Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

VS Tank R

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 11:38 PM
Stang951

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VS Tank R

Anyone checked out the VS tank R yet. I know they haven't been released as of yet, but I was thinking of preordering the battle set from Toyeast. Looks like they could be alot of fun. From the video footage they appear to be pretty durable as well.

http://www.toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail....t_id=A02101088
Old 03-26-2006, 11:11 PM
tankdestroyer

Default RE: VS Tank R

I pre-ordered the 4-pack set of the vstank-r. They look awesome and the whole set was only $89.95. I also ordered a bunch of extra brick walls, sandbags, and tank traps. You can find these in the section for the older small vstanks. The extra sets are only $1.25 apiece. I have a 4X8 foot hobby table that I plan on turning into a tank batlefield. I will be able to conduct battles just like with my full size VStank Pro's, but will have props and more room to manuever with also a birds eye view. The vstank-r's have rotating turrets, machine guns, and simplified more functional controls, along with explosions and sound. The quality should also be great considering the quality of the full size ones, and the have the same tank models and camo schemes.

Now if they would only ship already....I even paid for the 3-day shipping from Hong-Kong....on March 8th!!! They seem to be having problems shipping the first production run. Will let ya'll know if they live up to the hype.[:@]
Old 03-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Stang951

I like the promo's on them, and want to order them. I fyou check ToyEasts homepage they have a short article on them in the information section/News. Accordingot Toyeast they are having problems with the first production run, not with the shipping. That is what kind of worries me about ordering them now.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:37 AM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know.......they just seem so cartoony to me. [] I bet that they are a lot of fun, but I would be happier about buying a set if they looked more like this 1:144 rc tank. Granted, the 1:144 does not have the battle system or even a radio control turret (due to its size, I guess), but the realism and detail are awesome, to me. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Who am I kidding. I'll probably buy several.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68401.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	433964  
Old 03-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Grain

After selling my Combat Digi-Q tanks and replacing them with the 1/24 VS Tanks, I miss being able to battle anywhere anytime and have preordered a set myself. The rotating turret will be a nice addition, but it might be offset by the lack of proportional controls that the Digi-Q's had. Not a big deal either way though, as the portability and fun factor of these little guys will make them worth it I'm sure.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:54 PM
mariodx3

Hey now, I was at toyeast and was thinking of getting a set myself. but i went with the airsoft vs pro. what is taken the post man so long.. It should be her this week I hope.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Grain

I see these are now available for sale, or at least they Have Launched according to the website. Has anyone who (pre)ordered received shipping notification yet? Or are they still filling the warehouse and have just cut off preorders now that it's April?
Old 04-06-2006, 04:53 PM
tankdestroyer

They sent me shipping confirmation yesterday on my pre-order of the 4-tank pak. I am tracking shipping of my express order and it is on the way!!!

Ill let you know how it turns out![>:]
Old 04-06-2006, 06:42 PM
sownare

Could you please post a review when you've received the tanks? They sound intriguing . . .

Sownare
Old 04-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Stang951

I missed the 4 pack by a couple of days. Forgot to order them FRiday night and now they don't offer it anymore.....oh well guess it just cost me a few dolars more when I do order them. I wanted t ait an see what veryoe hadto say aotu th anyway
Old 04-06-2006, 11:16 PM
tankdestroyer

Hey STANG...I should be getting them by Wednesday and Ill let you know if they rock.[>:]
Old 04-09-2006, 12:14 PM
WackoWasko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant wait to get some of my own, and those cd connectors are cool. thanx for the link grain
Old 04-12-2006, 01:09 AM
rurouni

Hi,
I just received mine which was a pre-order of the full set of 4 VS-TANK R and i feela bit disapointed.
One has the turret which is not working, a couple doesn't respond so well to IR commands, and finally the worst of it, it's almost impossible to play in multiplayer games because the tanks barely responds to shots. The only way i found to make a good hit is to shoot the tank on the top of the turret, which is impossible in gaming conditions.
But i have to say that when it works, it's very funny, and the tanks can almost go everywhere.
Do you guys experience the same kind of problems with your tanks?

Rurouni
Old 04-12-2006, 06:55 PM
tribal9499

Oh No!!! I've been so excited about these little guys... Sorry they didn't quite live up rurouni.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:06 PM
tribal9499

Anyone ever mess with the original vs tank(without the rotating turret)? Better/worse? Did they have problems at launch as well? If so did they improve in second, third...runs?
Old 04-12-2006, 11:59 PM
tankdestroyer

Hey.......did you try taking the caps off the infra-red receivers!!!

They have a little turret cap on the infra-red receiver just like the bigger VS Tanks, except that these receive the directional commands and incoming fire both through the clear plastic infra-red receiver port.

They will be under the tank hatch....look closely at the videos on the VS web site and you will see the clear dome on top.

I had the same problem until I figured out to take them off and now they work awesome!!!!

