Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Best BIG BLOCK and set up for the revo 3.3 - post "youtube"pics and movies.

Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Best BIG BLOCK and set up for the revo 3.3 - post "youtube"pics and movies.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 09:55 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best BIG BLOCK and set up for the revo 3.3 - post "youtube"pics and movies.

I know what I want to do later for a long term project...But lets hear it, what do you all think is the BEST Big Block for the revo and set up that you know or have. The more light and streemlined designs the better....with good thought about the layout and function.post your pics, movies and ideas here to see what and how the best designs work.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:56 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Default RE: Best BIG BLOCK and set up for the revo 3.3 - post "youtube"pics and movies.

Qonepts engine mount...ninja .28(when its out)/picco .28 modded...titanium gears(custom)...the rest is already done...check out the gallery.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:06 PM
SIM2U
Banned

Default RE: Best BIG BLOCK and set up for the revo 3.3 - post "youtube"pics and movies.

here is it guys...the one that alot have waited for, the revo 3.3 extended chassis: http://www.vantageracing.com/site/v2-products.html

Not good for the bashers though, but for my purpose...its the cream on the cake for my set up.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:58 AM
Grace_Bohdi

You going the qoncepts BB kit are you...? Which are you choosing, the complete 3stage or just the simple engine mount system?

I was going to get the VG modded, but Im not sure about it now. I know its good and has tones of power, but its just not peppy enough off the mark, has a mass or torque though which is good. But i was thinking more along the lines of the picco .28, maybe...like you I still have not decided yet.

But I have yet to upgrade many things for the strength and weight issue. I need to get the RR HD gear and pinion set, some titanium here and there and some CF. Man, I wanna get those flek tex arms you have, they have serious mojo SIM.

What travel are you running with the system you want have later...?
Old 09-17-2006, 02:00 AM
Grace_Bohdi

But then again, how much power does one need for bashing or light bashing. Ill be doing some light bashing and the occassional informal race. For hard bashing I would not get the CF chassis though as Im sure you know
Old 09-17-2006, 11:35 PM
frankie 1

mabe a .70 engine from an thunder tiger ek4 lol
Old 09-17-2006, 11:57 PM
SIM2U
Banned

HOLY BARRELS OF EVERCLEAR.. A.70 from a thunder tiger....WOW! But is that going to be the best set up and still be slightly racable and or functional. Man, thats a big ass motor there bro...you should post a pic of it on here just for comparisins as I cant post any pics...mac thing...? I could drop that in my porche and drive to work and get a speeding ticket.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:49 AM
dannthenitroman

its like a brushcuttter engine
its so big it has piston ring and pings like a moto
Old 09-18-2006, 05:33 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Ha ha ha, yep...its that big, I've seen them but I would'nt want one on the revo for a perfect set up.

I was thinking more along the lines of anywhere from a .21 to .30/32 at the max with some modding to get the rpms up a bit more in the bigger blocks and custom header.

ORIGINAL: dannthenitroman

its like a brushcuttter engine
its so big it has piston ring and pings like a moto
Old 09-18-2006, 12:16 PM
SIM2U
Banned

I have not idea about the engine due to teh fact there are so many good ones out there...hard to choose.

well...I just ordered the Qoncepts - back order; stage 3 kit. I have absolutly no idea about the engine just yet though.

Bought some material for the header - wont be able to start that little project for a while yet.

Using some CF sheets of various weights for some strength reinforcement when the 3.3 chassis arrives...? Maybe next month or so before I get that.

Cant seem to get the Robinson Racing HD gear and pinion set for the revo yet...all out[:@]

Engine...?
Old 09-18-2006, 07:54 PM
B0nzz

I got the 23cc motor from my dads 1/5 hpi. it is the same engine that is in my weed trimmer. It is ganna take a LOT of Duct tape to get it in there though....

ca

Old 09-19-2006, 02:36 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Ha ha ha...nice one. Those motors from the baja's are about as fast as a weed wacker too, he he....but there's just no way you'll get it in there and if you do, you'll need more than the extended chassis to do so. Funny stuff though bro.

ORIGINAL: B0nzz

I got the 23cc motor from my dads 1/5 hpi. it is the same engine that is in my weed trimmer. It is ganna take a LOT of Duct tape to get it in there though....

ca

Old 09-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Grace_Bohdi

WOW, there really are some idiots on this planet...? Nice to see you got the 3.3 SIM, lucky buggar. I cant seem to get one as they are all SOLD OUT matey...? Was'nt that a quick one. Have you thought about the RB's or the Novas bigger blocks if you're going to race the big tracks later?

