Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Brison 3.2 Ignition Problem....Please Help!!

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Brison 3.2 Ignition Problem....Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Cappy69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brison 3.2 Ignition Problem....Please Help!!

Ok....let me start off by saying that I purchased this motor around March '05 off a private party. When purchased the motor was brand new in box, dated only 2 months before I actually bought it, with all related literature, factory plastic still on motor , with Brison's rpm run up tag on it, and the original invoice. For one reason or another this previous party supposedly requested the Cimmaster/Revolution ignition instead of the C&H (this motor by the way is the electronic advance version...not the throttle coupled one). These are made for the Revolution 52 motor in Canada.The individual by no means tried hide this fact......so I was like no big deal....not that major of a deal. The motor has run awesome all season.......with the exception of one curious thing.....the amount of flights I could get out of the ignition battery. From a totally cycled and peaked charge the night before flying....and topped off the morning of flying I could only get 4 15 minute flights before the battery dropped below 4.8 volts. I have tried no less than 6 packs ranging from 1000 mah to the current pack of 2500 mah....I even tried a 6 vold pack just to see. No different. 4 flights and it's in the no fly zone where the engine is spitting and sputtering and breaking up at higher throttle settings. Now I'm no math genious, but if the ignition is supposed to draw 600-900 ma wide open I should be able to fly a heck of alot on one 2500 pack before it needing to be reacharged. But no big deal I thought....I'll just fly to my hearts content. Well just recently and very suddenly the engine started breaking up real bad at higher trottle settings. So I figured I better check my battery....and like I thought it was good,5.2 volts under 1 amp load. Next I tried playing with the needles to see if it went out of tune. Going leaner didn't help.....nor did richening it. So at the advice of a fellow gas pilot I stripped the carb and cleaned it out. It had some debris in the screen....but nothing I considered excessive considering I put almost 20 gallons through it since the beginning of the season . Then changed the plug also. Well.....It still does it all the time. At any stick possition other than wide open it sounds fine. I put the hammer down......and it sounds horrible. The magnet holder is also in tact and hassn't budged. So my question is,"what should I do?" Should I just call the ignition toast and buy a new syncrospark ignition from C&H? Should I try to contact Cimmaster to see If they will send me a replacement? Or should I call Brison directly? I'm not opposed to just purchasing a new one....but if I'm able to have it replaced as a warranty issue or at a discounted price, I'm all for it. I would have seeked advice earlier....but I didn't think anything about it as I fly pretty aggressively, but experienced gas pilots kind of gave me the heads up. Obviously I don't want to fly it the way it is knowing it could totally go at any moment. I would appreciate any suggestions made........and sorry this post is sooooo long

Thanks a bunch,

Cap
Old 01-28-2006, 12:31 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Brison 3.2 Ignition Problem....Please Help!!

I have absolutely no idea how Kangke will handle a transferred warranty, but it's well worth the call to find out. This early into the new game and I would like to think they will extend the warranty to your ownership and take care of a possible ignition issue. Then again, they could say there are no warranties on electrical items like so many other types of companies do.

I'd make the call on Monday to get their response. It does sound like an ignition problem of some sort. If they don't want to deal with it, then a CH replacement is definately in order. Unfortunately, that option would end up costing you $$. I'm betting that Kangke won't want the bad press this early. Or later, for that matter.

Good luck.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:49 AM
tkg
My Feedback: (1)

Down load the ignition timing instructions from the CH web site. www.ch-ignitions.com
Check the timing, if its to far advanced sometimes the engine will break up at full throttle.
Or it could be a bad ignition, this is often a sign of a bad lead, cap or coil.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:43 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could only get 4 15 minute flights before the battery dropped below 4.8 volts. I have tried no less than 6 packs ranging from 1000 mah to the current pack of 2500 mah....I even tried a 6 vold pack just to see. No different. 4 flights and it's in the no fly zone
The ignition may be OK. It is possible that it is in a place where it can get too hot to operate relaible. The initial failure to operate past 4 flights seems to point in that direction.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

4.8 volts on an ignition pack is OK.
I have flown mine down to 4.0 volts with no problems at all.
Remember that the load on the ignition pack is more consistant that a RX pack.
The ignition will work down to 4 volts with no problem.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Hog78
My Feedback: (36)

Hello, I just came across the same issues as you and I did not wait for cimmaster to resolve. I bought a CH auto unit and the problems went away I am still waiting for my replacement after 3 long distance calls, mine was on a 2.4. Marc