Community
Search
Notices
Product Announcements & Manufacturer News If you are a manufacturer or company with relevant news or have a new product announcement you may post it here.

New Product - Electric Extra 330L RTF 3D kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 04:12 AM
CrashingDutchman
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Product - Electric Extra 330L RTF 3D kit

On behalf of the manufacturer I'd like to announce their new Extra 330L that comes as a ready to fly kit.

Specifications:
●Main wingspan: 960mm
●Fuselage overall length: 897mm
●Main-wing area: 19.33 sq.dm
●Wing loading: 32.07g/sq.dm
●Weight: 620g

The plane is equiped with 9 gram high precision servo's (3) and a 4 channel micro receiver (range about 3000 feet, compatible with Futaba and other PPM systems). Furthermore, the airplane comes standard with a brushless motor (B2025 - 4000KV in-runner) mounted in a gearbox with 8:1 ratio. We have chosen to use an 18A brushless ESC. Power is supplied by a 11.1V 1500mAh 12C Lipo battery. With the propeller that we supply with this plane (13x6.5) the battery is discharged at around 8C, so there is some to spare. This setup can provide a thrust of around 1050 gram, around 1.7 times the weight of the plane. Flying time is around 15 minutes.

To complete the kit, a 4 channel PPM transmitter and a lipo battery charger are included with this kit.

The manufacturer of this plane is looking for companies that are interested in distributing this plane in their country. You can contact them through their company e-mail: [email protected].

For single item orders, please contact me through PM and i will see if I can help.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:07 AM
sunnykids

Default RE: New Product - Electric Extra 330L RTF 3D kit

New product for: R/C Climb-wall Car
"Features:
Motor: #130, Materials: PP ,Functions: Forward/backward/turn left/turn right, Charging time:4-6 hours ,Running time per charge:10-15 Minutes
Rechargeable nickel chromic battery and charger included 9V battery for the controller included Controller included, Color: Red/Black, Packing: Gift box:42.2 x 22.5 x 16.1 cm
Notes:
Will the car work on any wall? The car is basically a ""vacuum cleaner"", it sticks to the wall with suction. As long as the wall is SMOOTH it will work fine on any surface. "From http://www.sunnykids.cn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90190.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	494443  
Old 08-12-2006, 01:54 AM
sushi2me

I bought one of these (flashy advertizing, good features, good price) and am already having problems with the B2025 motor - it seized up on me and the propeller unwound and fell off due to the thrust/force. I can't find a replacement motor on UCE-BestBuy's site (they sell this plane but their electric motors parts section doesn't show a B2025 KV4000 motor). ParkFlyers sells this plane also - I'm sure they'll have the replacement part but their server is down for maintenance (it's almost 3 am EST) - I'll check tomorrow/today! I also went to RaidenTech.com - no luck for an exact match but the prices are great! I've also looked for a GWS equivalent - "close but no cigar".

As I'm indicating, my concern is the quality of this motor for it to fail so quickly - it's a good looking plane, moderately well constructed, incredible thrust as advertized, therefore performs quite well - HOWEVER, it's a "cheap" RTF from China (everything's from China these days) and you just NEVER know for sure about the quality of the components.

Anybody else out there bought one of these yet? How's it performing? How're your failure/parts issues? THANKS.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:37 PM
s0ck

Hello, I ordered this plane on Ebay two days ago and haven't received it yet. I will try to write a little something after I get it. In the meantime, here is all the parts, including the motor. http://www.parkflyers.com/html/330l_spare_parts.html
Old 08-24-2006, 05:17 PM
richd724

I have had the Extra 330l for about 2 weeks and it has plenty of power to climb. Next to the begin air I fly, This extra flies circles around it. I also have a problem with the motor. The back side of the motor came loose and seprated causing the motor to reverse or seize up causing the prop to spinn off. After taking closser look at the back of the motor I see there are no tabs to hold the housing or the for motor torque. Is this right beacuse the brushed motors have tabs to hold the torque of the motor. I don't know this is my first brushless motor plane. I ordered a new motor off of parkflyers.com for a resaonable price. When this plane flies it is awsome I have had it intverted,knife edge,outside loops,snap rolls, and many more. One thing,just try to keep it tamed down and not to wild beacuse i did manage to rip off half of the elevotor in mid flight while doing some level snap rolls. Managed to land saftley though. A little CA glue and some extra strength and back to the sky. Ohh and one more thing if you dont make a perfect landing and tip it on its prop you will bend the shaft as I have bent 3 already. They seem to be really cheap on this prop shaft. I have also added packing tape to the alerions to keep them form nicking in case of a rough landing this will not effect the flying. Ok thats it, if you never flew a plane like this before she's fast.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:56 PM
shurmuz

Well I ordered mine on a whim... when it gets here I will let you all know what happens. I have been flying for a few years and had a great foamy that I beat the heck out and finally it had enough CA. This will be the second plane on the electric side. I have a mini funtana but really dont want to (know how to) put the darn thing together. Glow is much easier.

anyway, if and when this thing actually performs the way it is supposed to STOCK then I will post some video. If the pilot cant pull the tricks off then I wont post the video.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:42 AM
rstoomanyhobbies

Hey Shurmuz and others: any other input on the 330L to share? Quality issues, parts availability, etc.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:01 PM
shurmuz

Its FAST... its cheap foam.... motor has no power....and it is a brick. For the price though, it is worth it if you need something to fly. I think they have parts available. Not had the need yet....