I know what you mean about it being hard to choose a good motor though. But Ill buy your .26 off you when your done, I know you looked after it. Dont forget, I saw your other stuff last time I was up there in J-Land...I have never seen so many sheens and shines coming off an RC before, ha ha ha.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:59 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Maybe...its on the cards mate. I still have not got the qoncepts stuff nor the choice of motor. I am heavily heading towards the picco .28 BB, its cheaper, has great power, has a turbo head, is strong with good warrenties and the piccos seem to last a long time. BUT, I also llike the idea of the Mr Ninja .28. From what I hear that will be one screaming engine...whenever its out...?

oops, forgot this one....Novarossi NR528XR * Port Hot Mod by Jim Hottinger, very nice. 40% off deal...oooohh, now I'm tempted.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:50 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Might even be worth sending the .28 for EB moding, and then get it on the nitro 30% for the big tracks...? Depends on a price match, and performance comp. Have to say though that the Novarossi NR528XR, seems not to be very much short of crazy.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:49 AM
Grace_Bohdi

Well I put the qoncepts s stage kit on order and I think Im going to get a PICCO .28 BB and then get it EB modded. Still works out chaper than a novarossi. Trying to get the flex tek arms too and I have also ordered the 3.3 CFVantage chassis. Im goint to run it bump start. You said you ordered the new servos SIM, which ones did you get BTW>>>? The Hitec digi's to use with the sensor?
Old 09-24-2006, 04:58 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Yes I did get the Hitec Digi's, here's what I got:
1) http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXHZR5 Got this one for steering
2) http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXHZR9 Got this one for the throttle and breaks

3) This is the qoncepts engine mount I ordered: http://www.teknorc.com/product_info.php?products_id=339 But I am not using their header and exhaust set up as it is not great, for me that is.
4) The HD diff gear set from RR http://www.teknorc.com/product_info....roducts_id=196
5) VCF 3.3 chassis http://www.teknorc.com/product_info....roducts_id=375 But I got mine elsewhere.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:00 AM
SIM2U
Banned

With the engine...I might just do the same as you Bohdi and go the PICCO .28 and then get it EB modded.

But I still want to wait a bit longer as I have heard that there will be a new model PICCO and a new Mr Ninja .28 released soon. If the Mr Ninja .28 is released within my lifetime ill be getting that I think.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:55 AM
EG1

There are some excellent engine modifiers out there, so instead of dropping 350 on a NR 528 XRS you may be able to get a cheaper engine modded and pull more power out of it. All personal choice really, I hear the NR line of engines have superior longevity though. I was VERY close to buying a NR 528 but decided to buy an LRP Z28 spec 3 and send it to a guy(Massive Mods) in Perth(Aus) for a stage 5 upgrade as I hear the spec 3 RIPS after his handy work.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:58 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Yeah this is true...NR are some serious engines in both performance and price. The Picco .28 is a very powerfull mill and the picco line is also a very reliable engine. Ah, here we go something like this little beauty and its Jim hottinger modded: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7683

What are you running now EG1..?

BTW, which part of Adelaide are you from, I have a good friend whom lives within the CBD far left where the main police station used to be, and the new CHouse is. Great wine...excellent red wine!
Old 09-25-2006, 06:03 PM
z71ruffryder

Want the best engine get the RB 323 .23 engine and a mid bloack has 3.78cc with the turbo it haul ass and had awsome top end and toq
Old 09-26-2006, 10:18 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Yeah I really am not too keen on RB motors especially the 323 actually. I think the P3 would rip that to shreds and from what I hear about the new soon to be out Ninja .28...it would kill both.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Grace_Bohdi

Well i have to say im not a big supporter of their stuff either.

There are batter products on the market that are better and cheaper too.

3.3 is coming in 3 weeks, along with those spanking new flextek arms...very pricey, hope they are good. I got a great deal on them, $170. ha ha ha. Can you believe that.

ORIGINAL: z71ruffryder

Want the best engine get the RB 323 .23 engine and a mid bloack has 3.78cc with the turbo it haul ass and had awsome top end and toq
Old 09-27-2006, 01:23 PM
SIM2U
Banned

holy boatloads of babes...$170...? WOW, nice deal mate.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Grace_Bohdi

Ha ha ha ha...how much were your SIM...? Ive got them on now and wow, your not wrong. They're seriously gold for the RC but if you can get them cheaper they are definetly worth it for the track or the basher. They have a lot of give and yet so far, more than strong enough for the bash track.

Hey did you get you BB stuff yet...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.