I have the 4-pack and a crapload of tank-trap, sandbags, and brick walls that VS sells on their web-site for the original small vstanks.
We have had extensive battles on my 8' X 4' hobby table, with cannon shots making hits at approx. 4' and machine gun hits at 2'.[>:]

They never show the caps needing to come off in the directions...and the caps are only decorative. If you cant figure it out PM me and I will explain it to you.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:01 AM
tankdestroyer

Hey.......did you try taking the caps off the infra-red receivers!!!

They have a little turret cap on the infra-red receiver just like the bigger VS Tanks, except that these receive the directional commands and incoming fire both through the clear plastic infra-red receiver port.

They will be under the tank hatch....look closely at the videos on the VS web site and you will see the clear dome on top.

I had the same problem until I figured out to take them off and now they work awesome!!!!

I have the 4-pack and a crapload of tank-trap, sandbags, and brick walls that VS sells on their web-site for the original small vstanks.
We have had extensive battles on my 8' X 4' hobby table, with cannon shots making hits at approx. 4' and machine gun hits at 2'.[>:]

They never show the caps needing to come off in the directions...and the caps are only decorative. If you cant figure it out PM me and I will explain it to you.

The M1A2's are a lot easier to pull off, because the have that extension on the hatch!!

Old 04-18-2006, 01:18 AM
rurouni

Hi all.
You're right TankDestroyer. It works WAAAAY much better when you remove the caps(hatch) on the tanks. Now it starts to become really fun.
I really doesn't regret my investment anymore. And my nephiew will get crazy about this!!!!

Old 04-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Grain

Received a DX set today, and I'm not too sure about these. I was afraid I'd miss proportional controls, but after driving these around for a bit I'm finding I miss control of any sort. The turning while driving is much too slow, with the radius being somewhere around 5 feet...even a 6'x12' snooker table is too small for a complete circle to be driven.

This in itself might not be so bad, but the only other way to change direction is with the "super spin", and it is so [censored] fast that it's basically impossible to use it and end up pointed in the desired direction. Add in turrets that continue to rotate for an eighth of a turn after the button is released and it amounts to a less than stellar experience for me.

Maybe I'm looking for too much, or I was spoiled by the relatively precise (and proportional) Combat Digi-Q steering. In either case these might find their way onto eBay in the near future if I can't come to terms with the way they maneuver.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:46 PM
ShadowXIX

I got a pair of VS R* Tanks and think they are sweet even though I have had some problems. First I had the IR Cap problem like many people have had since the instructions arent clear on that point. But what you get that off what a world of difference so thats really a minor issue.

The control, detect hits and move great in my opinion and Ive had loads of fun having battles with friends and family. They seem to be set at a much better speed then the none rotation VS tank which many complained were too fast.

I also have the tank-trap, sandbags, and brick walls like tankdestroyer and they add to the fun. Ive found the tank traps to be very effective when used on something like carpet which allows them to dig in when under the force of the tank and will quite effectively stop a tank.

After a few days though one of my tanks just died for apparently no reason the LED was out it would not take a charge at all or even be detected when it was on the controller charger. I contacted 'Toyeast' and they were very helpful and sent me a new tank after I resent the defective one.

Looking around it seems others have had simliar problems. It could very well be due to the dual cell pack the use. With dual cell packs when you run it down to nothing, one cell will often reverse charge the other cell causing it to switch polarity. If you put the tank on its charger, it will detect the short and not charge the tank. The only way to charge it is to recondition the reversed cell or to use a cheap charger that doesn't autodetect the short and will just juice the reversed cell with the proper voltage. I think the ZipZapSE and the Super Slicks had the same charge issue with their dual cells.

So to be safe I advise never running your tank down to nothing and always remember to turn it off. Other that that I find them to be very fun little tanks to battle with at a great price.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:31 PM
SniperTeamTango

Can one supply a picture of the bottom of the tanks. I'm an extremely paranoid about the fact that they are that small and run on treads, I am thinking that there are wheels on the bottom. Please prove me wrong.

STT

Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Ern

No wheels, they run on rubber threads. I would guess in time they will stretch, but from I remember replacements are pretty cheap at Toyeast.com. The biggest problem with them is the batteries. Run time is only 5-10 minutesand can have charging problems as described in the other posts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93960.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1206803   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68872.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	1206804  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:27 AM
SniperTeamTango

Thank you for that Ern

Also I found a large amount of data at this site

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...e_id=958#specs

I'll be ordering soon.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:30 AM
calvinlo

You might want to postpone your purchase. According to news from Vstank's website, the Vstank R series have been discontinued. Unlike the old ones, the new relpacement will come with proportional control.Here's thepicture fromtheir website:

Old 05-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Ern

Now those look a whole lot better. I may have to give them a try. Also, you VSgus - look at the bottom of the page. "VSArmor" halftracks are coming!!

http://www.vstank.com/info/img_news.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.