Who is this? I lived in Holly Springs for awhile.

Ed
Old 11-13-2006, 11:39 PM
pacmanemi

I just got mine today and was very disappointed with the instructions and with the nylon screws that hold it together. I went out to the hardware store and bought a metal bolt to hold mine and it is much firmer. I spent 4 hours fixing and building a rtf airplane. but other than that the power is amazing and the action is great.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:51 AM
BrettBroome

I reckon this thing is worth the A$180 just for the laughs I had reading the instructions!

I've only flown mine for an hour or so. Major problems initially with the RX antenna routing. It runs between the elevator & rudder control rods & I had MAJOR flutter at only about 50m on the range test. This is easily fixed by taping the antenna outside the fuse & now is not a problem. They also had the antenna leftover coiled up & wound up with the servo leads in the RX compartment, which didn't really help either!

My motor hasn't fallen out yet........ give it time I guess by the sound of it!

I also taped the ailerons as they are very brittle & easily damaged at the tips. (The wife broke a tip off just moving it off the bed - don't ask!)

The undercarriage wire is too light & I replaced the crappy wheels with some lightweight neoprene ones which makes the thing at least roll OK. It does want to drop a wing on landing if you come in too slow so fly it all the way in & don't get too tentative about it.

I think the nylon wing bolt is a pretty good idea to minimise damage if you do happen to fluff up a landing. The thread didn't seem to to grip too well so I just pulled out the red nut holder from underneath & turned it upside down.... fixed.

All in all, you get what you pay for... It's cheap and has a bucket load of grunt, is fun to chuck around the sky and has a pretty good finish. I'm just learning 3D hence I'm definitely not qualified to comment on its 3D qualities.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:52 AM
BrettBroome

sorry.. that's AU$180....
Old 12-01-2006, 08:54 PM
BrettBroome

I've had a chance to fly it some more now.....

WATCH THE WING MOUNT AT THE LEADING EDGE!!
I would advise anyone bying this plane to take off the wing mount from the wing and fuse & re-attach with epoxy before you fly. After only about 1.5 hours I noticed the wing looked a little loose. On inspection, I found that the plastic mounts are only attached with a trace of some sort or glue that looks a lot like a hard silicone. It was literally hanging by a thread! The wing would have certainly parted company with the fuse on the next flight........ I would also add some tape to the TE where it mates with the fuse. This will help support the plastic mounting screw.

I must say though that for the price I am still hugely impressed by the performance; it has plenty of grunt and is very positive on the controls. It does need a dual rate on the TX as it is very twitchy to land on with the throws set high for 3D.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:24 AM
BrettBroome

More on this one......
I have had the same problem as rchd724, only the entire horizontal stab broke free coming out of a loop. Somehow I hanaged to get it on to the ground inverted and amazingly there was very little damage.

This plane really can't be flown straight out of the box if you want it to last. I suggest anyone buying one needs to read this thread and strengthen everything. Take every plastic part off the fuse and re-fasten with epoxy or it WILL fail sooner or later. Also put tape in the horizontal stag and elevator as well as the ailerons or they too will break up in flight. Lube the brass spur gear too as the pinion gear chews it out in no time. I suggest adjusting the motor so it runs on the front half of the spur, then when that wears you can slide it forward and use up the other half of the spur. One of my shafts lost grip with the pinion in mid flight too, but I fixed it with epoxy..... the list goes on.
Despite all that I still love flying it as it does perform really well.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:18 PM
ssllc902

Hi I have bought this 330l. I need parts. Ruder,elv,and prop shaft. Please let me know where to get parts.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:37 PM
ssllc902

never mind I found it. If you wanna cheep foam plane go get the typhoone by parkzone. Its easier to get parts. The 330 is a fun plane but like everyone said "built real cheap". I have had all the same probs with my plane that everyone else has had. I need a new rudder and elv and NEVER CRASHED.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:26 AM
rstoomanyhobbies

I'm so glad for the forum! I would have bought one of these based upon the glitz but glad I didn't. I'm sure it's not a bad plane but I want to fly, not build/rebuild/look for parts. My Typhoon has been great other than the fence that I didn't see on approach - but had parts in 3-4 days and up and flying again!
Old 02-10-2007, 01:38 PM
jwroot

I bought one of these from Parkflyers and tried to return it because I thought the quality was poor.
They said that if the box was opened I couldn't return it. Well how in the hell can you see it if you don't first open the box?
Numerous emails were sent with no replys other than the one saying it needed to be un-opened.
It reminds me of some toy you give a kid for a cheap Christmas present, and it doesn't last for more than a few hours.

