help. My jet will really move now.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:45 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: david200mph

Hello speed freaks, I need a little help. I am building a 90 size pusher jet. I need a pusher prop around 10X10, 11X10, 12X10. (pitch is speed). APC only make a 10X7, 11X7 and Graupner makes an 11X8 (the most pitch I have found so far). Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a pusher prop with more pitch? Or, perhaps a company who can make them for me? If not I guess I will have to go with the 11X8.
Thanks
David200mph

Dave, what aircraft are you building ? G&P Hornet ? Something else ?

A while back Dub built a reverse-rotation SJ-120 for someone - was using it on a pusher design. Works out great that way, since you can use 'regular' rotation props - thus all the sizes you might want are available.

Bob
Old 06-27-2005, 02:57 PM
hattend

Bob,

Is it an extra cost option? If so, how much and how long do you have to wait for the modification?

Don
Old 06-27-2005, 05:28 PM
david200mph

You are good Bob, nice guessing! I am building the G&P sales Hornet, Dubb is building the engine as we speak. It is the BSE F.I.R.E. 90 engine with a straight bolt on header with a Macs tuned pipe. Looks like it will be tuned for an 11X10 prop slightly cut down. It should make the hornet move out fairly nice, I hope. I still have some tank issues to deal with because I dont really like the 14 OZ tank mounted at the rear next to the engine. (this will make the plane really nose heavy when the fuel is gone). I will probably put the tank on the CG and run a 2 OZ hopper tank at the engine. Do you have any suggestions on he fuel system set-up? I dont want to drill this engine for pump pressure!

David200mph
Old 06-28-2005, 09:55 AM
bob27s

Its a good plane .... flys well..... but it has a lot of drag. But once the gear is up it gathers speed and energy fairly quickly. Flys sorta like a ducted fan.

You have the right engine there. If Dub is tuning it for a clipped 11x10 (or 10x10) you will be good. Chances are you will receive it set up in the LX configuration. That APC 11x7 pusher might be the prop you want to start with - Engine will enjoy it, and you will have pleanty of power for the first few flights. Allows the engine to turn way up - which it likes. The 11x8 graupner is not bad either.

Keep in mind, the pipe will deterimine an "rpm range". Dub will identify this to you. Your prop selection will be made to keep the engine running in that range on the ground.

nah... no pump. It will drive you nuts.

Keep the main tank just aft of the CG, and the 2oz header will do the trick.

Bob
Old 06-28-2005, 12:25 PM
bob27s

ORIGINAL: hattend

Bob,

Is it an extra cost option? If so, how much and how long do you have to wait for the modification?

Don
Don,

Special crank or setup is usually a $15 upcharge. Would be in this case. Dub noted that he has not yet made a SJ-90L reverse crank, but it would be easy enough to do.

Bob
Old 06-28-2005, 12:32 PM
hattend

Thanks Bob,

I just bought one of the EAM Velocity ARFs with the "Firewall aft" kit. It comes with a Webra Speed 1.20 and it's good to know that there is an engine manufacturer out there who does special work to make things easier for us modelers. A reverse running engine will make prop selection so much easier.

The Velocity is a ways off in the build list but I may have to think of putting the Jett reverse 1.20 in there and putting the Webra on something else.

Cool
Thanks
Don
Old 06-29-2005, 11:11 PM
david200mph

Thanks Bob for the info. Its nice to know I am off in the right direction. I will keep the reverse crank option for another plane.
Im also glad this plane flys somewhat like a ducted fan. Im using it as a stepping stone to ducted fan models I am working on. I have not flown a ducted fan yet.

Thanks Again
David200mph