As far as the return policy of Parkflyers goes ... buy from some other store.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:07 AM
Danielisbell

i think i still want to get one...anyone care to try to talk me out of it???

many times you all have said the parkzone typhoon is the way to go. well, it does not come with a LiPo battery. i thought that was important. twice the flight time, with half the weight of the battery...so i hear. i been reading and reading and i keep getting back and forth from people about the Edge540T and the Extra330L sold at parkflyers.com (aswell as some other places...cheaper).

help...please
Old 03-13-2007, 04:26 PM
yesitssirarb

Well i got my 330L today and im happy so far fairly windy but flew it anyhow and it performed quite well. Taped all the edges and alirons turned the main wing nut over(rednut) & it held better...down side for me it a short flight time and the charger they supplied with the plane it works BUT in time I think it will burn the lipo up.. I used my e-flight charger I had for my blade cx2 "is it supposed to take 3-4 hours to charge on this lipo charger ?" I gave up at 3 hours & used the supplied charger...
Well I think it was well worth the$$$ but to anyone getting one of these planes get a better charger and extra batteries[img]
Old 03-13-2007, 07:45 PM
yesitssirarb

Well as for the 330L IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED the motor over heated locked up & spum the prop but i put some thread tape on the shaft after tightiningthe prop so just the cone fell off
& was found landed with minimal damage to vertical rudder back up & flyin.... I guess if you can't afford the good ones there the way to go if yaa.... like to use yaa hands... It flew great the 1st"1st" time after the 2nd it went down in flames so I think the next plane will be the typhoon or a stick.....Need spare parts anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=confused.gif][sm=72_72.gif]
Old 03-18-2007, 02:02 AM
yesitssirarb

well did some asking around from local hobby shops,,, found out so they say that the prop on the 330L might be to big or pitch is to much for the motor wich my be the cause of the motor seizin-up or over heating,so to whom it my concern tr a smaller prop and see if don't help let me know your results thank.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:18 PM
BrettBroome

The motor on my Extra finally went the way most others seem to have gone & seized up too. It didn't spin off the prop, but the short circuit actually melted the battery connector. I couldn't disconnect the battery without cutting the lead, by which time the speed controller and battery were completely toasted. The battery was so hot it was very close to catching fire. This really is a plane to avoid. I've got a Park 480 with a 40A ESC that I'm going to put in on a wood mount as a last resort, but if it doesn't work out too well I think I'll strip off what little there may be of value & we'll have a formal cremation ceremony! A fittng end I would think.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:43 AM
yesitssirarb

Well sorry brett I hate that you don't have much to salvage from your plane..... I still have yet to crash mine again due to faulty parts. but hobby pros said that the ecs was not getting any air to cool it down enough and that's why the motor was seizen-up so i took it out & put it on the outside & cut a square out of the plastic cover on it & velcroed it to the outside of the plane to help cool it down.It my or my NOT work but im going to get the most i can outaaa this piece O!@#@!!!!
thought i might get another arf but after hearin what happend to you it might be better to get a new rtf.... rather than to use the parts off of this 330...typhoon was $220 they said it was 4*
stronger & it was a very good flyin plane....for foam they had.....well guess i will search for a bit & C if i can find a good not too cheap plane that will last

If anyone has found any PLEASE let me know!! THANKS..
Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 AM
BrettBroome

I think you're right about the ESC overheating. Instead of putting it back in the compartment behind the firewall I've put it on the new wood mount under the cowling where it should get a good blast of air. I still haven't flown it yet, but I have done a static test & it draws 28A on the meter with the 12 x 6 SF prop. I'm waiting for a couple of Flightpower 23C 3S x 2100 Mah batteries which should do the job with ease. The surviving 10C batteries that come with the SAPAC I've put in a microjet scratch build we've just finished.
Good luck with your mods to the ESC location... hope it works!!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:52 PM
BenziT

Hi,

What other outrunner motor can i use on this bird ?

Will this work ?

My prop is 11 x 4.7.

Might change to a 10 inch prop to reduce the current drawn

Pulso Outrunner
KA22-20L
KV : 1000 | Shaft Size: 3.0mm×12mm | Battery : 3S Lipo |
Operating Current :8-21 amp | Peak Amp : 25 amp |
Recommended Prop : 11 x 5 | Motor Dimensions: Ф28*32mm |Weight: 85g

and

ESC ( Dual Sky )
XC2512BA
25amps
(35A surge)

or

Pulso Outrunner
KA20-20L
KV : 1050 | Shaft Size: 3.17mm×12mm | Battery :3S Lipo |Operating Current :4-15 amp | Peak Amp : 19 amp |
Recommended Prop : 10 x 4.7 | Motor Dimensions: Ф28*32mm | Weight: 57g

and

ESC ( Pulso )
Pulso Advance Plus series ESC (22A)
CONT.CURRENT(A) 22
BEC(MAX) 2A
LIPO 2-6
NIMH/NICD 6-10
SIZE(mm) 32×23×7
WEIGHT(g) 16
PWM(Hze) 8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.